Author Topic: We're still not out of it  (Read 20373 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: We're still not out of it
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 12:25:11 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a loss next week puts OU and Texas in the BCS and K-State in the Cotton Bowl.

we played in the cotton bowl last year dumbasses, we're going to the Alamo if we lose again

Jesus Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) UT or OSU will be playing in the Cotton Bowl, they don't pick bowls in order of finish in the big 12 and haven't for years.  You are being exceptionally dumb tonight, go to bed

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:03 AM »
yes, we are out of "it"
eff we will be doing good to win the conf. now.

hello cotton bowl...

protip, there is no scenario in which we will play in the cotton bowl, if you don't understand this you can have no lines in this play
umm....might want to check your math on that

uh yeah. Cotton Bowl is a major possibility now with another L

I think there will be a huge push by the Cotton bowl for a A&M Texas game

Do you really think the BCS bowls are going to pass on UT with their at large picks?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:35 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a loss next week puts OU and Texas in the BCS and K-State in the Cotton Bowl.

we played in the cotton bowl last year dumbasses, we're going to the Alamo if we lose again

Jesus Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) UT or OSU will be playing in the Cotton Bowl, they don't pick bowls in order of finish in the big 12 and haven't for years.  You are being exceptionally dumb tonight, go to bed
Lulz

good to see you back at your awful no facts posting ways
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 12:32:42 AM »
yes, we are out of "it"

hello cotton bowl...

protip, there is no scenario in which we will play in the cotton bowl, if you don't understand this you can have no lines in this play

Do you really think the BCS bowls are going to pass on UT with their at large picks?

theres so many SEC teams up top that if they're eligible the BCS will have no choice to take them, all I know is that we aren't going to the cotton bowl for a second straight season

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 12:33:32 AM »
yes, we are out of "it"

hello cotton bowl...

theres so many SEC teams up top that if they're eligible the BCS will have no choice to take them, all I know is that we aren't going to the cotton bowl for a second straight season

They are only allowed to take 2 SEC schools, and the Cotton Bowl is not taking OSU unless they beat OU in Norman.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 12:38:15 AM »
yes, we are out of "it"

hello cotton bowl...

They are only allowed to take 2 SEC schools, and the Cotton Bowl is not taking OSU unless they beat OU in Norman.

Why wouldn't they take OSU?  They would absolutely take OSU over a K-State team that lost two straight games and would be selected for a second straight year.  Who is most likely to go down there and buy those tickets, pretty rough ridin' easy answer.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 12:39:52 AM »
yes, we are out of "it"

hello cotton bowl...

Why wouldn't they take OSU?  They would absolutely take OSU over a K-State team that lost two straight games and would be selected for a second straight year.  Who is most likely to go down there and buy those tickets, pretty rough ridin' easy answer.

OSU would have 4 losses to K-State's 2. They would take K-State in a heart beat.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 12:45:06 AM »
yes, we are out of "it"

hello cotton bowl...

OSU would have 4 losses to K-State's 2. They would take K-State in a heart beat.
Shhhhhh don't use logic or facts when encountering MiR in his pseudo-intellectual I think I know what I'm talking about with vague generalizations and outlandish scenarios  posting mode. 

Keep in mind also the tuck talking points about K-State/DFW alum base.  I mean its not like Texas has a K-State licence plate because of that population or anything! 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 12:52:19 AM »
yes, we are out of "it"

hello cotton bowl...

Why do you think that would matter now when it hasn't happened before?  I asked you what fanbase would buy more tickets considering the circumstance and you talked about loss numbers like bowl reps give a crap.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 12:57:17 AM »
K-State fans could easily talk themselves into a top tier bowl (well 1B) if we were to go against a win-able team.  Its Dallas, its a huge K-State market, we still have a good season to finish out. 

Easy solution is to beat Texas and get a sombrero for the road trip.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 06:54:09 AM »
Honestly...who gives a eff...None of these other bowls mean Jack crap...we controlled our destiny and crap down our leg, doesn't matter if we win our bowl or not, just extra practice time to coach up a bunch of 2,3 stars and walk ins for another season of the same type crap..

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »
If Notre Dame and Florida both lose next week, then either Oregon or Kansas State could sneak back into the title game to face the SEC champion.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/11/18/3660588/bcs-standings-2012-week-13-alabama-georgia-notre-dame

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 07:44:48 AM »
If Notre Dame and Florida both lose next week, then either Oregon or Kansas State could sneak back into the title game to face the SEC champion.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/11/18/3660588/bcs-standings-2012-week-13-alabama-georgia-notre-dame

It would be Oregon

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »
After watching USC today, I don't think they can beat ND. Obviously, as we found out, the top teams aren't unbeatable. But two in the same day for the second week in a row would be asking a lot.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »

It would be Oregon

Is that because we've been ahead of them all along and are also projected to still be ahead of them?

Those are very winnable games for FSU and USC.  It's not out of the question.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 08:38:50 AM »
As long as Zimmerman is on those crutches we're out of it.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
We're still not out of it
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »
Those are very weird crutches btw.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 10:52:16 AM »
Those are very weird crutches btw.

Only weird crutches can hold up that much studweight.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »
FWIW, I could see the Sugar bowl picking us up with another loss. Doubtful,  but possible.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 12:41:57 PM »
FWIW, I could see the Sugar bowl picking us up with another loss. Doubtful,  but possible.

Don't want anything to do with the Sugar Bowl after those jackoffs took two garbage teams over us last season.  Hope they get stuck with the worst possible matchup.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2012, 12:44:41 PM »
What an incredibly depressing thread.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline bobby_runs

• :(
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 12:46:29 PM »
Don't know where this goes but will Bill wear a Baylor jacket now since there's still unfinished business.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 11:45:08 PM »
Don't know where this goes but will Bill wear a Baylor jacket now since there's still unfinished business.

Do they even make Baylor jackets?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »

It would be Oregon

Oregon's losing again.  Probably next week.

If we think our injuries are bad, theirs are way worse.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »
Carnes, I will ban you just for fun

I like this.