Author Topic: _FANframes from KU: 6 Key Plays  (Read 5113 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: _FANframes from KU: 6 Key Plays
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 11:31:58 AM »
The BITB.  Not as a joke, not as a cute moniker.  But goEMAW is literally the best place for serious discussion and analysis of Kanass State.  There is no peer, there is no competition.

Nobody can seriously question this.

Well, i mean besides questioning my spelling.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »
Q: If you were to point to one thing about KSU's offense that makes it unique, what would it be? Klein, our usage of the fullback, blocking schemes such as the one shown on the speed option, etc.?

I'd say the combination of power and option and the variety of personnel/formations is what makes K-State most unique.

I agree. This team is more than capable of tossing 3 wide formations and still run a option, or a jumbo package and still execute the option play. I do wonder, how many times did K-State deployed a 5 wide formation in 2011 compared to 2012. I'm guessing that they have deployed it more often this year than last year, considering that Klein has improved his mechanics or his read progressions, but that would be my speculation.

Regardless, this offense is very very good and fun to watch.

Online Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »
On #4 I think the presnap reads were interesting also.  I think the safety moved out to help cover the two split out receivers late in the count.  Klein audibled and the next thing you know the TE is motioning toward the play way and it's a TD.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »
On #4 I think the presnap reads were interesting also.  I think the safety moved out to help cover the two split out receivers late in the count.  Klein audibled and the next thing you know the TE is motioning toward the play way and it's a TD.

Yeah, they blitzed the safety to the top of the screen too.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 02:55:33 PM »
Anyone else worried about opposing coaches getting info from these?   :ohno:

yes.  loose lips sink ships.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »

Yeah, they blitzed the safety to the top of the screen too.
Is that more of a coverage look that you might see on the twins split out?  I am wondering if Campo's NFL experience may be working against him in the college game by not respecting/accounting for the QB running game.  That was some pretty shitty run defense on display by the Jayhawks last Saturday.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14