Author Topic: What day do we clinch the Big 12?  (Read 4812 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: What day do we clinch the Big 12?
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »
Quote from: Musberger
All Klein has to do now is take a knee...and there you have it folks:  a second Big 12 championship for LHC Bill Snyder and the  Wildcats!  The dream season in the Little Apple continues and the number one team in the nation now just has to sit back and let the computers decide who they will play.   Will you just look at the smile on Collin Klein's face!  The Heisman favorite is running up to the stands to hug his wife (who I hear is expecting a little Wildcat!  I bet he gets a scholarship the day he is born don't you Kirk! HAW HAW!).  Let's send it back to the studios, we are headed to Aggieville and daddy needs some whiskey!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:06 AM »
Will they give us the Dr Pepper before or after the CTR gridiron contest is played?

I have it on good authority there is an elaborate trophy presentation planned for after the CTR if we win but only if we don't rush the field. When I was told this I told the Ops Personnel good luck the bitch is getting rushed.

I am rushing the field, even if I'm the only one. (my brother will but it will take him awhile to get down from section 400 or so.)

I know its getting rushed.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:21 AM »
Pretty sure if OU only has one loss, a loss to Texas would allow them to be a Pepper too.  Tie breaker would send us to BCS, but they would get a trophy and what not.

Yeah, we aren't losing, though, so those guys are SOL.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:49 AM »
Pretty sure if OU only has one loss, a loss to Texas would allow them to be a Pepper too.  Tie breaker would send us to BCS, but they would get a trophy and what not.

Yeah, we aren't losing, though, so those guys are SOL.

Agreed, but it means we can't clinch a sole Dr. Pepper until after the UT game (unless OU loses).

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »
If an announcement is made during the Texas game that there is going to be a Big 12 trophy ceremony after the game, I'm not going to rush the field.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:04 AM »
Is this happening?

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
3021  RIP

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »
I mean seriously, what kind of selfish bad person would deny Arthur and Collin the opportunity to hoist the Dr. Pepper in front of a packed house and the entire EMAW nation at home just so they can say they "totally rushed the field after beating Texas"?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »
I mean seriously, what kind of selfish bad person would deny Arthur and Collin the opportunity to hoist the Dr. Pepper in front of a packed house and the entire EMAW nation at home just so they can say they "totally rushed the field after beating Texas"?

I am on this boat as stated in the thread "Texas" but too many idiots would rush the field regardless.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 09:18:22 AM »
pro-tip:
you can rush the field and still let them set up a stage

I mean my God if you can't rush the field after finished an undefeated season with the Heisman trophy winner at QB when you were predicted to finish below .500 in the league when can you?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »
pro-tip:

I mean my God if you can't rush the field after finished an undefeated season with the Heisman trophy winner at QB when you were predicted to finish below .500 in the league when can you?

They aren't going to set up the stage if the crowd rushes the field due to safety concerns. You would be completely denying our players their moment by rushing the field.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 09:24:29 AM »
why do we need a stage? why not just have the players sprint over and grab the trophy and party and parade it around the edge of the stands and high five and party?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 09:24:39 AM »
All Klein has to do now is take a knee...and there you have it folks:  a second Big 12 championship for LHC Bill Snyder and the  Wildcats!  The dream season in the Little Apple continues and the number one team in the nation now just has to sit back and let the computers decide who they will play.   Will you just look at the smile on Collin Klein's face!  The Heisman favorite is running up to the stands to hug his wife (who I hear is expecting a little Wildcat!  I bet he gets a scholarship the day he is born don't you Kirk! HAW HAW!).  Let's send it back to the studios, we are headed to Aggieville and daddy needs some whiskey!
A.) LoL at Klein still being in at the end of the game
B.) LoL at us taking a knee

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
A.) LoL at Klein still being in at the end of the game
B.) LoL at us taking a knee
C.) LoL at your dumbface you weenie

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
pro-tip:

They aren't going to set up the stage if the crowd rushes the field due to safety concerns. You would be completely denying our players their moment by rushing the field.

This

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
assuming OU wins out....

we would clinch with a win at Baylor.

which would make the Texas game for the MNC instead of the Big XII title....rather than for both.

And what if Bama (unlikely) and Oregon (possible?) pee down their legs this weekend? What if December 1st is just a 3 and a half hour coronation? 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
What day do we clinch the Big 12?
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
why do we need a stage? why not just have the players sprint over and grab the trophy and party and parade it around the edge of the stands and high five and party?

On Harleys
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »

Animal/Currie wants his time to grab the mic, talk to everyone, blahblahblah.

I am sure Arthur/Colin and HSC would be just fine grabbing the trophy and partying.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »
Normally I am down for storming whenever, wherever. I still am. But I guess a ceremony would be nice too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:27:53 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
Please rename thread to, "What day does SB take a 12-pack of Dr. Pep straight to the dome?"
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 01:15:18 PM »
Let them set up the stage, or get the team out there or whatever, and as soon as they bring out the trophy, rush the field.

Schemed.