Author Topic: That John Denver Song / Marijuana Legalization Thread  (Read 1138 times)

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
That John Denver Song / Marijuana Legalization Thread
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:10:25 AM »
Not trying to be cute. I just can't bear to name this thread what it should be...

... And also we need to quit shitting on the MIR civil rights thread.

I like that we can stop filling our legal system here in Colorado, not to mention prisons, with some dude who got caught with 4 oz of weed. It's an unintended vote against the prison industrial complex and the prison lobby.

Plenty of other neat things about this progressive amendment... You could discuss them here.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:29:01 PM by SuperG »

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Re: That John Denver Song
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:26:42 AM »
We all won a little bit lastnight.  Colo is blazing a trail here and we all need to support them.    :dance:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »
This is the only reason I'd be in favor of loosing drug laws, there are way too many disadvantaged people in jail on drug possession charges.  The application of drug laws is an absolute joke with regards to the gross disparity.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 09:09:20 AM »
This is the only reason I'd be in favor of loosing drug laws, there are way too many disadvantaged people in jail on drug possession charges.  The application of drug laws is an absolute joke with regards to the gross disparity.

Marajawana should not be illegal, period. It was made illegal for stupid reason back in the 20's, many racially motivated as well as big tobacco and the rope lobby.

As for the other stuff, like Cocaine, Meth, and speed, position of usable amounts should not be illegal to the degree it is and should be treated like DUI and have ways open to help these people cope. The sellers should be thrown in jail and punished harshly.

RIP Fatty

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »
Eliminating the criminal element associated with marijuana is so huge.  Gateway drug got mentioned in the other thread, but it isn't the drug that is the gateway, it is the people connected to it. If you are buying weed at a dispensary, you don't have a dealer asking you if you want to try some ecstasy or coke.  Obviously some people are always going to experiment and try things, but I think this will reduce it significantly. 

Also, RE: thread title... I didn't understand it at first so I ignored the thread initially :dubious:  Country roads take me home...
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
Eliminating the criminal element associated with marijuana is so huge.  Gateway drug got mentioned in the other thread, but it isn't the drug that is the gateway, it is the people connected to it. If you are buying weed at a dispensary, you don't have a dealer asking you if you want to try some ecstasy or coke.  Obviously some people are always going to experiment and try things, but I think this will reduce it significantly. 

Also, RE: thread title... I didn't understand it at first so I ignored the thread initially :dubious:  Country roads take me home...

different song (Rocky Mountain High)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »

different song (Rocky Mountain High)

I know that now... thought this was a CoalAggie thread.
:adios:

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »

I'm afraid I was being too cute.