Author Topic: overall daily routine thoughts/suggestions thread  (Read 4661 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: overall daily routine thoughts/suggestions thread
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 10:36:47 PM »
i heat up a bowl of soup everyday, with a side of some sunchips. It's not for everyone though.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 11:07:10 PM »
All natural PB on whole wheat bread with no jelly.  Quick and easy meal if you're trying to put on muscle. If you're just trying to lose weight maybe a glass of water and some rough ridin' wheat thins?  :dunno:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: overall daily routine thoughts/suggestions thread
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 11:13:46 PM »
If you're just trying to lose weight maybe a glass of water and some rough ridin' wheat thins?  :dunno:
i'm a little drunk but this made me chuckle. :thumbs:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 11:41:16 AM »
make your own god damn soup.  I make my own veal chili for lunches because I'm :kstategrad: and canned soup has too much sodium.
frozen indian food from trader joe isn't horrible either

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »
I keep a desk drawer stocked with granola, oatmeal, raisins, almonds, and sometimes other dried fruit.  In the company freezer I keep a few frozen meals and frozen veggies.  Grap a yogurt, apple, and maybe a sandwich on the way out of the house.  Also keep a bowl, fork, spoon, and measuring cup in the drawer.

For breakfast I have the yougurt with granola.  Oatmeal with raisins are option two if I forget the yogurt or want a change of pace.  For lunch I have the sandwich, apple, and veggies.  The frozen meals are a backup if I don't get a sandwich made and am in a hurry in the morning.  Almonds and dried fruit are there if I need an afternoon snack.  Now that I have reached my target weight and need to add calories, I sometime have M&Ms around to mix in.   I have enough calorie room left after this to eat a pretty big dinner and if I make it to the Y during the day I can eat practically anything I want. 

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »
you people eat people eat some nasty crap.  what is wrong with you?

What does sys eat?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
Lean pockets are the real deal, my friend.  Pretzel bread chicken and jalepeno are incredible.  Just give it a shot.  I think you'll really like it.

Also, stay the hell away from PBJ, unless you bring all the ingredients to work and make it separately (huge waste of time).  I love PBJ, maybe my favorite food.  BUT, if you premake them, even that mornng, get ready to have a soggy, gross PBJ. 

Are you storing these properly?  Store with the PB on the bottom to help protect bread integrity.  Still not perfect, but if you're doing it the other way this could pay huge dividends.
In my experience, if J is touching ANY bread, for ANY length of time, that bread is toast*.

*actually the opposite of toast, but you get the picture.

How about a thinner layer of PB on both sides?
Now you may be on to something.

My grandma used to put butter on both slices of bread to keep them from getting soggy.  Like all of her sandwiches.  A couple times she made lunch for me to take to school (for whatever reason) and they were always the worst lunches ever.  I rough ridin' hate bologne you crazy old lady, what makes you think I would like a bologne sandwich with butter?!  So glad that bitch is dead.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2012, 10:30:34 PM »
Tries too hard to be edgy.