Author Topic: Upset Sic'em  (Read 10063 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Upset Sic'em
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2012, 12:24:10 PM »
So the Baylor Bears....road game...at night..against a team that needs to win 2 of it's next 3 to be bowl eligible...we haven't won in Waco since 2002.

#2 Passing O in the country vs. KSU's #78 ranked passing defense.  This looks like the focus, however their rush offense is pretty good (#34 nationally - to give you an idea, Alabama's is ranked 30th).  They ran for 252yds against OU and they ran Florence more than they had all year with great success - I think they will continue to do so.  Couple that with Zims injury and we have an extremely vulnerable area.  They will try to stretch us across the field, probably more than OSU did and put some pressure on Fergie.  Although our scoring defense is good (#14 ), they are the #2 scoring offense in the country.  If Hayes tries to take Williams away through some bracketting, it will open up some areas not only in the pass but the run.

I won't try to pull out Baylor's defensive stats, but with sexton out, TBL in question, it really puts some pressure on some guys in our WR corp to make plays (I'm going to assume that Baylor will do what OSU and TCU have done and commit quite a few to the LOS to force the pass).  If you haven't noticed, our WR's have done a tremendous job of catching the ball.  If CK has put it on them, they catch it.  Now, insert a few guys (I'm looking at you Miller) who haven't had the reps...unsure hands...lead to missed conversions on third down...tipped balls...lead to interceptions. 

Finally, we looked tired, a step slow in the TCU game.  The OL has gotten whipped up front in both the OSU and TCU games.  I think even Bill hinted last week about us going at it for 3 straight months basically.  I'm concerned because we look like we're running out of gas and everyone is just throwing every possible punch they can think of at us.  At some point, the cracks become breaks.  Have to get through this game, somehow, someway and rest up.

Thoughts, concerns?  I haven't had a solid poop since the OU game.

Way to gif things up to the point...T-Y BP.  :lol:

Don't mention it... That's what I'm here for.

:gocho:
bears are fast...

Offline ECN

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »
Florence and his Machine is going to light up our secondary.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2012, 12:44:14 PM »
:thumbs:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2012, 09:43:01 AM »
Positive thinking stats of the day...

Good indications of defensive line (or defensive front 7 play) come from looking at tackles for loss and sacks.

OSU and TCU are near the top of the league in TFL at 6.60 and 6.56 per game respectively. Both also average 2+ sacks per game.

Baylor is 2nd to last in both, 4.44 TFL per game and 1.22 sacks per game. They've also given up a league high 23 rushing touchdowns (more than TCU and OSU combined).

Finally, Baylor's defensive 3rd down conversion rate is a league worst 60% and their redzone defense gives up a league worst 76% for just touchdowns. There are simply a lot more things to like about K-State's match-up with Baylor than any perceived advantages they may have against our dinged up defense.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:46:14 AM by ksu_FAN »

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »

Kim Carnes is that you!?!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2012, 10:12:23 AM »
A couple more pertaining to Baylor's success running the ball against OU.

Keep in mind OU doesn't have some sort of dominant run defense this year; they give up over 4 yards per carry (7th in the league) and are last in the league in TFL at only 4.22 per game.

K-State is 5th in TFL at 6.00 per game, 2nd in rush defense YPC at 3.25, and 1st in sacks at 2.6 per game.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »
A couple more pertaining to Baylor's success running the ball against OU.

Keep in mind OU doesn't have some sort of dominant run defense this year; they give up over 4 yards per carry (7th in the league) and are last in the league in TFL at only 4.22 per game.

K-State is 5th in TFL at 6.00 per game, 2nd in rush defense YPC at 3.25, and 1st in sacks at 2.6 per game.
These are great. My confidence is already super high and you are making it scary high.
Wasn't KSU last in sacks in 2010 and near the bottom last year as well?

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »
What is the proper Dr. Pepper drinking etiquette after we win to clinch?  Regular Dr. Pep, DDP, Flaming Dr. Pep... :dunno:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
We don't clinch anything after winning this game you rough ridin' idiots.  Unless you're into co-championships.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »
We don't clinch anything after winning this game you rough ridin' idiots.  Unless you're into co-championships.

keep sawing wood kim carnes.

:cool:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2012, 10:39:53 AM »

Blue balls achieved
RIP Fatty

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »

Yea Fiesta Bowl is nothing  :dunno:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2012, 10:58:50 AM »

Yea Fiesta Bowl is nothing  :dunno:

Correct. Fiesta Bowl is nothing.
:adios:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2012, 11:04:20 AM »

I actually agree with kc. eff co-champs. I WANT IT ALL  :curse:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »
well duh, guys

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »
Enjoying each little milestone we hit doesn't mean you have to be satisfied, but you should be happy  :cheers:

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2012, 11:10:09 AM »

pfft.  We get a trophy.  Trophies are forever.  Think little bro cares that one of their 8 mens' bb titles in a row was a tie with Texas when Texas won the head to head?

Of course, win both and it doesn't matter.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »

pfft.  We get a trophy.  Trophies are forever.  Think little bro cares that one of their 8 mens' bb titles in a row was a tie with Texas when Texas won the head to head?

Of course, win both and it doesn't matter.

You're right, little bro doesn't care. That's what makes them so rough ridin' stupid.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »
What is the proper Dr. Pepper drinking etiquette after we win to clinch?  Regular Dr. Pep, DDP, Flaming Dr. Pep... :dunno: