Author Topic: PISS POUNDING WVU, Game Articles/Pictures master thread - Luking Allowed!!!!  (Read 22774 times)

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: WVU photo gems
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 12:19:21 PM »

:dubious:

:lol:

I hope whoever he goes against next election tries to run an attack ad on him associating him with goEMAW vitriol this past week.

my uncle (who works at Capital) says browny has said several times he is glad :bill:did not do what the dems wanted and run for gov

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile

Thank you, Sports Illustrated.  Thank you.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Arthur really trashed Geno on that one play.

:emawkid:

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Arthur really trashed Geno on that one play.

:emawkid:

amazing since the phogits say arthur hates contact

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Take the Sam Brownback crap to the Pit.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
K-State still perfect after 55-14 win at West Virginia
By KELLIS ROBINETT
The Kansas City Star

MORGANTOWN, W. Va. -- The only thing missing was a paintbrush.

As college football fans tuned in Saturday night expecting to see one of the most entertaining games of the day, they ended up watching a Kansas State masterpiece.

The No. 4 Wildcats were nearly flawless at Puskar Stadium, convincingly defeating No. 17 West Virginia 55-14 in front of 60,101 fans and curious Heisman Trophy voters.

It was another statement victory for K-State, which improved to 7-0 overall and 4-0 in the Big 12. With road wins over the Mountaineers, who fell to 5-2 and 2-2, and No. 10 Oklahoma, the Wildcats have a stranglehold on the race for a Big 12 championship.

And possibly much, much more.

Saturday might go down as the program’s most significant night in recent memory. Things went perfectly, with K-State proving itself as a serious national championship contender and quarterback Collin Klein establishing himself as the Heisman frontrunner.

Many believed he trailed West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith for the award coming into Saturday. But while Smith was unable to produce his usual gaudy stats against K-State’s defense, Klein put up huge numbers.

He outplayed Smith in every way. Not only was Klein mistake-free, he delivered highlight after highlight on his way to 323 passing yards, 41 rushing and seven total touchdowns.

“I started calling him John during the game,” senior receiver Chris Harper said. “He was John Elway.”

With West Virginia’s defense concentrating on K-State’s running game, practically daring Klein to throw the ball, he showed off his arm and completed 19 of 21 pass attempts.

He was at his best in the first half, hitting freshman Tyler Lockett for big gains across the middle and delivering a perfectly-thrown fade pass to him in the corner of the end zone. But Klein was impressive after the break, too.

“I’m just a man on a great team that is playing extremely hard,” he said.

Lockett and Harper both had their best games. Lockett caught eight passes for 198 yards and two touchdowns. Harper grabbed six for 95 yards and a score.

“I’ve got to be honest,” Harper said, “everything was working. There wasn’t anything that we weren’t doing out there.”

That’s not much of an exaggeration. The Wildcats scored every time they had a possession before coach LHC Bill Snyder used backups early in the fourth quarter. Few could imagine either side showing mercy before the game, but K-State made things look easy and West Virginia look bad.

“Collin is a really great guy, and he played a heck of a game,” West Virginia’s Smith said. “Hats off to him and Kansas State. They kicked our butts.”

The Mountaineers have now lost back-to-back blowouts. K-State’s defense made sure they never put up a fight.

“Collectively, defensively we played extremely well,” Snyder said.

West Virginia had to work for every yard, with Smith throwing for 143 yards and its offense failing to score a touchdown until the fourth quarter. The Mountaineers’ only other score was a 100-yard kickoff return from Tavon Austin in the second quarter after K-State led 24-0.

The Wildcats were so dominant on defense that they intercepted Smith twice. Before Saturday, he had thrown 260 passes without getting picked off, but Arthur Brown and Ty Zimmerman each intercepted Smith in the second half.

“It was a sign, because that’s all they say on ESPN,” K-State defensive back Randall Evans said. “Geno has never thrown an interception. He has never done this. He has never done that. Our intention was to make him throw an interception.”

Brown’s interception may have clinched the game. On West Virginia’s first play of the third quarter, Evans tipped the pass high into the air, and Brown caught it.

“We all fed off of that play,” Brown said.

Klein hit Harper for a 21-yard touchdown on the ensuing possession, and K-State led 38-7.

Mountaineers fans began fleeing the stadium at that point.

“We knew coming in we had to stop the run first and make them one-dimensional,” said Zimmerman, who has intercepted a pass in four straight games. “I think we did that in the first half. They were down so much they had to keep throwing the ball … which allowed us to get those turnovers.”

Klein added two more scores, breaking Darren Sproles’ school record for career rushing touchdowns.

Both he and K-State likely wowed viewers, especially those who doubted them along the way. This night couldn’t have gone much better.

“We’re undefeated,” Harper said. “We’re out here beating these teams that have so many great players. It’s going to be a matter of time before they (realize) these guys can play.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/20/3876602/undefeated-k-state-routing-west.html#storylink=cpy

Kellis -  :facepalm:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Brownback has fantastic hair.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile

:dubious:

:lol:

I hope whoever he goes against next election tries to run an attack ad on him associating him with goEMAW vitriol this past week.

my uncle (who works at Capital) says browny has said several times he is glad :bill:did not do what the dems wanted and run for gov

Looks like Brownie has a check in his shirt pocket.  Probably for the amount of $100,000 signed by Charles Koch.  Just carries it around in his shirt pocket cuz he's a boss like that and if he loses it, he can just get another one.
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/20632365/power-poll-qb-klein-kansas-state-standing-up-to-all-challengers

Opening line for Dodd:

A Kansas State player could win the Heisman. Just wrapping my brain around that concept makes my head hurt.

Get bent, Dodd.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
Can someone post the insider article please? TIA

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
A couple of things i took away from the WVU game...

1. West Virginia is the Cracker Barrel Empire of the world..they get real butt hurt when you make fun of it.
2. Their first down cheer/clap/chant isn't AS weird as WPS of the pigaggies...but is still stupid.
3. The stereotypes are true....those hicks make incredible moonshine  :gocho:
4. Total pussies when it comes to intimidating opponents' fans. i didn't once feel uncomfortable...and believe me...i tried. 
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline Dual Ju

• Fan
    • View Profile
Pregame

Post game

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I found a pic of the horse we road into Morgantown
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
 :zzz:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
PISS POUNDING WVU, Game Articles/Pictures master thread - Luking Allowed!!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »
"4. Kansas State. Arthur Brown and the Kansas State defense don't get enough credit for the resurgence Collin Klein typically serves as the poster boy for, but the balance is insane and worth noting. No player had more than five tackles, no West Virginia offensive play went longer than 13 yards, and the ballistic Mountaineer pass offense averaged just 4.4 yards per play. That's the real work at play in a 55-14 blowout: defensive balance and open field tackling at all 11 spots on the depth chart."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/10/21/3533538/college-football-rankings-top-25-scores

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
"4. Kansas State. Arthur Brown and the Kansas State defense don't get enough credit for the resurgence Collin Klein typically serves as the poster boy for, but the balance is insane and worth noting. No player had more than five tackles, no West Virginia offensive play went longer than 13 yards, and the ballistic Mountaineer pass offense averaged just 4.4 yards per play. That's the real work at play in a 55-14 blowout: defensive balance and open field tackling at all 11 spots on the depth chart."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/10/21/3533538/college-football-rankings-top-25-scores

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
gotdamn Houlik was bad.  :sdeek:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Watch Rod Gilmore just squirm when he's put on the spot asked to say nice things about Klein and K-State.  It's adorable. 

Offline jde512

• Fan
    • View Profile
Love from College Football News...
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1232022.html

:lynchmob:
I was born kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood.  I have no trouble going out the same way.