Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 490831 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #7275 on: November 24, 2022, 08:02:20 AM »
I haven’t ever seen a conservative making the “root cause” argument who also supports an actual plan to provide greater access to mental health services.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: November 24, 2022, 08:08:45 AM »
DeflectoCat strikes again

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: November 24, 2022, 08:10:00 AM »
Damn, dax. Damn ...
Spracs chimes in with a nothing burger right on cue

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: November 24, 2022, 09:06:58 AM »
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that dax managed whataboutism to even a clip where a guy expressed relief that his son was a mass murderer instead of gay and that he taught his son that he should choose violence over tolerance.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: November 24, 2022, 10:20:28 AM »
I shouldn’t be surprised at all that M “I like cakes” IR can’t understand the usual political component

Imagine being a collection of whackadoos that pick and choose tragedies in order to advance a political agenda.

On that reality - I give you #blueanon/#blueanongE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: November 24, 2022, 04:46:51 PM »
dax, don't be a weirdo, I don't want to have to block you from my twitter but if you're going to be a creep, I won't have a choice.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: November 25, 2022, 09:32:15 AM »
dax driving to shitty sales calls listening to NPR and taking notes to post on gE is a visual that cracks me tf up

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: November 25, 2022, 10:00:51 AM »
dax driving to shitty sales calls listening to NPR and taking notes to post on gE is a visual that cracks me tf up

Passing by giant piles of disgarded whip-its  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: November 25, 2022, 10:50:28 AM »
a sophisticated version of wacks crushing 11 beers then sitting down to get angry at SNL

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: November 25, 2022, 02:01:47 PM »
 :D

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: December 03, 2022, 06:30:05 PM »
They had an "intruder drill" at my 9 yo kid's school yesterday. "Dad, they showed us how to push our desks in front on the class door to block it. If we are in the bathroom, we are supposed to sit on top of the toilet seat and lock the door until a teacher comes to help us."

Absolutely insane that we tolerate this.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1599191504735862784?s=20&t=1DS0WE1s8cmVBX3DXYMknA

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: December 03, 2022, 06:46:56 PM »
Stop messing with our kids.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: December 03, 2022, 09:19:28 PM »
When I was a classroom teacher, they told me to flip a table and have my kids hide behind it. First graders.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: December 03, 2022, 09:24:51 PM »
When I was a classroom teacher, they told me to flip a table and have my kids hide behind it. First graders.
We traumatize our teacher and children like this instead of confronting the actual problem.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: December 03, 2022, 10:15:03 PM »
After Uvalde, I've been rethinking the old RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. mantra. Seems like it needs to be FIGHT. RUN. HIDE. now.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7290 on: December 06, 2022, 02:06:51 PM »
After Uvalde, I've been rethinking the old RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. mantra. Seems like it needs to be FIGHT. RUN. HIDE. now.

Question:  how much ground can you stand before you become a murderer?  For example, let’s say I am out for a pleasant morning walk and happen to see someone walking towards me carrying an AR. Can I shoot them?  Standing ground or murder? 

Say I am dropping my kid off at school and see the same guy approaching the school parking lot I am in. Murder or ground stood?

What if I see a guy with an AR on his back reaching out for the door at a school and I am near by?  Blast that guy and its murder or standing that ground?

How about civil court’s view of those same questions? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: December 06, 2022, 02:16:09 PM »
If some weirdo starts walking around Target with a long gun over his shoulder, I am leaving that Target and wouldn't blame someone for shooting that person.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: December 06, 2022, 02:31:58 PM »
If some weirdo starts walking around Target with a long gun over his shoulder, I am leaving that Target and wouldn't blame someone for shooting that person.

same for a school except they should probably be shot

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: December 06, 2022, 02:53:42 PM »
Open carry people are the smallest dick people on the planet. Vibes absolutely scream micro dick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: December 06, 2022, 02:55:39 PM »
lol at being in a target

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: December 06, 2022, 02:56:29 PM »
A bunch of posters itt hate the constitution as much as Donald Trump
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: December 06, 2022, 03:37:29 PM »
A bunch of posters itt hate the constitution as much as Donald Trump

that isn't even possible

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: December 06, 2022, 03:58:42 PM »

Question:  how much ground can you stand before you become a murderer?  For example, let’s say I am out for a pleasant morning walk and happen to see someone walking towards me carrying an AR. Can I shoot them?  Standing ground or murder?  --> If they're like aiming it at you, or otherwise threatening you with it, you should be able to use deadly force. If not, probably not.

Say I am dropping my kid off at school and see the same guy approaching the school parking lot I am in. Murder or ground stood? --> He's just walking around with it?  Close call. Same questions though: is he aiming it at anyone, or otherwise being threatening? The fact that he's breaking a federal law doesn't automatically justify deadly force.

What if I see a guy with an AR on his back reaching out for the door at a school and I am near by? Blast that guy and its murder or standing that ground? --> 1.) Make sure he's not a cop. 2.) Blast away without a thought of the legal standard. No DA would indict, and no jury would convict. (Edit: I mean, make sure you don't miss though and hit a kid. You might catch a charge for that, though likely not murder.)

How about civil court’s view of those same questions? --> it would really come down to the particular facts. Even the answers above are way too simplified and would depend on a number of missing facts.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: December 06, 2022, 05:42:12 PM »

Question:  how much ground can you stand before you become a murderer?  For example, let’s say I am out for a pleasant morning walk and happen to see someone walking towards me carrying an AR. Can I shoot them?  Standing ground or murder?  --> If they're like aiming it at you, or otherwise threatening you with it, you should be able to use deadly force. If not, probably not.

Say I am dropping my kid off at school and see the same guy approaching the school parking lot I am in. Murder or ground stood? --> He's just walking around with it?  Close call. Same questions though: is he aiming it at anyone, or otherwise being threatening? The fact that he's breaking a federal law doesn't automatically justify deadly force.

What if I see a guy with an AR on his back reaching out for the door at a school and I am near by? Blast that guy and its murder or standing that ground? --> 1.) Make sure he's not a cop. 2.) Blast away without a thought of the legal standard. No DA would indict, and no jury would convict. (Edit: I mean, make sure you don't miss though and hit a kid. You might catch a charge for that, though likely not murder.)

How about civil court’s view of those same questions? --> it would really come down to the particular facts. Even the answers above are way too simplified and would depend on a number of missing facts.

Good parsing details judiciously and fairly is our strength.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: December 13, 2022, 08:43:24 AM »
Not an actual shooting but my kids' school buildings were locked down yesterday b/c someone was trying to gain access to one of the buildings in the district without authorization.