Author Topic: King oscar  (Read 10689 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: King oscar
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2019, 10:18:54 AM »
isn't this the oscar way? 

Pretty sure oscar's way is that he can only win with other coach's recruits.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2019, 10:28:12 AM »
isn't this the oscar way? 

Pretty sure oscar's way is that he can only win with other coach's recruits.

Southern Illinois had a nice little build up, and then dropped off when K-State's assistant coach took them over, right?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:33 AM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2019, 10:35:23 AM »
More like chris arm beard

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2019, 10:41:38 AM »
So when a bunch of pre-printed championship gear doesn’t pan out, they ship it to impoverished countries. What does the conference do with the extra trophs they assemble for ties that don’t end up happening? What a collector’s item one would be.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2019, 10:47:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/ChrisFickett/status/1104589430554267648

This pisses me off tbh

why?

this is a time for our AD to celebrate for all EMAWrs, not gloat over a decision he didn't even really make.  Why try and divide us in a time of joy?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2019, 10:48:59 AM »
So when a bunch of pre-printed championship gear doesn’t pan out, they ship it to impoverished countries. What does the conference do with the extra trophs they assemble for ties that don’t end up happening? What a collector’s item one would be.

They probably have them in the conference rooms around the Big 12 headquarters as one of the things where you throw your cell phone in there before the meeting begins, so you can focus on "being here now" during the meeting. Part of the championship culture of the conference.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2019, 10:53:14 AM »
https://twitter.com/ChrisFickett/status/1104589430554267648

This pisses me off tbh
Joe Losito is an idiot. 1 successful year out of the last 4? I guess our E8 doesn't count as a success last year, and he conveniently leaves out the 5th year back (B12 Champs).

That was 6 years ago
Doh

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2019, 10:55:01 AM »
I have never really watched this senior class, having only watched one complete KSU basketball game in the last 4 years (court-side with Kat Kid for the KU game 3 years ago), but isn't this the oscar way? 

The mid major style build up one good class, then suck for a few years, rinse and repeat? That's more than what most schools ever get to experience, but isn't that about the high water mark in terms of expectations for oscar.  Won't this team suck next year?  I look at the stats and no one else does jack crap except for these seniors.

This entire paragraph makes me really sad.  I don’t even think you would be able to pick Xavier Sneed out of a lineup :frown:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2019, 10:56:33 AM »

They probably have them in the conference rooms around the Big 12 headquarters as one of the things where you throw your cell phone in there before the meeting begins, so you can focus on "being here now" during the meeting. Part of the championship culture of the conference.

We need to be monitoring whatever sports there still are this school year and see if we can snag one for FattyFest.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »

We need to be monitoring whatever sports there still are this school year and see if we can snag one for FattyFest.

I wonder if they would let us buy one, using those funds as a donation to the conference, then we could turn around and auction it off for even more money which we would use to further the fatty fund.  Get into the  big time conference trophy philanthropy trading game like we always wanted to do.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »
I have never really watched this senior class, having only watched one complete KSU basketball game in the last 4 years (court-side with Kat Kid for the KU game 3 years ago), but isn't this the oscar way? 

The mid major style build up one good class, then suck for a few years, rinse and repeat? That's more than what most schools ever get to experience, but isn't that about the high water mark in terms of expectations for oscar.  Won't this team suck next year?  I look at the stats and no one else does jack crap except for these seniors.

This entire paragraph makes me really sad.  I don’t even think you would be able to pick Xavier Sneed out of a lineup :frown:
This is a perfect representation of oscar haters. Know the least, loudest opinions.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2019, 11:01:41 AM »

For years and years this is what we all wanted though, at least many of us. K-State was never going to recruit at the level needed to be a reloading program. Sure, we had the Huggins/Dalonte run, but that recruiting wasn't ever going to be repeatable or regular here. Frank spoiled us a bit because he had only 1 real rebuild year and that resulted in an NIT, then he kept it going for 3 straight NCAAs, but the regression was there and a rebuild year (or years) was bound to come if he had stayed. His late recruiting was basically on par with what oscar is doing; getting a few 100-150 ranked guys and piecing together others that are just outside that. Its a winning formula here if you have a coach and staff (and fans) that will stick with it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2019, 11:06:49 AM »

I swear to god I don't know Xavier Sneed's face from anyone else on the team, apart from The Flush and Claws. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »

For years and years this is what we all wanted though, at least many of us. K-State was never going to recruit at the level needed to be a reloading program. Sure, we had the Huggins/Dalonte run, but that recruiting wasn't ever going to be repeatable or regular here. Frank spoiled us a bit because he had only 1 real rebuild year and that resulted in an NIT, then he kept it going for 3 straight NCAAs, but the regression was there and a rebuild year (or years) was bound to come if he had stayed. His late recruiting was basically on par with what oscar is doing; getting a few 100-150 ranked guys and piecing together others that are just outside that. Its a winning formula here if you have a coach and staff (and fans) that will stick with it.

I'll have to take your word on that, because I cannot predict the future or divine alternate realities.  All I know is what I saw, which was badass recruits who played a style of basketball that entertained me.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »
I just want to see if #LIFE dunks the eff out of the perfect pass wetwillie lobbed up to him.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2019, 11:11:45 AM »
It's sad when kstate fans type in words that they don't expect or want to hold our AD accountable to delivering a consistent winner.

So kstatey

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »

I swear to god I don't know Xavier Sneed's face from anyone else on the team, apart from The Flush and Claws. 

Don’t lie to me on this one it’s very important.  Do you know who this player is and have you seen it before now?

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1100175885938974720?s=21

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2019, 11:28:17 AM »

Don’t lie to me on this one it’s very important.  Do you know who this player is and have you seen it before now?

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1100175885938974720?s=21

I did see that same clip, and thought that was great, and simultaneously knew that "Cartier Diarra" played for K-State, but I wouldn't have know that was "Cartier Diarra" without being told that's who it was.  Like I said, I read the box scores pretty frequently, so I am not completely uninformed.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2019, 11:54:10 AM »

Depends on how much faith you have in Snead, Diarra, Mawein, Trice, and whoever Oscar can coach up next year.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2019, 01:53:43 PM »
Reserving judgement until after we make it to the sweet sixteen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2019, 02:27:15 PM »

Mid major style? What you're describing is like every successful college sports team outside of the blue bloods.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2019, 02:38:42 AM »

Mid major style? What you're describing is like every successful college sports team outside of the blue bloods.

I was just going to laugh at this and keep moving. oscar should apologize for getting 4 players on one of the all conference teams, instead of the 6 that most other coaches do.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2019, 02:40:32 AM »
The trophy was literally in the post before yours, they aren't sports specific until the name plate goes on, they have loads of these things.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2019, 08:31:29 AM »
The trophy was literally in the post before yours, they aren't sports specific until the name plate goes on, they have loads of these things.

If Kansas State goes on a drought I think we should consider: