Author Topic: ShaggyBevo  (Read 1387 times)

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
ShaggyBevo
« on: October 21, 2012, 12:27:52 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Re: ShaggyBevo
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:31:48 AM »
Kansas State should really ease up on all this physical play and aggression. This game is supposed to be about kids having fun, yet Kansas State comes in here like a bunch of crazy Little League dads acting all intense and trying to hurt people. It's quite shameful, really.

:lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:32:47 AM »
hook 'em horns  :lynchmob:  <---- but UT horn hooks.

Team
Texas
State
Conference

TTSC!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:33:46 AM »
what a great thread

:love: :love: :love: :love:<ShaggyBevo

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 12:37:20 AM »
I wish more of them would post here  :frown:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 12:37:44 AM »
That thread is GOLD :emawkid: ...I just like the fact that they already accept that we own them.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »
No one recruited Klein, other than Colorado State and Air Force. He spent his red shirt year at KSU as a wide receiver.

There isn't much mystery to Snyder's success, and that's what makes it so frustrating, especially to a KU grad like me.

1. He works 120 hours a week, and expects his staff to do the same.

2. Knowing the Big 12 is offense-heavy, and KSU doesn't have the access to the same kind of talent as other teams, Snyder works hard to perfect defense, as much as his depth will allow, and especially special teams. Games can change on good special teams play. Kids might not like learning it, but returns, coverage, field position and making your field goals are vital. Blocking and tackling must be perfect. Don't over-pursue. On offense, by using a running quarterback as a primary ball carrier, you must account for him. Take as much time as possible to keep the opposing high-powered offense off the field. Moreover, they play as a unit. There is no individual freelancing. KSU is like a well-drilled platoon.

3. Kansas has a decent JuCo system. A major part of KSU's rise in the 1990s was a pipeline of talented but troubled and academically-deficient kids who perhaps could not get into school anywhere else.

4. Transfers. The best players in Kansas often leave the state, like Blake Bell or Joseph Randle. Two such players, Chris Harper and Arthur Brown, went to Oregon and Miami respectively. Harper wanted to play QB and Brown + Miami was a toxic combination. Snyder persuaded them to "come home" as he probably put it. Both will play in the NFL.

5. We had a good S&C coach named Chris Dawson, who was probably a major part of our Orange Bowl run. Yet we foolishly let him go after forcing Mangino to leave. KSU picked up Dawson immediately.

I absolutely hate it as a lifelong Jayhawk, but KSU will be in the national championship game. I don't see them faltering, whereas Oregon, Alabama and other contenders all have numerous land mines ahead.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 12:50:56 AM »
I really appreciated the fatty love.  Good on them.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 12:52:52 AM »
sister schools, etc...
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite