Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290033 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:28 AM »
yeah, losing to isu should always knock you out of the NC.

ALWAYS.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 31, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »
JFC I'm so tired of every idiot with a blog equating the BCS to a popularity contest. Coaches are not going to vote ND ahead of KState at the end of the season simply because ND has more fans and they aren't going all vote Oregon number two in some kind of weird conspiracy to put them in because they are "sexier". It's going to come down to SOS in the computers and which teams performs better in their final games. That's all. Period. No amount of fans or publicity is going to change that. Effing respects.

Oklahoma State had a much stronger schedule than Alabama last year and they blew out a ranked Oklahoma team in the final week of the season while Bama was sitting at home, why weren't they in the title game?  crap like that is why some people might not trust the polls when it comes down to us vs a more prestigious/popular team.

Because they lost to ISU while Alabama lost a close game to the only undefeated team in the country. This was not a surprise. And I doubt that if Alabama's schedule was rated lower in the computers it was by much.

Using the quality loss argument, 2007 KU should have been in the title game over both Ohio State and LSU.  Yeah, their schedule sucked, they lost to the best team they played, they didn't even win their division...but they were miles ahead of the other two teams when it came to quality loss.  That's almost a parallel of 2011, except KU isn't a football blueblood and Alabama is, which is why people came up with ridiculous arguments like quality loss.  Voters will come up with some other inane crap to screw KSU if there is more than one other undefeated team because we aren't as desirable as Alabama, Notre Dame or Oregon.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 31, 2012, 12:17:12 AM »
JFC I'm so tired of every idiot with a blog equating the BCS to a popularity contest. Coaches are not going to vote ND ahead of KState at the end of the season simply because ND has more fans and they aren't going all vote Oregon number two in some kind of weird conspiracy to put them in because they are "sexier". It's going to come down to SOS in the computers and which teams performs better in their final games. That's all. Period. No amount of fans or publicity is going to change that. Effing respects.

Oklahoma State had a much stronger schedule than Alabama last year and they blew out a ranked Oklahoma team in the final week of the season while Bama was sitting at home, why weren't they in the title game?  crap like that is why some people might not trust the polls when it comes down to us vs a more prestigious/popular team.

Because you don't lose to Iowa effin' State, that's why.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 31, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »
yeah losing to Iowa State with 2 weeks left in the reg season was about the worst thing they could have done. They should have lost to us instead.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 01, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »
Maybe Luke'd but did anybody see the ridiculous bit on Sportscenter that ESPN did on Snyder's salary?

No, but with such a great recap, why would I need to?
They had a bit called "Cashing In" that was mostly about Victor Cruz requesting a new contract. They opened it up though talking about how Snyder's salary was significantly lower than every coach currently in the Top 10 other than Dabo Swinney. They also mentioned "to add insult to injury" that conference punching bag, Charlie Weis, has a larger salary.

I asked because I couldn't decide if it was relevant to the thread. I mean, at least they're talking about us but it seemed weird.  :dunno:

thanks

I'd seen this, maybe already posted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/2231/ksu-getting-good-value-from-bill-snyder

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 01, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »

OSU actually leapfrogged Stanford in the coach's poll for no explicable reason. And the computers had OSU and Bama about as close as it could possibly get without a tie - .930 to .950.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs/_/week/14/year/2011

There's no conspiracy this year, and there wasn't last year. If we're out, we didn't get "mumped", people just don't think we're as good as Oregon, plain and simple.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 01, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »
Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports

@YahooForde: Collin Klein did not kiss a girl until the altar of his wedding. I say it's absurd and unnatural. Got an opinion? WTF 1-800-777-2907

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 01, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »
Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports

@YahooForde: Collin Klein did not kiss a girl until the altar of his wedding. I say it's absurd and unnatural. Got an opinion? WTF 1-800-777-2907

Keep reading his timeline :lol:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 01, 2012, 08:11:17 PM »
I have always wanted to smash May's face in. This isn't a new thing.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 01, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »
Welp, Mark May picked Oklahoma State to win. I've always hated that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 01, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »

Welp, Mark May picked Oklahoma State to win. I've always hated that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

:cheers:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 01, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »

Welp, Mark May picked Oklahoma State to win. I've always hated that respect.

it is very hard to go undefeated.  there is a 50% chance we lose one of our remaining games, why not this one?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 01, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »
Love how the other two guys had to muffle their laughter when he picked OSU.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 01, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »
:curse:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/01/3078370/manti-teo-notre-dame-shining-light.html

The butt hurt from Joe-sephus is palpable.  Hilarious!

Currently, there are large numbers of college football players, who, academically, do not belong in college. For example: about 30 percent of Kansas State’s roster is made up of JUCO transfers. When the NCAA’s new academic requirements for incoming freshmen go in effect in 2016, schools of K-State’s ilk will either (a) not be able to field football teams anymore or (b) be so uncompetitive that a move to a lower division might be inevitable.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/01/3078370/manti-teo-notre-dame-shining-light.html#storylink=cpy

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 01, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »

it is very hard to go undefeated.  there is a 50% chance we lose one of our remaining games, why not this one?

I have no problem being picked against. I just hate him as a person. He's a smug son of a bitch.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 01, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »

May always goes for the upset against us. I don't get his butthurt. This team is different. We control every facet of the game. Plus, ok st is a pour mans TTech this year.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 01, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »

May has had us in is top 5 before we made top 5 in the polls but he always picks against us plus he hates Lou always talking ND in the MNC and us losing helps ND...Conclusion HE'S.ON.DRUGS

May always goes for the upset against us. I don't get his butthurt. This team is different. We control every facet of the game. Plus, ok st is a pour mans TTech this year.

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 01, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »

fyp
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 01, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »

I have no problem being picked against. I just hate him as a person. He's a smug son of a bitch.
He's the same SOB that used the black card when Prince was fired, but didn't say eff when KU fired Gill. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 02, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
Mark May played college football for the University of Pittsburgh

Isn't that the coal aggie rival school?   :dunno:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 02, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »
Mark May played college football for the University of Pittsburgh

Isn't that the coal aggie rival school?   :dunno:

I think WV hates Pitt. I don't think Pitt GAF about WV. Pitt and Cincy are arch-nemeses

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 02, 2012, 08:45:09 AM »
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/01/12/Snyder-working-miracles-again-at-Kansas-/landing_big12.html?blockID=813065&feedID=3799

This has to be the most squakish back handed complimentary article to date. Fack this douche.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 02, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/01/12/Snyder-working-miracles-again-at-Kansas-/landing_big12.html?blockID=813065&feedID=3799

This has to be the most squakish back handed complimentary article to date. Fack this douche.

i enjoyed the hell outta this article.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 02, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »
great article