Author Topic: Greenwald: U.S. kill list compels support of Israel  (Read 2774 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Greenwald: U.S. kill list compels support of Israel
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
Extra-judicial assassination - accompanied by the wanton killing of whatever civilians happen to be near the target, often including children - is a staple of the Obama presidency. That lawless tactic is one of the US president's favorite instruments for projecting force and killing whomever he decides should have their lives ended: all in total secrecy and with no due process or oversight. There is now a virtually complete convergence between US and Israeli aggression, making US criticism of Israel impossible not only for all the usual domestic political reasons, but also out of pure self-interest: for Obama to condemn Israel's rogue behavior would be to condemn himself.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/15/israel-gaza-obama-assassinations

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Greenwald: U.S. kill list compels support of Israel
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:05:30 PM »
I'm always shocked at the number of people who are supposedly educated and have no concept of international norms and international law.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »
Just what part of International Law covers pumping Hellfire Missiles into mudhuts at "Suspected Terrorists" who are defined as any male believed to be over a certain age?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:46:33 PM »
Im always surprised these threads dont get more action
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 05:44:27 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 06:26:44 PM »
I don't understand what people want Israel to do when Hamas shoots rockets from playgrounds?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »
President Obama is an expert in constitutional law.  The deliberation that takes place behind the scenes between the executive branch and the highest ranking military officials is sufficient due process in the case of international terrorists. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »
I don't understand what people want Israel to do when Hamas shoots rockets from playgrounds?

they should eff 'em up, imo

President Obama is an expert in constitutional law.  The deliberation that takes place behind the scenes between the executive branch and the highest ranking military officials is sufficient due process in the case of international terrorists. 

And innocent civilians that die too. Drones aren't exactly making any friends

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:45 PM »
Barry extended the Patriot Act and passed NDAA. An NSA data mining complex is going up in Utah. Thank God he's a constitutional expert tho

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »

That is absolutely terrifying
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »

What if Bush had been an expert in constitutional law? Would you have been okay with this?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »

agreed

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »
Yes, the current administration defines "International Terrorists" as males over a certain age who happen to be in a certain area at a certain time.   Oh sure, they also define it a little tighter at times by saying those males were engaged in "suspicious activities".

Yep, takes a lot of constitutional law to drill down to those finite definitions of "terrorists".

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
Also numerous survey's by multiple sources have shown that amongst the many non terrorists, never had any intention of ever being a terrorist . . . yet were significantly impacted by Drone Wars.   Has only built up a greater resentment against the United States and actually spawned more people inclined to want to commit terrorist acts against the United States and U.S interests.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 09:53:35 PM »
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula had just a few hundred members in 2009, and controlled no territory. Today it has, along with Ansar al-Sharia, at least a thousand members and substantial operational spaces in Abyan and Shabwa, in addition to a presence in Mareb, Rada, Hadramout and other regions of Yemen.  New York Times 9/26/2012 . . . coincides perfectly with the U.S. significantly ratcheting up Drone strikes.

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 11:46:31 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if the drone is inside the country's airspace... It is nice to see Obama reads the board and is basically trolling Dax at this point.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 11:48:33 PM »

its like Obama can do no wrong in the eyes of his supporters. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 12:36:21 AM »
Exactly. The Hadramut was a bastion of sunshine and reasonable discourse before Obama.

Also, have you seen those numbers on ice cream and shark attacks?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 12:48:30 AM »

It's a slippery slope, but that's why we elect people who we can trust with those kinds of responsibilities.  If we have an international terrorist in our sights and we can take them out with a drone strike, I'm all for it. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 08:37:21 AM »
Just say NO to pumping Hellfire Missiles into Mudhuts at "suspected terrororists fitting the description of a (insert age here) male taking part in 'suspicious activities'" . . . Unless a Democrat is President.

Hey, it's a good thing this administration brought in guys like Harold “unambiguously reassert our historic commitments to human rights and the rule of law as a major source of our moral authority” Koh (Koh said that when a Republican was President to the U.S. Senate) from Yale . . . the same guy who railed about expansion of executive powers under the previous administration, but now says that the secret state sanctioned Extra-judicial assassination campaign while it's real, real, real close to being illegal . . . is probably okay . . . maybe.

Golly, every month or so the CIA sends the ISI a fax saying, "hey uh, we're going to being fly over there, and maybe over here in the next few weeks".   The ISI would awknowledge the receipt of the fax . . . nothing more (really, a Fax?).    The U.S. takes the awknowledgement of the receipt of the fax by the ISI as "inferred consent".   

Government lawyers like Koh must scramble to revise their interpretation of international law so as to keep up with the new events that justify, in the eyes of the president, a military intervention.  The “coerced consent” doctrine, the “unable and unwilling” doctrine, and the exception for humanitarian intervention all whittle away at whatever part of the law on United Nations use of force blocks U.S. goals. If the United States ever decides to invade Iran in order to prevent it from acquiring nuclear weapons, expect a new doctrine to take shape, perhaps one that emphasizes the unique dangers of nuclear weapons and Iran’s declared hostility toward a nearby country.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/view_from_chicago/2012/10/obama_s_drone_war_is_probably_illegal_will_it_stop_.html

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
It would be awesome if it were that easy. The ISI is a bunch of self-important assholes.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 11:42:30 AM »

It's a slippery slope, but that's why we elect people who we can trust with those kinds of responsibilities.  If we have an international terrorist in our sights and we can take them out with a drone strike, I'm all for it.

and if we kill a ton of innocent civilians, make an entire nation suffer PTSD, and potentially breed 1000s of more terrorist, that's cool too

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 11:44:51 AM »

and if we kill a ton of innocent civilians, make an entire nation suffer PTSD, and potentially breed 1000s of more terrorist, that's cool too

AN ENTIRE NATION OF MASKS?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »

I think all of Israel has PTSD from the constant barrage of Hammas/Iranian missiles. I saw an episode of International House Hunters in Israel and a big selling point was the awesome bomb shelter.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »
I think all of Israel has PTSD from the constant barrage of Hammas/Iranian missiles. I saw an episode of International House Hunters in Israel and a big selling point was the awesome bomb shelter.

I bet the insurance is outrageous.