Author Topic: Not much to say...  (Read 7320 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Not much to say...
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 10:45:11 PM »
You take the good and the bad with LHC Bill Snyder. 

First off, it's awesome that we even get to have this kind of disappointment. 

But many of the things that help put K-State in these positions, are some of the things that create tightness, over thinking, and also exhaust football teams that don't have quality depth and super star talent outside of a couple of positions.   When you become everyone's super bowl, you need a deep well of awesome talent, otherwise you ultimately run of physical and mental gas.  Just my opinion.

But we've got a chance to win a conference title, and play in a BCS bowl.  The 2 weeks off probably comes at a great time, I hope Snyder gives these kids some well deserved rest.
Dax with some good levity
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »
Yeah, tonight I was getting flashbacks of the LHC Bill Snyder who lost the '96 Cotton Bowl due to panicking.

Weird stuff.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »
Bill shits his pants when under the pressure of success. He is the one that has to be the underdog. We got completely out of what we've been doing all season.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not much to say...
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »
You take the good and the bad with LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder. 

But many of the things that help put K-State in these positions, are some of the things that create tightness, over thinking, and also exhaust football teams that don't have quality depth and super star talent outside of a couple of positions.   When you become everyone's super bowl, you need a deep well of awesome talent, otherwise you ultimately run of physical and mental gas.  Just my opinion.

But we've got a chance to win a conference title, and play in a BCS bowl.  The 2 weeks off probably comes at a great time, I hope Snyder gives these kids some well deserved rest.

Good post dax.

catzacker

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »
This was the 3rd straight week of awful oline play.  Hit a wall or is there just enough film now that everyone knows us?

Overall, we looked tired, slow and beaten.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »
Defense was awful, but I can't believe the offense and completely abandoning the run. I don't even...

1st drive after halftime was just.... awful
how in the mother of eff can you pinpoint that particular drive?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 10:48:39 PM »
You know what...eff that.  There is no reason we shouldn't have been able to beat Baylor tonight.  We lose one player and totally melt down (TLBL played).  eff Tom Hayes.....for fucks sake.
@mikec2w

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »

Seriously. Before the first snap even. I got the bad feeling as soon as I saw our team...before they had even taken the field. The expressions on their faces...

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »
You take the good and the bad with LHC Bill Snyder. 

Snyder turtled up pretty good in the third quarter. I would say it's about 25 percent players, 25 percent sticking with the same defense all game because we were worried about getting burned deep (lol), 50 percent  :bill: doing Bill things in games like these.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 10:50:36 PM »
bill about to cry on espn right now.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BrotherDDay

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »
Yeah, tonight I was getting flashbacks of the LHC LHC Bill Snyder who lost the '96 Cotton Bowl due to panicking.

Weird stuff.

Exactly.  Make it way more complicated than required.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 10:51:01 PM »
You know what...eff that.  There is no reason we shouldn't have been able to beat Baylor tonight.  We lose one player and totally melt down (TLBL played).  eff Tom Hayes.....for fucks sake.

LHC Bill Snyder and Dana Dimel put 24 points on literally the worst defense in football and you say eff tom hayes, I think I may have seen it all.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »
Defense was awful, but I can't believe the offense and completely abandoning the run. I don't even...

1st drive after halftime was just.... awful
how in the mother of eff can you pinpoint that particular drive?

It stands out to me as the one where we panicked the most.  Run by Klein, 1st down.  Pass pass pass INT. 

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 10:51:25 PM »
The LHC Bill Snyder conundrum:  he emphasizes consistency but when things like this happen he gets all inconsistent.  What gives?

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2012, 10:52:41 PM »
This was the 3rd straight week of awful oline play.  Hit a wall or is there just enough film now that everyone knows us?

Dickey laid into the OLine this week, calling them lazy fuckers, etc (from an A source).  Didn't matter.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2012, 10:53:02 PM »
We've seen some marginal Ron Prince teams beat very talented Texas teams. This crap just happens. It just sickening it had to happen to us. The double reverse call got us out of schedule and the penalties.....man oh man.... :facepalm:
"He's in Shape !"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2012, 10:53:11 PM »
The LHC Bill Snyder conundrum:  he emphasizes consistency but when things like this happen he gets all inconsistent.  What gives?

that's a great point.

The double reverse to start a drive was weird, too.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »

LHC Bill Snyder and Dana Dimel put 24 points on literally the worst defense in football and you say eff tom hayes, I think I may have seen it all.

Hayes totally crap the bed with Zimm out.  You cant tell me that on player totally changes the scheme of the whole defense.  He entirely changed the scheme of the defense for one guy. 
@mikec2w

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »

that's a great point.

The double reverse to start a drive was weird, too.

Offensive playcalling was terrible. Offensive execution was terrible. Defensive execution was terrible. Failure to check out of defensive plays after Baylor adjusted was terrible. Pretty much, everyone associated with the team tonight gets an F-.

Offline BrotherDDay

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2012, 10:55:03 PM »
The LHC LHC Bill Snyder conundrum:  he emphasizes consistency but when things like this happen he gets all inconsistent.  What gives?

Dana Dimel special.  Hopefully, the pucker doesn't continue with a conference title still there for the taking.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »
I particularly enjoyed when we were down by four rough ridin' touchdowns at the start of the 4th and ran the longest drive possible.  ATTN: Bill, Dana and CK: you generally want to hurry up and snap the ball before the play clock gets down to single digits when you're trying to make up a 28-point deficit in the last quarter.

catzacker

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »

Dickey laid into the OLine this week, calling them lazy fuckers, etc (from an A source).  Didn't matter.

Welp, we are losing to texas then. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2012, 10:57:56 PM »
I am sorry, I just can't help but think who we may have missed on the recruiting trail that would have helped our depth, and helped our team get over the hump when they've got to go out and withstand injuries and withstand everybody deciding that they're going to play out of their minds for a change . . . because we were too conservative and wanted to watch some more film, or waited to offer, or were to caught up with "coaching the players we have". 

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »
What Baylor does is use the pass to keep the safety out of the box, then gash you with the run. We knew this but still keep the safeties out of the box and allowed our lb to pursue and get out of position instead of zoning them to death in the middle with lbs and safeties and running man on the outside. Defense sucked and bill and the offense puckered up....wow terrible game by us and great game by Baylor. Bill knows phills blitzing schemes and still looked completely unprepared for it

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »

LHC LHC Bill Snyder and Dana Dimel put 24 points on literally the worst defense in football and you say eff tom hayes, I think I may have seen it all.

Hayes totally crap the bed with Zimm out.  You cant tell me that on player totally changes the scheme of the whole defense.  He entirely changed the scheme of the defense for one guy. 

the worst defense in all of football, 24 points, and really the defense scored 7 of that.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best