Author Topic: TCU game time?  (Read 13827 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: TCU game time?
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »
Fort Worth is my favorite Dallas suburb. I may have to eat lunch at Joe T. Garcia's.

Offline Chico

• I used to be big here.
  • Fan
    • View Profile
TCU game time?
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »
Fort Worth is my favorite Dallas suburb. I may have to eat lunch at Joe T. Garcia's.

Personally I'm a big fan of Lewisville and the Fighting Farmers.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »
used to have family in carrolton.  it was pretty bland.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
Sounds like you guys haven't ever been to Flower Mound.  :cool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
used to have family in carrolton.  it was pretty bland.

Can confirm. Family still in the area. Wish I never went to that wedding. I guess my hotel was okay.  :dunno:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
Tailgating as a visitor can be done but you need to get there early and find a spot in the field southwest of the stadium behind the tennis center and ballpark. Pretty festive visitor scene. Otherwise, get there a little early and get cozy with any of the tailgates in the lots behind the North Endzone. Even the Tech fans were made welcome.

Have bookie pimp start a thread on KF.c titled "bars and retaurants to visit for the game" and the entire board will shutdown as everyone tries to post their faves. 7th street is the general concensus for a Friday night if you want to see real talent. The Woodshed is a great pregame venue close to campus. Open air on the Trinity with some pretty dang good food and drinks. Google it. One of Tim Love's places.

Done.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=163118

This should be good.

:bill:
bears are fast...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
Tailgating as a visitor can be done but you need to get there early and find a spot in the field southwest of the stadium behind the tennis center and ballpark. Pretty festive visitor scene. Otherwise, get there a little early and get cozy with any of the tailgates in the lots behind the North Endzone. Even the Tech fans were made welcome.

Have bookie pimp start a thread on KF.c titled "bars and retaurants to visit for the game" and the entire board will shutdown as everyone tries to post their faves. 7th street is the general concensus for a Friday night if you want to see real talent. The Woodshed is a great pregame venue close to campus. Open air on the Trinity with some pretty dang good food and drinks. Google it. One of Tim Love's places.

Done.

This should be good.

Did you pay $20 to become a member there?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »
Downtown Ft. Worth hotels are a little scarce.  Got a reservation here, but we'll be cramped.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dfwdt-the-worthington-renaissance-fort-worth-hotel/

Sound decision :thumbs:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »

Done.

This should be good.

Did you pay $20 to become a member there?

No.  Just skip that page.... Sign up and start posting.

:thumbsup:
bears are fast...

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2012, 11:37:54 PM »

Kyle Clifton
    8,269 posts

Interests:Social Security, disability checks, and medicaid.

Posted Today, 09:45 PM
Whatever happened to that SteveDave d-bag and his comrades from that amatuer KSU board he ran?
:lol: but :shakesfist:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2012, 11:46:54 PM »
It continues:
BillupsFrog

Tracy Simien
    246 posts

Posted Today, 09:57 PM
All those d-bags are still there at goEMAW.com.  I was trying to sell some tickets there and was being genuinely complimentary of K-State and most of those choads were talking smack to me about TCU.

I hope we crush those punks!

#14 itsalizard

Sonny Gibbs
    Members
    PipPip
    688 posts

Posted Today, 10:00 PM

PhormerPhrog, on 05 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:
Whatever happened to that SteveDave d-bag and his comrades from that amatuer KSU board he ran?
It is goEMAW.com now lol. Apparently he was spawned on the Gopowercat doosh farm and then grew up and started goEMAW. I heard he is gay.

Who'd a thunk that Texans were homophobic?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2012, 01:02:58 AM »
It continues:
BillupsFrog

Tracy Simien
    246 posts

Posted Today, 09:57 PM
All those d-bags are still there at goEMAW.com.  I was trying to sell some tickets there and was being genuinely complimentary of K-State and most of those choads were talking smack to me about TCU.

I hope we crush those punks!

#14 itsalizard

Sonny Gibbs
    Members
    PipPip
    688 posts

Posted Today, 10:00 PM

PhormerPhrog, on 05 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:
It is goEMAW.com now lol. Apparently he was spawned on the Gopowercat doosh farm and then grew up and started goEMAW. I heard he is gay.

Who'd a thunk that Texans were homophobic?

The gay thing was the best part, so random.  I wish I could just randomly slip that in at the end of totally off topic conversations.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2012, 01:51:45 AM »
Downtown Ft. Worth hotels are a little scarce.  Got a reservation here, but we'll be cramped.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dfwdt-the-worthington-renaissance-fort-worth-hotel/

Sound decision :thumbs:

Got a 2nd adjoining room there.  GET OUT OF MY BED GCCPAkat!

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2012, 07:09:17 AM »
Ill be at the Holiday Inn purely because of free rooms from points.  Dilemma now is my buddy might not make the trip anymore and I'm already in TX for work so there's no way I am missing the game.  Still don't have a ticket (fanning?  :pray: ) or much of a plan.  Have some buddies that went to TCU whose tailgates I will hit up at least for a beer or 5. 

From cotton bowl experience Pete's Piano Bar in DTFW is pretty fun and if you don't hate country music and love fillys you can't skip Billy Bobs.  Also heard some place called Chimys is usually a good time Fridays from a TCU grad but I know nothing about it. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2012, 07:27:15 AM »
Posted Today, 07:20 AM

itsalizard, on 05 November 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

Awesome.  I remember he posted a pic of his supposed bikini model wife and she had a weeks worth of growth sticking out of the side of her bottoms.

:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2012, 07:42:46 AM »
Nothing gets someone from Ft Worth's panties in a wad faster than calling FW a suburb of Dallas.

I'm pretty sure the game is in Fort Worth.... No?

Plus, Ft. Worth is my favorite Dallas suburb, so I'm excited to learn about the bars and restaurants.
Go F yourself
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:51:44 AM by CFoD »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2012, 07:50:45 AM »
I'm fairly sure my buddy will have a few tickets to sell for whatever he paid for them from K-State.  Unfortunately, the guys I'm going with don't have the organization and sticktoitiveness that the goEMAW mod team has when we hunker down on a project, so I don't really have a grip on our numbers.  I think one guy bought six tickets, but maybe three are actually spoken for. 

I'd hardly let the lack of a ticket right now be a factor at all in whether to go.

I think we're getting picked up from DFW at 7:30, dumping stuff at the hotel and getting an elite steak dinner somewhere around 9 (all while I try to watch JO DOB in an empty fOOD using MIR's slingbox on my iPad) before pak'n out.  Pak'n Saturday at bars until whenever.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2012, 08:01:32 AM »
I think we're getting picked up from DFW at 7:30, dumping stuff at the hotel and getting an elite steak dinner somewhere around 9 (all while I try to watch JO DOB in an empty fOOD using MIR's slingbox on my iPad) before pak'n out.  Pak'n Saturday at bars until whenever.

Del Frisco or Reata?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »

Del Frisco or Reata?

:dunno: That's been delegated to the dallas guy.  Both were on his list to check for reservations.  What's best (4 dudes, drunk or getting there by the time we arrive)?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TCU game time?
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »
All right. If you're still looking for hotels, do this.

Go to priceline.com. Click the "Name Your Own Price, Save Up To 60%" link. When it gives you a map of greater Ft. Worth, click areas 5 and 12 (Stockyards and Downtown) and nothing else. Highlight the 3 1/2 star selection (highest one you can do). Put in your credit card info and bid the lowest possible rate a 3 1/2 star hotel in those areas will accept: $143. (Make sure this is what you want to do, because if your offer is accepted it will automatically charge your card. Make sure your other friends haven't also booked a hotel but not told you yet, make sure you're cool with potentially staying in either of those areas, etc.)

I did this and got the Worthington Renaissance Hotel for $173 total with tax. Apparently it's the nicest hotel in downtown Ft. Worth. Way cheaper than booking through any hotel's website. If you're looking for cheapish and nice but aren't too picky, this is the route to take.

If $173 total is still too much, well first of all, you're :kstategrad: . Act like it. Secondly, Priceline will also let you bid in other areas of the city, and also in the same areas but on cheaper, shittier hotels.

*EDIT* If you're leery about potentially having Priceline stick you in The Stockyards, just click the downtown area and don't click Stockyards when you bid. This may raise your price a bit, but who knows.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:21:45 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TCU game time?
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
Oh, and I had to call after booking to make sure I had the right bed setup for 4 people. I think it sometimes automatically assigns you a king, and the hotel won't automatically switch you since you booked through a third-party website, but if they're not totally booked it shouldn't be a big problem if you call.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2012, 09:14:40 AM »
I did the same literally 15 minutes ago skinnybenny, but as college students went a little cheaper. The low bid was $58 for the Courtyard by Marriott in north Ft. Worth.
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »
All right. If you're still looking for hotels, do this.

Go to priceline.com. Click the "Name Your Own Price, Save Up To 60%" link. When it gives you a map of greater Ft. Worth, click areas 5 and 12 (Stockyards and Downtown) and nothing else. Highlight the 3 1/2 star selection (highest one you can do). Put in your credit card info and bid the lowest possible rate a 3 1/2 star hotel in those areas will accept: $143. (Make sure this is what you want to do, because if your offer is accepted it will automatically charge your card. Make sure your other friends haven't also booked a hotel but not told you yet, make sure you're cool with potentially staying in either of those areas, etc.)

I did this and got the Worthington Renaissance Hotel for $173 total with tax. Apparently it's the nicest hotel in downtown Ft. Worth. Way cheaper than booking through any hotel's website. If you're looking for cheapish and nice but aren't too picky, this is the route to take.

If $173 total is still too much, well first of all, you're :kstategrad: . Act like it. Secondly, Priceline will also let you bid in other areas of the city, and also in the same areas but on cheaper, shittier hotels.

That's pretty good.  I think our rooms are going for about $250 total each.  Called last night to see if they could make them connecting so we can mod a suite out of them, they thought so.  Gonna call Thursday to confirm and if no go, we may get the $450 suite instead, but that would have one of us on a couch, short a bathroom and not have a buffer zone in case "entertainment" happens (usually a staple with these guys).

Our dallas bro confirmed it's exactly where he'd have told us to stay if he'd been checking his email when I was asking him where the eff we should stay.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2012, 09:16:51 AM »
Oh, and I had to call after booking to make sure I had the right bed setup for 4 people.

:sdeek:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TCU game time?
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »
What? I'm getting three hookers but need my ZZZs. Me in one, three in the other.