Author Topic: Manti Te'o........WTF??  (Read 88448 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:57 PM »
Quote from: Liar
Manti Te'o's statement:

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »
LOL: http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42995

Deadspin story was posted at 4:10pm today

The last comment in that thread was 9:39pm last night

Woah.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »
Quote from: Liar
Manti Te'o's statement:

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft.

This might as well read:

Manti Teo thinks the entire world is an even bigger dumbass than he is.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2013, 06:51:32 PM »
There are numerous statements from him that they met in person a few times. Now it's "We only ever talked online"

What a dumbass.

Offline emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »
Sources also say Collin Klein gave wife Shalin a peck on the lips after the rehearsal dinner.

Offline KazzuKhatz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »
The Te'o story today was definitely one of the more enjoyable days on twitter for me. Top 5 all time off the top of my head

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2013, 07:00:24 PM »
From the phog:

ibleedcrimsonandblue 
All Conference
Rating: 3.7/5 this site
9253 posts this site
 Posted: Today 5:40 PM

RE: Manti Te'o - Catfish victim or a fraud?  (3 votes)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BenJ1133 wrote: I think he's gay.

Playing for the highest profile conservative catholic school in the nation and being their star player among that. He probably made up the girlfriend to throw people off his personal life.

I don't know, just my theory, I just can't imagine anyone making a fake dead girlfriend purely for publicity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Might explain why he's so good at going after tight ends...

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
The Te'o story today was definitely one of the more enjoyable days on twitter for me. Top 5 all time off the top of my head

I thoroughly enjoyed twitter today as well. No work was done after I saw the deadspin article

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »
That and Chip Kelly....great day.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed twitter today as well. No work was done after I saw the deadspin article

Definitely brought my workday to a screeching halt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline KazzuKhatz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »
ND press conference live on ESPN News right now.

Offline KazzuKhatz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »
Swarbrick is referencing CATFISH the TV show. Must watch TV

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2013, 07:20:02 PM »
college football is the greatest thing

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline KazzuKhatz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »
Swarbrick is referencing CATFISH the TV show. Must watch TV

LINK?!? ESPN in NOLA is showing some dumb NBA game. WTF.

EspnNEWS not ESPN. Idk about any online links

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2013, 07:24:48 PM »
This is just fantastic
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »
Missed that post. Just drove home super fast from work and a friend told me it was on ESPN. :embarrassed:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2013, 07:35:08 PM »
Notre Dame's position on this is that a group of people spent the last three or four years creating a fake online/phone identity to scam a football player no one outside of South Bend had heard about until last fall. Sounds legit.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2013, 07:37:48 PM »
Teo's work here makes goEMAW and Arkansas fans look like amateur hour. Teo is definitely BITB at this, now fooling his own school.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
I just want to say I'm greatly enjoying this.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2013, 07:41:09 PM »
Notre Dame's position on this is that a group of people spent the last three or four years creating a fake online/phone identity to scam a football player no one outside of South Bend had heard about until last fall. Sounds legit.

Yep. The press conference from the very beginning was a giant charade of hoaxes and victims. I'm now firmly in the camp that this d00d knew, at least for a long time.

Also...LOL @ the whole "Totally, we learned about this on December 26th and we were gonna come out with it and tell the media all about it, but totally we just wanted to let the private investigators run through everything first. Oh and we suspect these guys were just trying to extort him."

WUT.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
overblown story, actually boring.   Internet scam, Manti fell for it.  That's the only WOW is see.  But the haters are out in full force.    Face it people, ND IS the story in college football.  I thought the beating they took in the NCG would effect that fact, but apparently ND is still ND, the most important team in college football.  The vistors here only prove my point.

It's just so amazing to be able to have the internet in all of this. God bless the information superhighway.

The internet is simultaneously the cause of this story and the way we can all revel in it!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
This gets better with every passing hour.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
Mormons are dorks

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2013, 07:46:21 PM »
college football is the greatest thing

provides a matchless narrative.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »
It's hard not to believe his story...

Because he looks like a respect who might fall for that kind of crap.  Either way ND needs to step up the jersey chasers.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb