Author Topic: Tonight and Bracketology  (Read 1274 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Tonight and Bracketology
« on: December 19, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »
From KSU's official sports site, I bring you this quote from HCBW about 1-10 Texas Southern after the Cats' 9-point win over them tonight:

These guys are for real. I mentioned on the radio show last night, that if you look at Joe Lanardi’s Bracketology, even though they are 1-10 now, he has them in the tournament.

Great motivation, oscar. Rely on Lanardi (yes, I know he does well) to get the Cats up for a non-con game.

LOL. I have to believe there is more to your coaching than relying on Lanardi.

Link: http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/121812aad.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:43:13 AM by bones129 »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight and Bracketology
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 12:45:06 AM »
Meh.  Coaches use whatever they can to motivate their teams for pud games like this.  Especially over break when theres like 5 people in the stands. 

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 12:56:27 AM »
I would love to know from Mr. Bread if oscar settles into a go-to excuse at any point. Because he seems to have a pretty impressive arsenal.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 07:58:53 AM »
Meh.  Coaches use whatever they can to motivate their teams for pud games like this.  Especially over break when there's like 12,000 and 5 people in the stands.
fyp

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
I would love to know from Mr. Bread if oscar settles into a go-to excuse at any point. Because he seems to have a pretty impressive arsenal.

No.  oscar is outstanding at playing the victim.  He is highly skilled at passing the buck and deflecting blame.  Nothing is ever oscar's fault; he's just the victim of never-ending shitty circumstances of someone else's creation.  Snake-bit.  oscar always does it the right way; it's just that his players or his AD or the fans or the other team somehow eff it up.  It's really something. 

To wit:

Q: Swing and miss on big-time recruits?  A: Other coaches are dirty and oscar doesn't do that; he's a good and honorable man and we're lucky to have him. 

Q: Land big-time recruits, but they're underperforming on the court?  A: They're not oscar's "kind" of player; they aren't fundamentally sound and don't do what he tells them to do (yes, it's as blatantly :opcat: as it sounds).

Q: Why did he recruit them then if they're not his "kind" of player?  A: oscar was strong-armed into recruiting them by the media, the fanbase and the AD; he told those stupid dicks it wouldn't work, but they didn't listen; buncha star-chasers that don't know a thing about basketball Xs and Os.

Etc.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »

No.  oscar is outstanding at playing the victim.  He is highly skilled at passing the buck and deflecting blame.  Nothing is ever oscar's fault; he's just the victim of never-ending shitty circumstances of someone else's creation.  Snake-bit.  oscar always does it the right way; it's just that his players or his AD or the fans or the other team somehow eff it up.  It's really something. 

To wit:

Q: Swing and miss on big-time recruits?  A: Other coaches are dirty and oscar doesn't do that; he's a good and honorable man and we're lucky to have him. 

Q: Land big-time recruits, but they're underperforming on the court?  A: They're not oscar's "kind" of player; they aren't fundamentally sound and don't do what he tells them to do (yes, it's as blatantly :opcat: as it sounds).

Q: Why did he recruit them then if they're not his "kind" of player?  A: oscar was strong-armed into recruiting them by the media, the fanbase and the AD; he told those stupid dicks it wouldn't work, but they didn't listen; buncha star-chasers that don't know a thing about basketball Xs and Os.

Etc.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry. I can only imagine the relief IliniFan must be feeling right now.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.