Author Topic: Liars (ticket thread that may or may not be a Frank thread)  (Read 18854 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Liars (ticket thread that may or may not be a Frank thread)
« on: October 22, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/101812aaa.html

Not surprisingly the talk of the season ticket sales being "about the same if not better than last year" was a complete lie.  We haven't had conference mini-packs for sale since the Huggins season and those were made available right away not in October when season ticket sales are obviously lagging.  Pretty obvious that we won't have a season sell out this year.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Liars (ticket thread that may or may not be a Frank thread)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
wonder how much is to do with oscar and how much is to do with being elite at football.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:36:21 AM »
Well last season we were also elite at football after the 7th game but there were no mini-packs and a KU basketball ticket cost half the price of this damn pack, now its pro rated to $25.

Also there were little expectations, regionally and nationally of last year's squad after losing Pullen & Kelly yet we still managed to sell tickets.  This is the greatest sign of oscar backlash, it cannot be denied.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »
Didn't renew my seasons.

I am getting texts and emails every other day and calls from the ticket dept weekly.  It's like I just dumped a needy chick.  I plan on going to several games, but not all of them.  But, yeah, it's been pretty obvs for a while.  Still though, I ask how the sales are, and they say stronger than last season.

Currie still trying to convince.  Maybe he can lie his way through the first season, then blame the second season on oscar  :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:51:15 AM »
I should've negotiated a cheaper price.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »
Pretty sorry deal to see so many people are bandwagon fans who consider a coach to be bigger than the program and/or the University.

Sad

Dear Rodney, Angel, Jo etc. etc:

Sorry, but we weren't really there to see you guys, we were there to see a coach.

Warmest Regards:

Bandwagon Frank Martin fans

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 11:21:55 AM »
currie is a money guy, this was all part of the plan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
Pretty sure it has been proven recently in both BB and FB that a coach matters more than a program at KSU. 

Say what you want, but I am not paying and traveling for a shitty product.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 11:25:23 AM »
Dax!  :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:26:09 AM »
Pretty sure it has been proven recently in both BB and FB that a coach matters more than a program at KSU. 

K-State gives coaches the opportunity to be who they are.   If K-State hadn't promised LHC Bill Snyder everything he wanted and total control than we aren't f_cking talking about LHC Bill Snyder.

If K-State hadn't bailed Huggins out of coaching no man's land, and then given Frank Martin a chance to take over for him, we aren't even talking about those guys.   

Stupid, shitty argument CNS. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 11:27:10 AM »
Frankites:  Oh yeah, we love K-State.

LIARS

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »
1-800-221-CATS phone line is busy right now.

I'm gonna see if I can take advantage of this Weber situation so I can be pak'n it up with my bros '909 and Wabash once the Pearl era starts.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 11:29:03 AM »

LIARS

Am I a Frankite if I've spent nearly $1000 on hoops tickets for this upcoming season thus far?

EDIT: Maybe closer to $1300 if you factor in required donations.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »

LIARS

Am I a Frankite if I've spent nearly $1000 on hoops tickets for this upcoming season thus far?

Depends.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »

K-State gives coaches the opportunity to be who they are.   If K-State hadn't promised LHC Bill Snyder everything he wanted and total control than we aren't f_cking talking about LHC Bill Snyder.

If K-State hadn't bailed Huggins out of coaching no man's land, and then given Frank Martin a chance to take over for him, we aren't even talking about those guys.   

You can't argue against it without looking away from KSU given what happened in BB until the Huggs/Frank year and what happened with our FB immediately upon Bill leaving/Bill returning.    KSU is the perfect example that coaches are more important than anything uni related.

Will be proven out even more in the next few years given oscar is about to oscar and Bill won't be here forever. 

Look out for a thread bump in 2015-2017

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 11:35:19 AM »

LIARS

Depends.

:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »
More stupidity from CNS.   I am not defending Weber and the school has to make the hires, and give the coaches the control.

If Steve Miller, the Weefer, Krause don't promise Snyder unrivaled support and control in 1989 he doesn't even answer the phone when K-State calls back the 2nd time.   

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »

K-State gives coaches the opportunity to be who they are.   If K-State hadn't promised LHC LHC Bill Snyder everything he wanted and total control than we aren't f_cking talking about LHC LHC Bill Snyder.

You can't argue against it without looking away from KSU given what happened in BB until the Huggs/Frank year and what happened with our FB immediately upon Bill leaving/Bill returning.    KSU is the perfect example that coaches are more important than anything uni related.

Will be proven out even more in the next few years given oscar is about to oscar and Bill won't be here forever. 

So you're saying that you aren't a fan of KSU unless they're good. You don't think KSU basketball will be good this year, so you're just not going to be a fan this year. You don't care about the university.

This... is stupid. Winning is so much more satisfying when you love K-State and they win instead of loving K-State when they win.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 11:53:46 AM »
Amazing info here.  Apparently our Ron Prince, Tom Asbury, and Jim Wooldridge problems were all due to them not having enough control at KSU.

Pfft

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 11:55:35 AM »
k-state's love ain't free

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 11:56:54 AM »

K-State gives coaches the opportunity to be who they are.   If K-State hadn't promised LHC LHC Bill Snyder everything he wanted and total control than we aren't f_cking talking about LHC LHC Bill Snyder.

So you're saying that you aren't a fan of KSU unless they're good. You don't think KSU basketball will be good this year, so you're just not going to be a fan this year. You don't care about the university.

This... is stupid. Winning is so much more satisfying when you love K-State and they win instead of loving K-State when they win.

This got very GPC'ish very quickly.

I can still watch on TV without having to leave work early once a week to drive to Manhattan and spend $1200+ for tickets.  Support isn't an attendance or nothing issue. 

Also, this is a two way street.  If you treat it like anything else, what reason does Currie have to try and get a winner in the coaching seat when he can get a Webber?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »

K-State gives coaches the opportunity to be who they are.   If K-State hadn't promised LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder everything he wanted and total control than we aren't f_cking talking about LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder.

i think kstate will be really good this year and i didn't renew. it was a crap hire done in a crap way. i didn't like it, didn't agree with it and won't be bullied into financially supporting it. love my cats bball though. will watch on tv!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 12:05:34 PM »
what reason does Currie have to try and get a winner in the coaching seat when he can get a Webber?

Good point.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 12:06:37 PM »

you sound like a ku fan

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
This got very GPC'ish very quickly.

I can still watch on TV without having to leave work early once a week to drive to Manhattan and spend $1200+ for tickets.  Support isn't an attendance or nothing issue. 

Also, this is a two way street.  If you treat it like anything else, what reason does Currie have to try and get a winner in the coaching seat when he can get a Webber?

The way I was reading it, you basically weren't going to support the cats unless they are winning. My bad. I can understand not wanting to leave work early and not wanting to spend that much money. Luckily, I don't have the leave work early problem. Hope you still make it to some games.

Currie wants to hire a winner because he wants K-State to win? Just like everybody else wants? I don't see your point...
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.