Author Topic: where did the "right" lose its way?  (Read 25575 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: where did the "right" lose its way?
« Reply #250 on: November 07, 2012, 11:03:20 PM »
I hate John Stewart.  So smug and self-important.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2012, 12:12:58 AM »

lol

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2012, 03:43:44 AM »

Chum's gonna chum.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »
I can actually see this.  he's damn good at what he does and he's pretty much the voice for the 18-34 demographic, so he is kind of important.  the one thing I hate about him is that he tackles some pretty big issues and really goes after people and if/when they respond, he hides behind the "we're just a fake news show on cable omg guys get a life!"  he can't have it both ways.  he's talented enough to take on a better and more high profile job, but I think he likes hiding behind the "comedy show on cable" veil.  it's a little annoying.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2012, 08:25:16 AM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2012, 09:35:47 AM »
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/7/excommunicating-christie/

“The fact of the matter is that if the president of the United States comes here and he is willing to help my people, and he does it, then I’m going to say nice things about him because he’s earned it,” Mr. Christie said of his 11th-hour election-year praise of Mr. Obama. He later testily added, “People care more about getting things done than they care about partisanship.” That generic statement might be true sometimes, but the future of the country is at stake in a presidential race. Beating an opponent that’s bad for America necessitates a hard-fought partisan campaign. A love-in with the liberal president might generate some short-term gains in the form of federal handouts, but that comes at great cost to the future by bolstering the incumbent’s claim that he’s an effective leader who deserves four more years.

This kind of feeds into the whole, "Our main priority is making Obama a one-term President," line of thinking.

If that's how you want to govern, fine, but don't be surprised if the electorate is smart enough to see right through it and reject it.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »
Well, this isn't going to help the GOP's chances in elections going forward...

BOSTON — Slamming the Republican Party establishment for tapping Mitt Romney as its standard-bearer, the co-founder of the nation’s largest tea party group said Wednesday the lessons learned from the 2012 presidential election will strengthen the grass-roots movement, making it an even more important part of the GOP’s future.

Jenny Beth Martin, of the Tea Party Patriots, said Mr. Romney's loss to President Obama Tuesday serves as a stark reminder that “conservative” candidates lose if they do not fully embrace the limited government principles that the grass-roots movement embodies.

“He was a weak, moderate, hand-picked candidate by the establishment, the Beltway elites — and they have picked candidates repeatedly for years,” Ms. Martin said. “It does not work and it is time to find someone the next time who embraces our values.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/7/tea-party-leader-gop-establishment-big-loser/?page=2

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »

BOSTON — Slamming the Republican Party establishment for tapping Mitt Romney as its standard-bearer, the co-founder of the nation’s largest tea party group said Wednesday the lessons learned from the 2012 presidential election will strengthen the grass-roots movement, making it an even more important part of the GOP’s future.

Jenny Beth Martin, of the Tea Party Patriots, said Mr. Romney's loss to President Obama Tuesday serves as a stark reminder that “conservative” candidates lose if they do not fully embrace the limited government principles that the grass-roots movement embodies.

“He was a weak, moderate, hand-picked candidate by the establishment, the Beltway elites — and they have picked candidates repeatedly for years,” Ms. Martin said. “It does not work and it is time to find someone the next time who embraces our values.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/7/tea-party-leader-gop-establishment-big-loser/?page=2

I hope they like being angry and planning for next time.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: where did the "right" lose its way?
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2012, 10:01:52 AM »

I'm sure a lot of them really do enjoy being angry about government.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »

It would help if a lot of them put down the misspelled signs, removed the costumes and took a community college class once in a while.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2012, 10:05:02 AM »

It would help if a lot of them put down the misspelled signs, removed the costumes and took a community college class once in a while.

Shove your big gubment college up your ass, Hussein.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »

I like poking fun at them.  I find the Tea Party to be detestable.

This kind of captures my feelings pretty well:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2012, 10:10:03 AM »

I like poking fun at them.  I find the Tea Party to be detestable.

This kind of captures my feelings pretty well:

I was poking fun at them, too. See "big gubment college" and "Hussein".

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »
I know.  I just wanted to fit in 'detestable'.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »
FYI, all that camo isn't a costume.  It's what they wear when not lounging around in old timey long underwear at home.

Some of the younger generation has switched from the old timey long underwear to a more updated version of it made by Under Armour(kudos to UA for recognizing such a market and so successfully owning it), but the camo is classic.    I mean, burnt orange tried for a few years and had a decent run, but camo is king when it comes to the unwashed.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »
the themes on facebook from my right-wing friends seem to center around the fact that the country is now a bunch of welfare queen freeloaders and people who voted for Romney are the last hard workers out there. They are like really sad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/7/excommunicating-christie/

As the Obama administration was taking incoming fire for its mismanagement of emergency-relief efforts in response to Hurricane Sandy
what now?

This is the third time I've seen/heard a media member blaming Grimace for Willard losing.  They can't help themselves.  It took them less than 24 hours of self reflection to fall into the same tricks.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »
First off, the Washington Times?   :lol: 

I think opportunities have been missed again and again over the last 6 years.   Conservatives should have been hammering home again and again that Democrats controlled congress from 2006 to 2010.   Taking control in 2006 with the promise of fixing budget deficits and starting to reduce the national debt or at least slowing the growth of the national debt.   We all know what really happened.   They also promised war extraction in 2006 and instead we got war expansion and surges . . . but R's probably aren't going to fair well on that either.   

Conservatives also mostly swing and miss that budget deficits, and massive expansion of national debt were compounded even further when Democrats controlled both Congress and the White House from 2008-2010.   

Conservatives failed totally at re-directing the "that's what got us into the mess in the first place" directed at them . . . missing opportunities to point out that prominent Democrats played key roles in Wall Street, Banking, Fannie Mae/Freddie MAC etc. etc. etc.   

But given the fake left right paradigm, fake conservatives aka Republican's aren't going to bite the hands that feeds both parties.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 08, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »
Diane Rehm spent an hour on this today. Her panel was all conservatives, and you could hear them speaking from inside the bubble. They blamed the losses mainly on picking candidates who said stupid things. It seems like nobody within the party is willing to look at the positions they are taking on issues and realizing that is where the problem lies.

The American people fundamentally disagree with Republicans on their key issues. Taxing the wealthy, abortion rights, climate change legislation are all polling in the 70% plus range. Yes your candidates suck because they go around spouting the party platform. No abortion rights? let's drill our way to energy independence? Half the country is a bunch of lazy fucks because they didn't start their own business?  Give me a break--Paul Ryan has been sucking off the government teat since he was 16.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2012, 12:49:43 PM »
This is the third time I've seen/heard a media member blaming Grimace for Willard losing.

i love christie.  first the making fun of stupid people on youtube, and now the machiavelli in a sweat suit last minute maneuvering with obama.  alone among 'pubs, he was smart enough to understand the polling data.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »
the themes on facebook from my right-wing friends seem to center around the fact that the country is now a bunch of welfare queen freeloaders and people who voted for Romney are the last hard workers out there. They are like really sad.

My cousin has been throwing all kinds of anti-Obama stuff on Facebook for months and now laments the death of dreams and hope for our country.

She also took unemployment benefits as a stay-at-home mom because she "deserved it".

I couldn't make that up if I tried.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 08, 2012, 01:21:54 PM »
This is the third time I've seen/heard a media member blaming Grimace for Willard losing.

Have you just been really busy in the last day and a half and not had time to read much or watch much TV?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2012, 01:57:23 PM »
Diane Rehm.

jfc, that voice.  even when i want to hear the topic i can't force myself to listen.  how the hell did she ever get into radio?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »
the economist did this cartoon around the time of the debt ceiling debacle.  kind of sums things up perfectly.

"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."