Author Topic: Master Dudes Thread  (Read 207870 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Master Dudes Thread
« Reply #1050 on: May 12, 2022, 03:23:16 PM »
i was kinda shocked at the numbers smith put up

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 12, 2022, 03:29:05 PM »
Just proves that anyone can groom themselves when you have 5-6 years of collegiate eligibility. Seriously tho, he was fun to watch.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 12, 2022, 04:13:08 PM »

Yes his rebounding blew me away
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 12, 2022, 04:54:44 PM »
oscar was great at coaching up the transfers, not so great coaching up his own recruits. Maybe a bad idea to get rid of him in this new transfer portal age.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 12, 2022, 04:57:29 PM »
Nijel was his best recruit and got Big 12 First team as a sophomore and got paid 400k+ a year as a transfer in the portal so maybe not

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 12, 2022, 06:37:24 PM »
Because it's a free country, I'm going to keep my own, personal list of dudes.

DUDES
n/a

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 12, 2022, 08:14:36 PM »
Does anyone here remember Huggs' first class for us?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 12, 2022, 08:20:15 PM »
I don't know if Tang will be a giant success here because you just can't know at this point.  But I know this staff will bring in some really good players.  Tang and Maligi have a long enough track record to know they'll get players. After a full year of recruiting I think next years class will be really good, and the best we've had in a while.  If it's not then I'll start to worry.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 12, 2022, 08:42:03 PM »
I don't know if Tang will be a giant success here because you just can't know at this point.  But I know this staff will bring in some really good players.  Tang and Maligi have a long enough track record to know they'll get players. After a full year of recruiting I think next years class will be really good, and the best we've had in a while.  If it's not then I'll start to worry.
My biggest worry is these guys did this before NIL/transfer portal hit. They were great back door guys. I think it makes their job even harder that all of this is out in the open now. I don’t think much will change in college athletics, other than smaller programs not being able to compete with bags of cash. I think he was great at what he did before we opened free agency in college athletics. I hope I’m wrong and he kicks complete ass and finds a way to overcome the new norm. Which kinda sucks, btw.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 12, 2022, 08:55:24 PM »
My biggest worry is these guys did this before NIL/transfer portal hit. They were great back door guys. I think it makes their job even harder that all of this is out in the open now. I don’t think much will change in college athletics, other than smaller programs not being able to compete with bags of cash. I think he was great at what he did before we opened free agency in college athletics. I hope I’m wrong and he kicks complete ass and finds a way to overcome the new norm. Which kinda sucks, btw.

Backdoor guys? What does that mean? Our head coach recruited to Baylor good enough to eventually make them national champions. Our lead assistant recruited to Texas Tech good enough to take them to overtime of the national championship game.

NIL isn't going to change what college basketball is, blue bloods getting a shot at all the top talent and other programs occasionally landing one of them, then having a free for all for the players rated 26-300. K-State isn't broke, our coaches are proven recruiters in similar places. We'll get guys, I'll restate what 33 said, what needs to be seen if they can develop players and manage three program.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 12, 2022, 09:01:55 PM »

Backdoor guys? What does that mean? Our head coach recruited to Baylor good enough to eventually make them national champions. Our lead assistant recruited to Texas Tech good enough to take them to overtime of the national championship game.

NIL isn't going to change what college basketball is, blue bloods getting a shot at all the top talent and other programs occasionally landing one of them, then having a free for all for the players rated 26-300. K-State isn't broke, our coaches are proven recruiters in similar places. We'll get guys, I'll restate what 33 said, what needs to be seen if they can develop players and manage three program.
You can’t convince me that Baylor basketball didn’t pay a lot of dudes before the open market existed. That’s all. I hope he can coach them up. I just see big time recruiters at programs are usually giving a bag to someone. No way Baylor became what they have now without doing it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 12, 2022, 09:20:54 PM »
I just see big time recruiters at programs are usually giving a bag to someone. No way Baylor became what they have now without doing it.

i’m going to give you a bag.  of deez nuts to your face.  chill out and quit playing the ying to our tang.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 12, 2022, 09:23:28 PM »
Our BMD just tried to pay a juco burnout coach 5 million dollars a year to coach our basketball team and 10 million to buy him out.  We have some money dudes.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 12, 2022, 09:24:27 PM »
I just see big time recruiters at programs are usually giving a bag to someone. No way Baylor became what they have now without doing it.

i’m going to give you a bag.  of deez nuts to your face.  chill out and quit playing the ying to our tang.
:shakesfist:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 12, 2022, 09:26:34 PM »
Who’s your favorite recruit he’s landed so far?

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 12, 2022, 09:27:21 PM »
Cam Carter

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 12, 2022, 09:31:36 PM »
Definitely upside. Since we’ve had such a shitty past with JUCO players, I’m convincing myself that guy we landed that is #7 in the rankings will be good. I know nothing about him, but Baylor has done well with JUCO guys.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 12, 2022, 10:03:10 PM »
Definitely upside. Since we’ve had such a shitty past with JUCO players, I’m convincing myself that guy we landed that is #7 in the rankings will be good. I know nothing about him, but Baylor has done well with JUCO guys.
But we’ve also had such a good past with JUCO recruits

https://youtu.be/lZsT0GYTVoI
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 13, 2022, 12:49:05 AM »

lmao. #blessed!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 13, 2022, 03:29:39 PM »

You can’t convince me that Baylor basketball didn’t pay a lot of dudes before the open market existed. That’s all. I hope he can coach them up. I just see big time recruiters at programs are usually giving a bag to someone. No way Baylor became what they have now without doing it.

So you think he was cheating, he's a liar, and the media that covered for him were all blinded by who he truly is?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 17, 2022, 09:59:58 AM »

[tweet]1516162054914285569[/tweet]?s=20&t=A50BX6ey8sp5hVn7xhH3aA

[tweet]1520481885025042432[/tweet]?s=20&t=c5RCjdbr_ve-ETnlWm-fzw
https://twitter.com/ColeCarmody52/status/1526568155967012868?s=20&t=h1OqFozJUyG1HOsjI8_UvA

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 17, 2022, 10:49:51 AM »
Predictions?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 17, 2022, 11:03:17 AM »