Author Topic: Who deserves a chance to play Kansas State in the National Championship?  (Read 834 times)

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
3 legitimate candidates in Alabama, Oregon, and Notre Dame. On the one hand, you should probably let the team with the best resume in, but on the other, you should probably pick a team that actually has a shot at beating KSU. That's where the problem arises. Is there a team that can beat our KSU Cats? I don't know. I was thinking about maybe... has there ever been a combination of teams put together to try and beat the top dog, clear-cut #1 team? Like maybe an All-Star team consisting of Alabama, Oregon, and Notre Dame players that could matchup against the KSU Cats and maybe compete? Again I don't know if this has ever happened. Throwing ideas out there.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I think an all star team might possibly have enough talent, but the team chemistry would be down so they would get wiped too. There really isn't a worthy opponent, imho, so just throw whatever meat ticket out to the wolves to get hammer spanked.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
You can remove ND from that list.  No team has ever been less deserving than them, so let's just put a stop to that trend right now.  I'd vote for Oregon, but since they chickened out and didn't want to play us this year, they aren't deserving either.  I'll go with 'bama as long as they stay undefeated.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I think it happened once in the thirties, not 100 percent sure tho.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
3 legitimate candidates in Alabama, Oregon, and Notre Dame. On the one hand, you should probably let the team with the best resume in, but on the other, you should probably pick a team that actually has a shot at beating KSU. That's where the problem arises. Is there a team that can beat our KSU Cats? I don't know. I was thinking about maybe... has there ever been a combination of teams put together to try and beat the top dog, clear-cut #1 team? Like maybe an All-Star team consisting of Alabama, Oregon, and Notre Dame players that could matchup against the KSU Cats and maybe compete? Again I don't know if this has ever happened. Throwing ideas out there.
A team comprised of Alabama's defense, Oregon's offense and Notre Dame's special teams.

Offline SeanSnyder4Prez

• Fan
    • View Profile
Hypothetical: would an all star team consisting of 12 Manti Te'o clones be able to stop Klein at the goal line? I'm about 50-50, leaning toward yes