Author Topic: #9: Eliminate Mistakes  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
#9: Eliminate Mistakes
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »
Through four games, KSU ranks #2 nationally in regards to penalties.

KSU has been penalized for a total of eight times for 66 yards.

Average?

2.0 penalties per game for 16.5 yards a game

Ridiculous for the quality of teams we've been playing.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: #9: Eliminate Mistakes
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:20:25 AM »
a direct reflection of #15 imo

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:19 AM »
Does this mean the KSU Cats are a mentally tough team? It seems to me that this team is more "mentally tough" than any I can remember -- ie not getting penalties, not turning the ball over, putting together drives at critical times.

I'll hang up and listen the the HFBIQ posters off-the-air.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:41 AM »

Average?

Septuagenarian LHC Bill Snyder walking calmly out to the hash and lecturing the officials on the intricacies of the rule in question is an incredible tool for altering officiating. Way more effective than the berating they get from coaches like Stoops.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
How many road games do you remember in the past where we would get multiple delay of game penalties, have to burn all of our timeouts in the first quarter, and have multiple false start penalties when we got into 3rd and long situations?  This past Saturday, we got into 3rd and long multiple times.  The crowd was bloodthirsty.  And we did not get a false start penalty, our O-Line held up, and we converted the 1st down.  The plays seem to be sent down early in the play clock and they run it and it works.  This speaks to the quality of our O-line (I thought they were supposed to suck this year) and CK and the coaches knowing what to call - makes me think OBz is taking more of a backseat when calling plays.  Only other explanation is #fattytakethewheel.  I did think that maybe Fatty called that behind the back pass against Miami.  That's why no one could explain it, coaches or players.

Even when we were good in the past, we would commit a lot of those penalties in road games and would find ourselves down by 7 or 14 points to the Tejas' or Colorados of the world.  We would then make a valiant effort at a comeback and fall short.  This year, however (remember, this was our FIRST road game of the year), we look poised and don't commit those stupid penalties, and it helps keep us in the game early, allowing us to dominate in the 2nd half.  Guys, this was our FIRST road game of the year.  And we looked like bosses out there.  How much more confidence does this give us when we go to coal miner U and the christian frogs' stadiums? 

This year's team can compete on the road, guys.  Still worried about FloodAggie, however. 

Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »
When people complain about Snyder's lack of change.  I think mentioning clock management and mistake free football as a big positive.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »

Average?

Septuagenarian LHC LHC Bill Snyder walking calmly out to the hash and lecturing the officials on the intricacies of the rule in question is an incredible tool for altering officiating. Way more effective than the berating they get from coaches like Stoops.

My Canadian friend is a DI line judge and has worked several B12 games.  When talking about coaches once he said that some were real pricks (mangino, prince) but Snyder is always a gentleman and if he got on you about a call, you know you screwed up.