Author Topic: Tech-nicality  (Read 13051 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Tech-nicality
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2012, 11:31:38 PM »
OSU scares me the most. They aren't that great because they are incredibly inconsistent, but if they put together a nice game against us, they are going to be tough to beat.

depending on Lundt's status, they'll be playing with their 3rd string qb (and friend of OK_Cat).  He's a chode, we win easily.

Talking about Chelf, right?

yep.  word is that lundt isn't anywhere near where he needs to be health-wise, but Gundy might pull the trigger regardless.  but if not, clint is their starter.  good dude, but not a great qb.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2012, 11:34:35 PM »
OSU scares me the most. They aren't that great because they are incredibly inconsistent, but if they put together a nice game against us, they are going to be tough to beat.

depending on Lundt's status, they'll be playing with their 3rd string qb (and friend of OK_Cat).  He's a chode, we win easily.

yep.  word is that lundt isn't anywhere near where he needs to be health-wise, but Gundy might pull the trigger regardless.  but if not, clint is their starter.  good dude, but not a great qb.

It would really hurt the image of our program to have to play against a coach who blatantly disregards the health and well-being of his players because of his win at all costs attitude

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2012, 06:17:45 AM »
Quote from: Doege
"We're playing at a high level right now, and we have an opportunity to continue that and be very successful and kind of shock the world a little bit."

I almost keep forgetting that we are everyones superbowl every single week.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2012, 08:56:19 AM »

It would really hurt the image of our program to have to play against a coach who blatantly disregards the health and well-being of his players because of his win at all costs attitude

walsh played 3 quarters with a broken leg last saturday.   :horrorsurprise:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2012, 08:56:49 AM »
hmmmmm

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5556.0

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5789.0

Yep, that's where the jokes started from.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to find that, I guess?

No problem. It really didn't take that long to go to the combo-fanning board and type "juggalo" in the search box.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
I think there should be a thread dedicated to what we're going to do to their faces.  I'm enjoying this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C8toZgypLrA#t=192s

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »
I think there should be a thread dedicated to what we're going to do to their faces.  I'm enjoying this.

Their coach was a naked gym person. :surprised:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:53 AM »

Fact:  12 year old _33 had an extremely up close view of that play. Was standing at the railing at the bottom of the steps in between section 13 and 14.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2012, 10:56:36 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »
I love the TT band because they make every song sounds like it belongs in a western movie.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »

God those are terrible, especially the first one.

:barf:
:dance:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »

I got half way through that and suddenly realized it wasn't a Chevy truck commercial.

catzacker

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »
Speaking of things that concern you about Tech’s offense, I’m worried about their shotgun, RB offset, w/ four WR sets (3WR to one side, 1 WR to another).  This usually pulls AB away from the LOS and leaves a gaping hole for the RB.  All the guard and center have to do is handle the DT and it’s wide open, our ends are usually up the field.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
Speaking of things that concern you about Tech’s offense, I’m worried about their shotgun, RB offset, w/ four WR sets (3WR to one side, 1 WR to another).  This usually pulls AB away from the LOS and leaves a gaping hole for the RB.  All the guard and center have to do is handle the DT and it’s wide open, our ends are usually up the field.

Valid concern, but I think we'll be prepared for the run.

First, Tech is a pretty balanced team, running the ball 43% of the time (WVU was the same) and we tend to adjust well. We will be ready to stop their run game. With spread teams and 4 wide sets you are going to have gaps on the snap, but if defenders read their keys well you generally can get people to the football. Plus, while balanced, Tech still is going to throw it more than they run it; I highly doubt they'd be willing to sustain an entire drive from the formation you suggest and just run the ball. They simply don't do that. Plus, we've made some adjustments in coverage to keep AB closer to the box, like moving TZ out on the #2 receiver in a trips formation.

Second, we adjust well. Tech's a solid running team at 4.7 YPC, but WVU was as well at 4.6. WVU had a 13 yard run on their first carry, but then didn't get another run more than 3 yards until they were behind 45-7. They finished the game at 3.3 YPC. OU has the best YPC in the league at 5.9 and we held them to 3.4 and their best rush was 13 yards. We haven't allowed an opponent more than 3.6 YPC for the game all season. Plus in 3 of their 4 Big 12 games Tech hasn't even reached 3.0 YPC.

We'll have to contain it, but I'm not fearful of Tech's running game. Getting them off rhythm with their quick passing game will be the key on defense and hopefully forcing 2-3 TOs.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
What about Tubby being 6-2 against top 5 teams? :ohno:

catzacker

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »

Valid concern, but I think we'll be prepared for the run.

First, Tech is a pretty balanced team, running the ball 43% of the time (WVU was the same) and we tend to adjust well. We will be ready to stop their run game. With spread teams and 4 wide sets you are going to have gaps on the snap, but if defenders read their keys well you generally can get people to the football. Plus, while balanced, Tech still is going to throw it more than they run it; I highly doubt they'd be willing to sustain an entire drive from the formation you suggest and just run the ball. They simply don't do that. Plus, we've made some adjustments in coverage to keep AB closer to the box, like moving TZ out on the #2 receiver in a trips formation.Second, we adjust well. Tech's a solid running team at 4.7 YPC, but WVU was as well at 4.6. WVU had a 13 yard run on their first carry, but then didn't get another run more than 3 yards until they were behind 45-7. They finished the game at 3.3 YPC. OU has the best YPC in the league at 5.9 and we held them to 3.4 and their best rush was 13 yards. We haven't allowed an opponent more than 3.6 YPC for the game all season. Plus in 3 of their 4 Big 12 games Tech hasn't even reached 3.0 YPC.

We'll have to contain it, but I'm not fearful of Tech's running game. Getting them off rhythm with their quick passing game will be the key on defense and hopefully forcing 2-3 TOs.

i've noticed that as well in the wvu game.  what coverage are we in when ty lines up like that?  Is it like cover 3 or somethng?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »
Techs run game got absolutely stonewalled against TCU outside of one 47 yard TD run.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Tech-nicality
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »
Good grief.  Now, I am worried that TCU is our toughest game left.  Ugh.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Tech is the best team, but TCU is probably the toughest game.

No way. I'll be at the TCU game. The Cats haven't lost a game I was in attendance since 1988.

Why don't you attend more games then? You selfish bitch.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »
i've noticed that as well in the wvu game.  what coverage are we in when ty lines up like that?  Is it like cover 3 or somethng?

Most the time in man I think, but I'll have to go back and look. I'd guess we'll see it some against Tech. I think Tech has a better scheme in the passing game, but WVU had more dangerous receivers.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 12:22:58 PM »
Hopefully jace amaro doesn't play

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »

Most the time in man I think, but I'll have to go back and look. I'd guess we'll see it some against Tech. I think Tech has a better scheme in the passing game, but WVU had more dangerous receivers.
i saw it also.........it's man, with 1 safety covering the middle of the field.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
Anyone with insider sources at Tech feel free to post whether or not Amaro will be able to play this weekend.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
this seems to bode well for us

emaw

catzacker

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2012, 04:14:54 PM »
OU seems to do more defensively than we do.  Which was surprising because they didn’t do much against us (in terms of blitzing).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »
bad things happen when we try to do things on defense. (see: ISU)