Author Topic: How much of your heart has been given to this team ?  (Read 5402 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How much of your heart has been given to this team ?
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
Is anyone not going all in?  It would suck to be the last sane person in the asylum.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »
All of it.  If the Cats lose, will probably lose it ala Micheal Douglass in Falling Down.
This.. Great analogy.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »
Holy crap, dobber jsut PM'ed me this!

:horrorsurprise: :sdeek: :horrorsurprise: :sdeek: :horrorsurprise: :sdeek:

:lynchmob: (but with no pinky)

I have absolutely NO DOUBT that this is dobber's actual hand. Fits perfectly with my mental image of him (except just a little too young).

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
I have absolutely NO DOUBT that this is dobber's actual hand. Fits perfectly with my mental image of him (except just a little too young).

SPOILER ALERT: Link

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »

SPOILER ALERT: Link

That is a manly ass hand to be on a woman...... Woof
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

Offline kcnut

• The CEO of the Brad Essex Report and cont. writer for red state I also hate oklahoma so very much.
  • Combo-Fan
  • hail to the king.
    • View Profile
    • The Brad Essex Report
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 05:23:07 PM »
I would kill the nebraska mascot on live tv for this team.
LHC Bill Snyder is as american as you can get.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
Which one Brad?  They have two, right?

Offline kcnut

• The CEO of the Brad Essex Report and cont. writer for red state I also hate oklahoma so very much.
  • Combo-Fan
  • hail to the king.
    • View Profile
    • The Brad Essex Report
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
both but lil red i would take out slowly to make the huskers kids cry.
LHC Bill Snyder is as american as you can get.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 12:39:24 AM »
Too much...I just healed up from St. Louis 3 years ago...I thought I would never love again.

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 06:50:32 AM »
3021  RIP

Offline Harry Doyle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 07:27:22 AM »
Guys, I watched the Proud of This House vid this morning and actually shed a tear. I would take a damn bullet for this team.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »
Guys, I watched the Proud of This House vid this morning and actually shed a tear. I would take a damn bullet for this team.

Like in the arm or the ass or something, right?  Not like in the face. 

Offline emawbin

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »

ALL IN  :lynchmob:  :ksu:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »

ALL IN  :lynchmob:  :ksu:

Your not all in unless you rip your own heart out. That's someone elses!!!!! :shakesfist:
RIP Fatty

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 09:49:08 AM »
If it doesn't happen this year...it probably never will...and we can just enjoy being a really good football program instead of having a chance to say we were the best in the USA.

I'm ok with that...Lots of other football programs have lived with that reality since the modern era of football.

Life went on after '98, but something was missing. It just didn't feel like things ended like they should have, being the better team but letting the hype get to our heads...including LHC LHC Bill Snyder's although he would never admit to that.

This version of Bill has the experience of being there before, whereas '98 was new territory being the hunted and in the national title discussion...and now Bill has a quarterback with the mental game as well as the physical tools to make it happen.

I'm ALL IN. THERE is no going back. Baylor's only hope is to chuck'n'duck and pray for a pass interference on every other down. It aint gonna happen. Their defense doens't have the gas. KSU 40 Baylor 24

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »
remember all those times people would ask "would you give your pinkie for a national championship?"

i would like to just be clear that now that we are in this position, i have realized that i definitely would NOT give a pinkie. carry on.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »
remember all those times people would ask "would you give your pinkie for a national championship?"

i would like to just be clear that now that we are in this position, i have realized that i definitely would NOT give a pinkie. carry on.

Tough to say.  I mean like if we're down 4 with less than a minute left, we had just scored and were kicking off, and someone said "emawblast, give your pinky and we'll recover an onside kick, and then march down and score on the last play of the game" I think you'd say yes.  At least I would.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 10:03:12 AM »
If it doesn't happen this year...it probably never will...and we can just enjoy being a really good football program instead of having a chance to say we were the best in the USA.

I'm ok with that...Lots of other football programs have lived with that reality since the modern era of football.

Life went on after '98, but something was missing. It just didn't feel like things ended like they should have, being the better team but letting the hype get to our heads...including LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder's although he would never admit to that.

This version of Bill has the experience of being there before, whereas '98 was new territory being the hunted and in the national title discussion...and now Bill has a quarterback with the mental game as well as the physical tools to make it happen.

I'm ALL IN. THERE is no going back. Baylor's only hope is to chuck'n'duck and pray for a pass interference on every other down. It aint gonna happen. Their defense doens't have the gas. KSU 40 Baylor 24

The key if it doesn't end how we all want is simply (to me) how it ends. The biggest part of 98 was how badly it all ended; starting with the debacle of losing the lead vs aTm, then the bowl free fall, then the loss to unranked Purdue. You can't get as high as we were and end worse, it was really about as awful as any team that was in a legitimate national title position in November has probably ended their season in the history of college football. Losing and not having a chance at a NC when its in your grasp is one thing, but 98 is a whole different category. I mean, even looking at OSU last year and their terrible loss, they still went on to win the league and then won the Fiesta Bowl. I'm sure it still sucks for them to look back at losing that ISU game, but they still had a historic season in the end, and we didn't get that in 98. I can't look back at 98 and consider it better than 4-5 other season because of how it ended, even though that was clearly our best team up until this season.

Right now the only thing that could come close to that would be losing to Baylor (or worse, Baylor and UT). I just think the chances of that happening are really low. However, if we beat Baylor but lose to UT, we are at worst in the Fiesta Bowl. Go there and win that game and it will feel a lot different (better) than 98. After a loss in 98 we really had no chance at redeeming the season, even beating Purdue wouldn't have meant much more, but this year I think we have that chance, so to me it just can't be as bad as 98 was.

Still, the memories of the end in 98 only makes me enjoy this season worse. I don't get much into KITN and I'm overly optimistic by nature, so I can't relate to being pessimistic and worrying a lot each game. I simply expect us to win each week and will be surprised if we lose. In between I just try to enjoy the benefits that this season brings on a daily basis whether it be KSUbben or an SI cover or whatever.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 10:04:09 AM »

Tough to say.  I mean like if we're down 4 with less than a minute left, we had just scored and were kicking off, and someone said "emawblast, give your pinky and we'll recover an onside kick, and then march down and score on the last play of the game" I think you'd say yes.  At least I would.

is the pinkie just magically and painlessly gone? or is it physically chopped off of my hand?

Offline Harry Doyle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 10:19:03 AM »

Like in the arm or the ass or something, right?  Not like in the face.

Yeah not in the face. I prolly couldn't watch the glory and majesty of K-State Cat football if that happened, or be able to see Collin's face when his name is called in NYC. So def not in the face.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »

is the pinkie just magically and painlessly gone? or is it physically chopped off of my hand?

Chopped off later, booze and local anesthesia given.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
 :embarrassed: i don't think i would

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »
I totally would.  I don't use my right pinkie that much to type or anything else.  I would probably bbs more like daris though on account of not being able to use the shift key on the right side of the keyboard.  price of being national champs i guess.
:adios:

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »

Life went on after '98, but something was missing. It just didn't feel like things ended like they should have, being the better team but letting the hype get to our heads...including LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder's although he would never admit to that.

The key if it doesn't end how we all want is simply (to me) how it ends. The biggest part of 98 was how badly it all ended; starting with the debacle of losing the lead vs aTm, then the bowl free fall, then the loss to unranked Purdue. You can't get as high as we were and end worse, it was really about as awful as any team that was in a legitimate national title position in November has probably ended their season in the history of college football. Losing and not having a chance at a NC when its in your grasp is one thing, but 98 is a whole different category. I mean, even looking at OSU last year and their terrible loss, they still went on to win the league and then won the Fiesta Bowl. I'm sure it still sucks for them to look back at losing that ISU game, but they still had a historic season in the end, and we didn't get that in 98. I can't look back at 98 and consider it better than 4-5 other season because of how it ended, even though that was clearly our best team up until this season.

Right now the only thing that could come close to that would be losing to Baylor (or worse, Baylor and UT). I just think the chances of that happening are really low. However, if we beat Baylor but lose to UT, we are at worst in the Fiesta Bowl. Go there and win that game and it will feel a lot different (better) than 98. After a loss in 98 we really had no chance at redeeming the season, even beating Purdue wouldn't have meant much more, but this year I think we have that chance, so to me it just can't be as bad as 98 was.

In addition to all of this, was the exodus of coaches to OU.  It really felt like not only did we lose out on the opportunity for an NC, a conference championship, and a prestigious bowl win, we also lost very important pieces in the process of getting any of that stuff back. 

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 12:58:03 PM »
98 was for all intents and purposes the very definition of a clusterfuck.