Author Topic: NHL open thread (lets go ahead & throw international hockey in here too)  (Read 116532 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Going to my first NHL game next month, 5th row!  :excited:   What's initiation protocol?  Kill a beer and slug the guy sitting next to you?

It's not the NFL

Touche!  I think the last time I saw live hockey was the blades back at kemper.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
sharks  :gocho:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
USA 1 (pavelski and murica :D)
Canada 2 (couture marleau vlasic  :D)
Finland 3 (niemi  :D)

Vlasic is going to make team canada? Nah?!?!

Also when I lived in Boston I saw the Worcester Sharks play quite a few times. Claude Lemieux played for them, Greiss was their starting keeper, Demers played a lot and Couture was there for a cup of coffee. They also had several other players that are still NHL regulars like Jamie McGinn, Frazier McClaren, and Brett Wesgarth. I think that team had nearly a dozen guys still in the league.

Going to my first NHL game next month, 5th row!  :excited:   What's initiation protocol?  Kill a beer and slug the guy sitting next to you?

Just don't drink too much and act like a donkey. What game are you going to? In a month it must be right before the Olympic break.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Czech Republic selected Petr Nedved, he's 42 and hasn't played in the NHL since 2007

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

vlasic made it.  couture didn't, article i read said he's having surgery this week and they may have been spooked by the rehabilitation timetable.  sad thornton didn't make it, but that was somewhat expected.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

vlasic made it.  couture didn't, article i read said he's having surgery this week and they may have been spooked by the rehabilitation timetable.  sad thornton didn't make it, but that was somewhat expected.

FWIW Couture said Hockey Canada told him it wasn't about the injury. Joe Thornton is a huge reason why I despise the Sharks, I hate his style of play for his size.

I find it somewhat odd that IMO the biggest USA snub and the biggest Canada snub both play for the Lightning in Ben Bishop and Martin St. Louis.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Couture is favorite player  :D

Also I love joe thornton, how can you hate him? Sometimes I think the 'm'  in mir stands for michigancat

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Couture is favorite player  :D

Also I love joe thornton, how can you hate him? Sometimes I think the 'm'  in mir stands for michigancat

:nono:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
joe thorton sucks. the only player ive haded more in the last 10 years is Jeremy Roenick.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
Just curious on the Thornton hate. MIR, what would your preferred style of play be for a guy of his size? T HTUC, enlighten me as well. I can think of multiple guys (even just on the SJ roster) that I would hate before him. I find this interesting.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
rough ridin' bruins

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just curious on the Thornton hate. MIR, what would your preferred style of play be for a guy of his size? T HTUC, enlighten me as well. I can think of multiple guys (even just on the SJ roster) that I would hate before him. I find this interesting.

He does that cheap Sidney Crosby, Brad Marchand little annoying dirty cheap crap like slashing and cross checking after the whistle and away from the play. I can't stand that in little guys I hate it in big guys. I mean the guy's nickname is Jumbo Joe but he plays like he's 5'7". A massive cheap shotter who won't fight :rolleyes:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
page 18 of this thread is going into my hall of fame, I think I should be designated goEMAW's hockey expert

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Patrick Kane is a piece of garbage, maybe he can go beat up and shout racial slurs at a cabbie again

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ryan Miller :Woohoo:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
interesting trade, I love Ryan Miller but it's this the answer for the Blues, I don't think they were having goalkeeping issues

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
interesting trade, I love Ryan Miller but it's this the answer for the Blues, I don't think they were having goalkeeping issues

Halak and Elliot where way to damn streaky. Lights out one game, horrible sieve the next. Miller is an improvement over both and much more consistent. I'd still like to see a top 6 forward added, but doubt it happens. IMO, this was the best possible trade to be made at this point that could improve the team. As long as their not hit hard by injuries down the stretch the Defense is now really good and the offense is solid and deep enough that I feel reasonably good about their chances in a series with about any team in the league.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
there won't be anymore blockbuster trades, there are way too many fans still in the playoff chase to be sellers

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

theyre one of the top 5 teams in the league and now they have one of the best goalies in the league. theyre almost a lock for the western semis, imo.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

theyre one of the top 5 teams in the league and now they have one of the best goalies in the league. theyre almost a lock for the western semis, imo.

Even as a Blues fan I wouldn't say anywhere close to a lock. The west is stacked this year. SJ, Chicago, and Anaheim are all really good as well. Add in LA and Colorado who have some holes but could still get hot and take out any of the top teams (especially LA with Quick) and it's going to be a brutal but extremely fun Western Conference playoff. Hell, even Minnesota and whoever manages to get that eight seed aren't pushovers.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
go stars tho

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just bet my Colorado friend $100 on the Avalanche NOT winning a Stanley Cup in the next 5 seasons. You guys think they will?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just bet my Colorado friend $100 on the Avalanche NOT winning a Stanley Cup in the next 5 seasons. You guys think they will?

It's possible, there's a lot of very good young talent there. But I really don't see the west getting any easier in a 5 year window.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
these jersey's in the heritage classic  :love:

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
The outdoor stadium series is an absolute delight.