Author Topic: #Life development  (Read 5672 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: #Life development
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »
I'm concerned he'll have a hard time staying healthy in Snyder's offense.
He doesn't seem to play with a lot of self preservation in mind

Exactly.  Klein seems to find a hole and run through it north and south.  Sams finds a hole, runs through it, and tries to juke 6 yards down field.  This is why he keeps getting dinged up.  He'll get lit real bad eventually on these if he doesn't bulk up.  On the plus side, it makes for spectacular plays sometimes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
Snyder can have a very complicated passing game . . . the problem with running it with a QB like Sams is the fact that he's not a drop back passer.

I think Snyder views Sams as another round of Michael Bishop. Someone he ran the QB draw with about 3,000,000 times. Sams seems to get hurt (re-injured?) in every game he plays in. Probably not RGIII status.

RG3 was hurt his entire career dummy.

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
I feel like Snyder knows his personnel about as well as anyone could. One looke of contrast between Klein and Sams shows a significant physical difference. I doubt they run half as many QB design runs next year as they did Kleins JR campaign. I think the only thing holding DSams back will be his inability to digest the playbook

What makes you think he'll have trouble digesting the play book? :opcat:
Alot of QBs have trouble dissecting a humongous playbook like Snyders to the point they can run it to Coach's satisfaction... has nothing to do with his race or anything like that. To assume so makes you the hick ass racist

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »
Lotta rough ridin' racists in this thread.  Get lost u hicks

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
Nothing like a #Life thread to out the racists.

My favorite part is when the racist backpedals and then tries to call the person a racist who first called them a racist.  Classic racist move.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »
People who think Sams won't be able to wing it in Snyder's system are dumbasses. Snyder is on record for saying that's his greatest attribute. Like I said, when he's not being held to limited exposure by the coaching staff, he's going to kill it. He's been a nice breather for Klein. Klein dealt with way more pounding last year. Ok st mumped up our perfect run, then tcu added to it, and Klein's humanistics finally showed at Baylor. Took 3 games of abuse to get there.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 12:04:57 AM »
I thought he was getting banged up by playing against 1st teamers that were pissed they just got piss pounded for 3 quarters & were playing like dirty cheaters.  :dunno:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:33:15 AM by EMAWesome »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 12:34:10 AM »
You know who said Klein would have trouble learning the playbook?

No one.

You know who says Sams will have trouble learning the playbook?

Racists.

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 12:52:22 AM »
I have no doubt That #life will make the playbook his bitch.... My biggest concern / Fear is due to his overwelming swagger and  abilities that he Will make some ill advised throws or try to make the "extra" juke/ cut and have the ball stripped from him some times. I'm hoping His inner Bishop Shows and he uses his talents to be able to make up for those errors, to keep old balls happy.

I have no doubt that D. Sams is more talented and athletic then Klien, But Klein's ability to lead the the team, make smart choices and not turning the ball over is what makes him great. I hope Sams can be the leader Klein is and Be the player we all Know he is capable of being.

IMO I think He will be just fine He will make Sophmore mistakes next year , but I feel he will have us competing in every game because he's a winner, just like Klein.
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 07:52:24 AM »

No one.

Racists.

No way a young black kid from the Deep South can even read or write let alone memorize football plays.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 07:59:41 AM »
J Beasley had the best handle on the playbook of any QB in Snyder 1.0 hand down. Marc Dunn could never figure out the snap count.
RIP Fatty

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »

No one.

Racists.

No way a young black kid from the Deep South can even read or write let alone memorize football plays.
:lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »
The best comparisons for #life are Beasley or Roberson, the other 2 dual threats Snyder had as high school recruits. #life's skill set (quickness, arm strength) is much more like Roberson, I think he may have a similar career path.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 09:56:41 AM »
The best comparisons for #life are Beasley or Roberson, the other 2 dual threats Snyder had as high school recruits. #life's skill set (quickness, arm strength) is much more like Roberson, I think he may have a similar career path.
Would take.  :emawkid:

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 10:29:19 AM »
I bet some  :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: recruit mushes sams.   Sorry #Life t's & p's.   

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »
He can be every bit the leader Klein is. Very respectful of others, and high character youngster.  Everyone loves him.  Leader.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »
I think he is more Bishop - people remember his great arm strength but forget he had nice touch as well.  Ell never seemed to develop and we haven't the screen game much since.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »
So I got to thinking how god awful Klein was at throwing his Sophomore year and the transformation he had by his Junior year. Sams already has shown the ability to throw the laser and I'm wondering how badass he'll be by next year. This off season could come down to #life's development.  He's going to eventually be the next RGlll.  :drool:

As a sophomore Klein was 11-18 for 138 yds, 1 TD and 0 INTs.  Small sample, but "god awful" might be an exaggeration.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »
Eye test vs Texas says he sucked balls.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
Eye test vs Texas says he sucked balls.

Eye test vs Texas says we crushed them and didn't even try to throw. Didn't throw because we didn't need to is not equal to can't throw. Hell, they followed that plan until we trailed Tech in the 3rd quarter last year in Lubbock.  Suddenly the guy could throw?

It's just that way under Snyder. That's why we get QBs like Sams who are recruited for a different position at other schools. You can get a shot at QB here, but you're going to run. That's why Freeman committed to NU.

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 10:55:15 PM »
So I got to thinking how god awful Klein was at throwing his Sophomore year and the transformation he had by his Junior year. Sams already has shown the ability to throw the laser and I'm wondering how badass he'll be by next year. This off season could come down to #life's development.  He's going to eventually be the next RGlll Michael Jordan of football.  :drool:
Fixed it.  :thumbsup:
with johnny football and everett gholston around for the next 3 years nobody is going to talk about daniel freaking sams and kstate.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »
So I got to thinking how god awful Klein was at throwing his Sophomore year and the transformation he had by his Junior year. Sams already has shown the ability to throw the laser and I'm wondering how badass he'll be by next year. This off season could come down to #life's development.  He's going to eventually be the next RGlll Michael Jordan of football.  :drool:
Fixed it.  :thumbsup:
with johnny football and everett gholston and Max Wittek around for the next 3 years nobody is going to talk about daniel freaking sams and kstate.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »
The real losers are coming out tonight.

catzacker

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
Life will get plenty of opps to throw with our dogshit defense next year.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
#Life development
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 12:25:27 AM »
When I was watching Johnny vs Bama I actually said to myself "wow, he is looking almost as good as Daniel SAMs."