Author Topic: When has your quirky subconscious saved you from disaster?  (Read 7199 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When has your quirky subconscious saved you from disaster?
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »
Example:  Today.

I do not normally take prescription or over the counter medication.  I hardly ever get sick and I hated doing it as a kid.  Meanwhile, I am pretty sure my wife and in-laws are junkies.  So I consult my wife on what to take on the last day of a cold.  She hands me two pills and assures me they are dayquil.  I put them in my pocket.  All day I put off taking them.  I drink water, I drink water, I drink water.  Finally I give in when I get home from work.  BOOM! wake up in a hot sweat when the wife gets home, guess what?  Nyquil.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
When has your quirky subconscious saved you from disaster?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:08:25 PM »
So your quirky subconscious saved you from being drowsy at work?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: When has your quirky subconscious saved you from disaster?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:24:23 PM »

:dubious: have you ever taken NyQuil? It doesn't just make you drowsy. If you take it, you will fall asleep. 8 hours of drowsiness? My ass.

I took 3 NyQuil in high school because I was super sick. I walked around my house in my boxers and refused to go back to bed until my mom took me to see Spider Man 3. That crap is not a joke.

Way to go, KK!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »

:dubious: have you ever taken NyQuil? It doesn't just make you drowsy. If you take it, you will fall asleep. 8 hours of drowsiness? My ass.

I took 3 NyQuil in high school because I was super sick. I walked around my house in my boxers and refused to go back to bed until my mom took me to see Spider Man 3. That crap is not a joke.

Way to go, KK!

pretty sure you took acid
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »

I do not normally take prescription or over the counter medication.  I hardly ever get sick and I hated doing it as a kid.  Meanwhile, I am pretty sure my wife and in-laws are junkies.  So I consult my wife on what to take on the last day of a cold.  She hands me two pills and assures me they are dayquil.  I put them in my pocket.  All day I put off taking them.  I drink water, I drink water, I drink water.  Finally I give in when I get home from work.  BOOM! wake up in a hot sweat when the wife gets home, guess what?  Nyquil.

Kat Kid, idk if this deserves to go in the goEMAW encounters thread or this one, but your wife totally has told me about how you do not like to take pills/medication, and she disclosed that you had been feeling under the weather.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »

Kat Kid, idk if this deserves to go in the goEMAW encounters thread or this one, but your wife totally has told me about how you do not like to take pills/medication, and she disclosed that you had been feeling under the weather.

She said it because it is true.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:16:46 AM »
I don't interact with people that much, that has probably saved me quite a bit in the long run.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 08:16:55 AM »

This explains the hoodie and the scarf on an 80+ degree day.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:50:05 AM »
Those Nyquil commericals always made me mad. The people in them always wake up right when they are supposed to and look so happy and carefree. Like a golden retreiver delievers them the paper while they're still in bed or some crap. Whenever I've taken Nyquil I wake up a minimum of 1 hour late for work and am scrambling to get up and out the door because that crap knocks you out.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 08:53:44 AM »
When ben ji gets sick he takes 2 nyquil around 6pm and sleeps for 14 hours. It works.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
kk I'm the same way, all of those suckers are going to have built up an immunity to modern day drugs! Not US!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »
kk I'm the same way, all of those suckers are going to have built up an immunity to modern day drugs! Not US!

My ex-gf who is a total loony bitch is the same way...have fun getting sick you guys while i take my medicine and feel great.

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 09:19:45 AM »
True story.

When I was 16 I went out to the lake and met up with some friends.  When I realized I needed to head home, I was already and hour late for curfew.  So, young Pittcat hauls ass for home.  As I was leaving the main "entrance" to the lake area a little voice said to me, "hey, why don't you buckle up?" (I never buckled up back then)  So I buckle up and head towards home.  About three miles down the gravel road, I hit and intersection going ~75 mph.  I lose control of the car, go into the ditch, drive on the outside embankment of said ditch, hit a culvert which sends my car spinning and rolling simultaneously.  Luckily the car landed on its tires.  When I got out of the car, I didn't know what direction was what until I found the Big Dipper/ North Star.  No one else around to help me.  No cell phone.  Had to run back to the lake to get help.  Should've put my head through the windshield that night.

Had I not listened to my subconscious that night, I'd have never known goEMAW.com and all of its wonders
3021  RIP

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »
True Story

One time in high school I wanted to go out drinking with my buddies. My parents were being super mean and wouldnt let me go out that night. My buddy who was doing the driving got a dui and all my friends got MIP's.

Thanks mom and dad!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
True story.

When I was 16 I went out to the lake and met up with some friends.  When I realized I needed to head home, I was already and hour late for curfew.  So, young Pittcat hauls ass for home.  As I was leaving the main "entrance" to the lake area a little voice said to me, "hey, why don't you buckle up?" (I never buckled up back then)  So I buckle up and head towards home.  About three miles down the gravel road, I hit and intersection going ~75 mph.  I lose control of the car, go into the ditch, drive on the outside embankment of said ditch, hit a culvert which sends my car spinning and rolling simultaneously.  Luckily the car landed on its tires.  When I got out of the car, I didn't know what direction was what until I found the Big Dipper/ North Star.  No one else around to help me.  No cell phone.  Had to run back to the lake to get help.  Should've put my head through the windshield that night.

Had I not listened to my subconscious that night, I'd have never known goEMAW.com and all of its wonders

Maybe your subconsious made you drive more dangerously because it knew you had buckled your seatbelt. Also, glad you survived.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »
I never take medicine and I'm never sick.  I am a superman though.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Re: When has your quirky subconscious saved you from disaster?
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »

Way to go, KK!

Remember that time you tripped out on SouthSideBuckCat's pink magic from lafene? Sounds like you have a problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
I don't interact with people that much, that has probably saved me quite a bit in the long run.

It's true, you didn't show to the topaka and you didn't have to sit through an awkward, sober, watching of the cats losing to Baylor. Well played saulbadguy's subconscious, well played.
I'm purple down

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 11:14:38 AM »

It's true, you didn't show to the topaka and you didn't have to sit through an awkward, sober, watching of the cats losing to Baylor. Well played saulbadguy's subconscious, well played.

yeah, that was not a good pak.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 11:16:09 AM »
kk has an interesting perspective of what constitutes a "disaster".

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 11:21:56 AM »
People who narrowly miss a disaster always seem to say stuff like "I just had a funny feeling..so i" or "Something just didn't feel right.."  bullshit, imo.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »
I was really hammered one night a long time ago. I was going to drive home, but I passed out in my car before I could get it started. I would have died in a fiery crash had I driven home. I think my subconscious (which is always sober) made me fall asleep.

Offline Merk

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »
When I was in high school, I was supposed to go on a class trip to France. But while the plane was boarding I fell asleep and dreamed that the plane was going to crash so I freaked out and got off the plane along with my gf and a few friends. Then the plane ended up crashing. :sdeek:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
When I was in high school, I was supposed to go on a class trip to France. But while the plane was boarding I fell asleep and dreamed that the plane was going to crash so I freaked out and got off the plane along with my gf and a few friends. Then the plane ended up crashing. :sdeek:
I sure am glad you never made it to MOAP3. You sound like a freak.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »
I sure am glad you never made it to MOAP3. You sound like a freak.
Yeah, he has been skirting death every since. I think I'll avoid him as well.