Author Topic: Fiscal Cliff  (Read 3106 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fiscal Cliff
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »
This is why I would assign blame roughly evenly.

i agree with this.  i also agree with fsd that the 'pubs won this round.  the dem's had all the leverage and ended up negotiating a higher definition of rich than they campaigned on, made the bush tax rates permanent for everyone under 400k, got nothing on defense cuts, gave up the payroll cut and couldn't come to any acceptable agreement on entitlement reform.

they'll never have a better bargaining position and they somehow got less than what they just got elected to enact.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »
The mid terms and 2016 will tell us who won.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »
The R's def won over the hard line D's.  I mean, they were able to let the bush stuff expire on Obama's watch, then they were able to vote to re-enact them.  So, 2 yrs from now, they will say with a straight face that the D's raised taxes, and the R's wouldn't have it and immediately enacted legislation that lowered taxes.  In 2 yrs, the avg american won't remember and will have their face politically spun off to the point that the above will be the god's honest and no details will matter.

Put that with the higher def of "rich",the delay on the sequestration of defense spending, and the fact that the dem's have zero political leverage to hold off spending cuts at this point, and this is a clear R win.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »
Yeah but, he isn't negotiating the debt ceiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, can someone tell me what he means by that???

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »

He said yesterday that he expects congress to provide payment for the bills they have already incurred or agreed to incur.  That was the extent of what I heard in his interview.  So, he is spinning it so that ppl think that congress ran up the electric bill with a huge xmas tree and kept the thermostat on 85deg during the day while they were away at work and now doesn't want to pay the KCPL(only in DC, lollers) bill. 

It is more involved than that, but he is right to an extent.  They all need to stop the rough ridin' bitching about the debt ceiling until they actually work out a spending cut/tax bill that addresses what needs to be addressed rather than just agreeing to give themselves more time.  I mean, how do you budget until you know what your income will be.  The whole process is dumb and is being addressed partially backward s

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »

He said yesterday that he expects congress to provide payment for the bills they have already incurred or agreed to incur.  That was the extent of what I heard in his interview.  So, he is spinning it so that ppl think that congress ran up the electric bill with a huge xmas tree and kept the thermostat on 85deg during the day while they were away at work and now doesn't want to pay the KCPL(only in DC, lollers) bill. 

It is more involved than that, but he is right to an extent.  They all need to stop the rough ridin' bitching about the debt ceiling until they actually work out a spending cut/tax bill that addresses what needs to be addressed rather than just agreeing to give themselves more time.  I mean, how do you budget until you know what your income will be.  The whole process is dumb and is being addressed partially backward s

Obama thinks budgets are stupid and completely unnecessary.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »

Obama thinks budgets are stupid and completely unnecessary.

So the Ways and Means Committee resides in the White House now? You do realize the debt ceiling is probably the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) piece of political theater ever created correct?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »
yeah, that's pretty much what I said.