Author Topic: Master Dudes Thread  (Read 206429 times)

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Dudes Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/Seryee2020/status/1240768560051470336?s=20

So, does this mean we are out of the donovan williams race?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 08:05:55 PM by BostonPancake »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
Let’s do some scholly math

Departing seniors Mak, Pierson, X
Transfers love, shadd, SNW

So that is 7 scholarships occupied.  Mike, Carti, Levi, Sloan, D Gordon, A Gordon, Murphy
Incoming Players: 6 Pack, Kasubke, transfer big i forget name,  7 foot dude, Miguel, Seryee

So if we are still pursuing Donavan we are still expecting one departure. My money is on Carti.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2020, 08:32:42 AM »
I think transfers are going to have a tough time if the NCAA allows seniors to come back.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2020, 08:38:02 AM »
I think transfers are going to have a tough time if the NCAA allows seniors to come back.

For track and baseball?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 20, 2020, 08:47:46 AM »

For track and baseball?

Have they ruled it out for basketball yet?  A bunch of coaches were arguing for it

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2020, 10:25:29 AM »
Yeah, Winter sports aren't getting the pass. Heard it on sports radio the other day.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2020, 10:30:24 AM »
Let’s do some scholly math

Departing seniors Mak, Pierson, X
Transfers love, shadd, SNW

So that is 7 scholarships occupied.  Mike, Carti, Levi, Sloan, D Gordon, A Gordon, Murphy
Incoming Players: 6 Pack, Kasubke, transfer big i forget name,  7 foot dude, Miguel, Seryee

So if we are still pursuing Donavan we are still expecting one departure. My money is on Carti.
Do we think he'll still be here next season?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2020, 02:12:56 PM »
I think the word on the street was he was going to play overseas or g league instead of coming back.   

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 20, 2020, 02:48:01 PM »
I think the word on the street was he was going to play overseas or g league instead of coming back.
These were made up assumptions by people on GPC with no real knowledge of the subject. Literally blank statements made based upon observation.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »

This hasn't been ruled on but no chance of this happening for winter sports athletes. What some people are forgetting is that a lot of these seniors had already completed their eligibility. 12 conference tournaments had been completed. Only the AAC, SWAC, and Big West had not started their tournaments. The Ivy obviously hadn't either but only four teams play in that tournament.

Also I don't think Cartier is leaving.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 20, 2020, 03:26:54 PM »

This hasn't been ruled on but no chance of this happening for winter sports athletes. What some people are forgetting is that a lot of these seniors had already completed their eligibility. 12 conference tournaments had been completed. Only the AAC, SWAC, and Big West had not started their tournaments. The Ivy obviously hadn't either but only four teams play in that tournament.

I'm confused by your statement about the conference tournaments being completed. We are talking about basketball, correct?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 20, 2020, 03:42:32 PM »
I will be very glad if Carti stays, they are recruiting another wing actively so they are anticipating someone leaving.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2020, 03:50:23 PM »
I saw this highlight video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1nMBpZ5cdI[/youtube]

and thought "Great, a 6'8" guy who can't/doesn't like to dunk"

and then I watched this video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqwCbmcdgEk[/youtube]

and was immensely relieved. Jamar Samuels is the ceiling for this dude, but that's not a bad ceiling to have.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2020, 05:36:56 PM »
wtf is up with the highlights of the white jerseys vs white jerseys, who the hell screwed that up massively

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 20, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »
how would that even work, it'd just eff over the incoming freshmen.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2020, 08:11:46 PM »

It's already going to screw over incoming freshmen in spring sports if large numbers of seniors decide to stay. Incoming freshmen could start singing NLI's back in November - many teams in many sports in many levels of the NCAA would have already essentially had their incoming classes complete/finalized by the time all this stuff went down.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 23, 2020, 12:43:21 AM »

I'm confused by your statement about the conference tournaments being completed. We are talking about basketball, correct?

You actually didn't know that several conference basketball tournaments were completed, and all but three conferences had eliminated teams, or am I missing something?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2020, 12:45:36 AM »

You actually didn't know that several conference basketball tournaments were completed, and all but three conferences had eliminated teams, or am I missing something?
I think I was reading too fast and thought you wrote "Big 12 conference tournament". Mea culpa.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2020, 12:52:11 AM »

It's already going to screw over incoming freshmen in spring sports if large numbers of seniors decide to stay. Incoming freshmen could start singing NLI's back in November - many teams in many sports in many levels of the NCAA would have already essentially had their incoming classes complete/finalized by the time all this stuff went down.

1. Part of the legislation that will be passed to allow the spring athletes to essentially freeze their clock, important distinction because it will effect all athletes, all classes, will be to give schools scholarship relief. No freshman will be losing their scholarships. The bigger issue will be how these scholarships will be funded, especially at smaller schools. The schools and conferences will not only miss out on important revenue from the media rights from the basketball and baseball conference tournaments, but they lose all of that NCAA revenue. 99%, not an exaggeration, of that revenue is generated from the championships, almost all of which is from the basketball tournament. The bigger decision from the NCAA isn't the spring athlete eligibility decision but how they're going to fund these schools and conferences.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2020, 12:52:40 AM »

I think I was reading too fast and thought you wrote "Big 12 conference tournament". Mea culpa.

All good homie

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 23, 2020, 09:26:24 PM »

1. Part of the legislation that will be passed to allow the spring athletes to essentially freeze their clock, important distinction because it will effect all athletes, all classes, will be to give schools scholarship relief. No freshman will be losing their scholarships. The bigger issue will be how these scholarships will be funded, especially at smaller schools. The schools and conferences will not only miss out on important revenue from the media rights from the basketball and baseball conference tournaments, but they lose all of that NCAA revenue. 99%, not an exaggeration, of that revenue is generated from the championships, almost all of which is from the basketball tournament. The bigger decision from the NCAA isn't the spring athlete eligibility decision but how they're going to fund these schools and conferences.

Right, and it's the NCAA, so it'll end up being the schools that can afford it will do so (some Power 5s) and the schools that can't (most of the rest), won't. If you're in a middle of the pack conference and you can bring back the 2018 conference lacrosse player of the year or an incoming freshman at the bottom of your class (but can't afford both - it's not just the scholarship, but the housing, the stipend, etc.), who are you going to choose? There's going to be a lot of losers in this situation.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2020, 05:59:08 PM »
I see we're after another 4 star

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 09, 2020, 06:11:55 PM »
in the final 3

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 09, 2020, 10:37:20 PM »
Dudes got a full beard and sleeve in high school. I hope we finally can land our leader scorer guy.