Author Topic: Sock Talk with Dlew12  (Read 9867 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sock Talk with Dlew12
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
Why aren't there goEMAW socks available for purchase somewhere?
not sure they'd have your size

:lol:

Man, bubbles had a pretty solid IRL MrsGoochClownFeet burn at the pak'r Saturday.

:cry:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2012, 08:39:54 AM »
ETHICS QUESTION:

So the stores only sell 3 packs of dress socks with 3 different pairs of socks. I would rather have 6 identical socks so it's easier to find matching pairs when necessary. Is it ethical to switch out socks between 3 packs so I end up with a 3 pack of matching socks?

yup, don't let the man keep you down.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2012, 08:43:51 AM »
I only wear no shows if I'm wearing shorts or something. I usually wear dress socks, and I work out in crew cuts.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »
ETHICS QUESTION:

So the stores only sell 3 packs of dress socks with 3 different pairs of socks. I would rather have 6 identical socks so it's easier to find matching pairs when necessary. Is it ethical to switch out socks between 3 packs so I end up with a 3 pack of matching socks?

Your problem is that you shouldn't want 6 identical socks.  Get the 3-pack with slight variations and wear them as pairs so that you don't end up with six socks in various states of wear and tear.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »
Why aren't there goEMAW socks available for purchase somewhere?
not sure they'd have your size

:lol:

Man, bubbles had a pretty solid IRL MrsGoochClownFeet burn at the pak'r Saturday.

:cry:

Sorry Mrs. Gooch, jokes made in fun between friends! :D
:adios:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »
ETHICS QUESTION:

Your problem is that you shouldn't want 6 identical socks.  Get the 3-pack with slight variations and wear them as pairs so that you don't end up with six socks in various states of wear and tear.

:embarrassed: I was worried that I might be the problem.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32:52 AM »
ETHICS QUESTION:

:embarrassed: I was worried that I might be the problem.

We can't all be prolly the most ethical person on this board.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »
IDK, puni... Seems to me that in that situation, you will end up with one pair of unmatched socks after about a month, with the other 4 socks having disappeared

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
IDK, puni... Seems to me that in that situation, you will end up with one pair of unmatched socks after about a month, with the other 4 socks having disappeared

Just make sure you stress to the maid how important it is that she keep track of and pair up all the socks. :dunno:

Offline Chico

• I used to be big here.
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2012, 02:05:48 AM »
I've been sporting these 100% cotton Dan Post socks around with my boots and I need to get a verdict.  As you can see on the diagram, there is elastic in several places (arch, mid, and calf) in order so that they stay up throughout the day.  They've worked wonders in that deparment.  However, the elastic works so well that it's a little tight and when I take them off I can clearly see indentations in my skin from the sock ribbing.  Should I be concerned about circulation and, if so, do you have any recommendations on other boot socks that balance comfort and stay-up-ability?  Thanks and I'll listen off the air.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2012, 02:15:52 AM »
maybe get a bigger pair of socks

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2012, 10:08:35 AM »
I had a pig aggie sock for the Arkansas thread.

Also, I generally wear black mid-length Nike socks (>90% of the time). And with boat shoes or loafers I generally wear textured or patterned dress socks with jeans or slacks (<10%)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
I've been sporting these 100% cotton Dan Post socks around with my boots and I need to get a verdict.  As you can see on the diagram, there is elastic in several places (arch, mid, and calf) in order so that they stay up throughout the day.  They've worked wonders in that deparment.  However, the elastic works so well that it's a little tight and when I take them off I can clearly see indentations in my skin from the sock ribbing.  Should I be concerned about circulation and, if so, do you have any recommendations on other boot socks that balance comfort and stay-up-ability?  Thanks and I'll listen off the air.

I wouldn't be concerned unless your legs are falling asleep or something.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
Just finished the work day in my brand spankin new hanes socks and I feel all  :dance:  Man who knew quality socks could make you feel so great?   Not this guy.   :facepalm:   

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
It is a great time of year for sock lovers.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »
Got some of these. They are great.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Sock Talk with Dlew12
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
weird

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »

Do your giant feet get your shoes smelly or something?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2012, 01:08:14 PM »
They are to wear with heels or flats so that you can still wear socks but they don't show.
They are one size fits all, but are actually a little too big for my feet.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »
They are to wear with heels or flats so that you can still wear socks but they don't show.

just a piece of advice, there's a girl i work with that wears these.  i can sometimes see her fake sock sticking out of her shoe and it's really weird to me.  why are you hiding your socks?  if you can't wear socks with your shoes then you need to address the shoe you're wearing, not come up with some pseudo-sock-socklet/not-sock thing. 

just be honest with us, with your feet, and with your shoes.  enough of the games, Mrs. Gooch.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »

just a piece of advice, there's a girl i work with that wears these.  i can sometimes see her fake sock sticking out of her shoe and it's really weird to me.  why are you hiding your socks?  if you can't wear socks with your shoes then you need to address the shoe you're wearing, not come up with some pseudo-sock-socklet/not-sock thing. 

just be honest with us, with your feet, and with your shoes.  enough of the games, Mrs. Gooch.
mrs. gooch, those socks look great.

here's the deal about these socks, clams. i have some no-show socks i wear with sperrys. because if i don't wear any socks with sperrys my sperrys start to smell bad. obviously my feet don't smell bad. it's an issue with sperrys in general, i like to think.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2012, 02:06:04 PM »
Any time I try to wear shoes with no socks, Gooch yells at me about how gross that is.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »
I get no show socks. I don't get no show socks that cover your calves. Does your lower leg get really cold without them or something?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »
I get no show socks. I don't get no show socks that cover your calves. Does your lower leg get really cold without them or something?
Yes, this way you can wear socks in the winter under your pants leg with shoes that you don't want the socks to show with.
Also those normal no show socks that only go on your foot have a tendency to fall down around the heel of my foot.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »
Yes, this way you can wear socks in the winter under your pants leg with shoes that you don't want the socks to show with.
Also those normal no show socks that only go on your foot have a tendency to fall down around the heel of my foot.

Work on your calves to tighten their grip