Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 317581 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #2225 on: June 03, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
I pay more in deductibles and premium for the same coverage (well guess I have access to herpes and Transgender counselling) I had before for no reason other than obamacare. And before you quip that premiums would have gone up anyways, I can tell you you are wrong. We self insure through the business and our premiums would have gone down.

I'm not ruined, but I've essentially been taxed another $3000 per year for nothing.

He's not the only one.

If that really happened to you, no one should care because you're statistically insignficant.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: June 03, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »
Except it's not nothing  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: June 03, 2015, 03:37:54 PM »
I pay more in deductibles and premium for the same coverage (well guess I have access to herpes and Transgender counselling) I had before for no reason other than obamacare. And before you quip that premiums would have gone up anyways, I can tell you you are wrong. We self insure through the business and our premiums would have gone down.

I'm not ruined, but I've essentially been taxed another $3000 per year for nothing.

He's not the only one.

If that really happened to you, no one should care because you're statistically insignficant.

Yes, I am certain that there are others who are also statistically insignificant.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2228 on: June 03, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
I don't doubt that a small minority of people would have seen their premiums decline.

It's well documented that an overwhelming majority have seen their premiums increase for the same policy with a higher deductible. That is mumped up.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: June 03, 2015, 04:07:58 PM »
Other mumped up things: Inflation.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: June 03, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »

Oh good lord, we're back to the "inflation" excuse. :lol: So sad. The defense of this crap law is so intellectually and morally bankrupt. The libtards wouldn't know common sense if it slapped them in the face.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: June 03, 2015, 04:16:29 PM »

Out of pocket health care costs are going up at about 6% average per year. If you have an average income, it's going up a whole lot more.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: June 03, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »
FSD is lying, guys

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: June 03, 2015, 04:26:18 PM »
I want a poster with a dood walking on the beach with two sets of footprints behind him, and one of the platitudes drawn in the surf next to him.

i made one of those for jeremy guthrie.  it was really good.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: June 03, 2015, 04:56:47 PM »

Oh good lord, we're back to the "inflation" excuse. :lol: So sad. The defense of this crap law is so intellectually and morally bankrupt. The libtards wouldn't know common sense if it slapped them in the face.

Other mumped up things:

Increases in:
Physician costs
Hospital costs
Medical equipment costs
New medical technology costs
New procedures/treatments
Prescription drug costs
Prescription drug usage
Preventive care coverage (ubiquitous in health plans prior to any mandates)
Usage of preventive care
State regulations
Non-ACA federal regulations

These things contribute to premiums far, far more than the ACA. You're right that that isn't based on common sense. It's based on data.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: June 03, 2015, 05:12:57 PM »

Other mumped up things:

Increases in:
Physician costs
Hospital costs
Medical equipment costs
Prescription drug costs
Prescription drug usage
Usage of preventive care
State regulations

These things contribute to premiums far, far more than the ACA. You're right that that isn't based on common sense. It's based on data.

I think I'll rely on the industry experts quoted in the articles above. I'm going to give that a little more weight than "chum1" on goEMAW. Now if it was poonhound69, that'd be different.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: June 03, 2015, 05:18:26 PM »

Other mumped up things:

Increases in:
Physician costs
Hospital costs
Medical equipment costs
Prescription drug costs
Prescription drug usage
Usage of preventive care
State regulations

I think I'll rely on the industry experts quoted in the articles above. I'm going to give that a little more weight than "chum1" on goEMAW. Now if it was poonhound69, that'd be different.

Withholding judgement is also an option. You don't always have to pick a side. You also don't always have to pick the same side.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: June 03, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »

Other mumped up things:

Increases in:
Physician costs
Hospital costs
Medical equipment costs
Prescription drug costs
Prescription drug usage
Usage of preventive care
State regulations

The price of healthcare is only rising about 1.8% per year. Premiums and out of pocket deductables are up 6%. Please post data.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: June 03, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »
Please post data.

That's a little vague. What do you want to know?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: June 03, 2015, 07:26:24 PM »

Other mumped up things:

Increases in:
Physician costs
Hospital costs
Medical equipment costs
Prescription drug costs
Prescription drug usage
Usage of preventive care
State regulations

Withholding judgement is also an option. You don't always have to pick a side. You also don't always have to pick the same side.

Again, I'm relying upon the folks quoted in the articles. If you have a different source other than "chum1" feel free to share. Otherwise stop being a dumbass.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: June 03, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »
Huh. Even the liberal publications agree that rates are shooting up due to Obamacare.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/how-affordable-is-the-affordable-care-act-118428.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7423912

But I'm just "taking sides." I guess if I was a libtard and was constantly being reminded of my stupidity, if be annoyed, too.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: June 03, 2015, 09:13:28 PM »

Again, I'm relying upon the folks quoted in the articles. If you have a different source other than "chum1" feel free to share. Otherwise stop being a dumbass.

When two articles seem to contradict each other, as they always do in matters of politics, how do you decide which one to believe? I mean, I know what you actually do is pick the one that you think is the conservative/non-liberal one based on your presupposed ideology. What I'm asking is how you convince yourself that it represents the truth? Or are you not concerned with what is true? Or do you simply assume it is true precisely because you think that it coincides with your ideology? Like, maybe you think that's sufficient for it to be true. Is that how it works?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: June 03, 2015, 09:42:39 PM »
If I recall correctly, chum is one of those obamacare enrollment facilitator/promoters, so he's just doing his job here.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: June 03, 2015, 09:48:08 PM »
I don't like early voting because it allows people to cast votes before campaigns are over. I also don't like the "rock the vote" mills the democrats set up in the inner cities to unethical [and probably illegally] package democrat votes.

I'm unaware of a policy rationale in favor of early voting, other than convenience  [and the aforementioned cheating].

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: June 03, 2015, 10:30:58 PM »

When two articles seem to contradict each other, as they always do in matters of politics, how do you decide which one to believe? I mean, I know what you actually do is pick the one that you think is the conservative/non-liberal one based on your presupposed ideology. What I'm asking is how you convince yourself that it represents the truth? Or are you not concerned with what is true? Or do you simply assume it is true precisely because you think that it coincides with your ideology? Like, maybe you think that's sufficient for it to be true. Is that how it works?

I try my best to use common sense. But again, I've even given you articles from liberal publications that point to Obamacare. You have yet to provide anything other than chum1, which is not very convincing. Stop being so dense. Use your head. Read the articles.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: June 03, 2015, 11:27:05 PM »

I try my best to use common sense. But again, I've even given you articles from liberal publications that point to Obamacare. You have yet to provide anything other than chum1, which is not very convincing. Stop being so dense. Use your head. Read the articles.

I think I get it. So, you'd count application of some idea to which you subscribe - something like, "when you give rich people more money, they create more jobs" - as using common sense? That clears things up for me, though I'd personally consider that sort of thing an empirical matter.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: June 04, 2015, 12:14:08 AM »
I wish I could vote online, like I file my taxes, do my banking, work and pay bills. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: June 04, 2015, 12:20:50 AM »
I wish I could vote online, like I file my taxes, do my banking, work and pay bills.

You could easily have 500,000,000 votes cast in a presidential election. :users:

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: June 04, 2015, 12:26:18 AM »
I don't like early voting because it allows people to cast votes before campaigns are over. I also don't like the "rock the vote" mills the democrats set up in the inner cities to unethical [and probably illegally] package democrat votes.

I'm unaware of a policy rationale in favor of early voting, other than convenience  [and the aforementioned cheating].

Why is helping people practice their democratic right so unethical?  There's no demand that you vote democrat after you sign up.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: June 04, 2015, 01:18:18 AM »

Okay, I read them. They do not address the issue I was discussing: that large premium increases are caused by the ACA, though they do speculate about the possibility. They primarily say that exchange plan premiums may or may not have large increases next year, which addresses a completely different issue and is also thoroughly noncommittal.