Author Topic: BITB Today  (Read 96825 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: BITB Today
« Reply #625 on: November 08, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
Hey, look at all the small town Kansans who think it's weird to have NFL (most popular sport in the country) tickets but not weird to drive to Manhattan for all the K-State games, donate to the Ahearn fund and post thousands of times on goEMAW.com

Whoa, I think there is confusion here. I don't think the majority of NFL fans are weird, but I do think the extreme NFL fans that dress up and go to shows like Mitch's can be quite strange. JMHO.

I have no problem with the majority of people that grew up/live in NFL cities and are NFL diehards. That seems pretty normal.

Okay. Now do the LHC Bill Snyder / oscar Weber / goPOW pregame shows.

Dressing up, I agree, although there are a handful of students doing it at every game too.

:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 08, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 08, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »
http://kcsuperfans.com/

his hatchet looks like a hardened pot pie crust, good for him

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 08, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
I love it when Blob Glauber pretends to be friends with Soren.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 08, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »
I'm pretty sure Skin Ben used to pass out trading cards of X-Factor around the KSU campus.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: November 08, 2013, 12:25:12 PM »
I guess I just assumed that ppl like that were paid to be like that by the Chiefs for some sort of marketing or ambiance similar to the dumbasses that get paid to be all extra renaissance'ey at the Renaissance fair.   :dunno:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 08, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »
I think people who think Jake Waters has a place on a football field are way weirder and grosser than NFL diehards.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 08, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »
I had a K-State and Chiefs football outfit when I was a kid. I wore them on Saturday and Sundays with the pads, helmet, and everything. I also sat My K-State/Chiefs trolls in front of the TV for good luck. I'm pretty sure they're why we beat Elway with Montana on MNF. I think you can be both.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 08, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »
I had a K-State and Chiefs football outfit when I was a kid. I wore them on Saturday and Sundays with the pads, helmet, and everything. I also sat My K-State/Chiefs trolls in front of the TV for good luck. I'm pretty sure they're why we beat Elway with Montana on MNF. I think you can be both.

You can get away with  pretty much anything when you're a kid.  But there comes a time where you have to sit down look yourself in the mirrior and decide what type of person you want to be.  Once you make that decision there is no turnning back.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 08, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
Hey, look at all the small town Kansans who think it's weird to have NFL (most popular sport in the country) tickets but not weird to drive to Manhattan for all the K-State games, donate to the Ahearn fund and post thousands of times on goEMAW.com

Whoa, I think there is confusion here. I don't think the majority of NFL fans are weird, but I do think the extreme NFL fans that dress up and go to shows like Mitch's can be quite strange. JMHO.

I have no problem with the majority of people that grew up/live in NFL cities and are NFL diehards. That seems pretty normal.

Its strange that two elites like mocat and 8man aren't understanding what's being said here. We know these people exists seems weird to be butthurt about acknowledging their existence, if you don't fit the category why get mad?

Of course the NFL superfan is generally a lower class and less educaated fan. Are there any college schools or leagues that have the fan violence issue that the NFL does? And no alcohol in the stadium is notthe issue because these people fighting and killing other fans are getting drunk in the lot, just like in college. So ask yourself, why are there so many fights at NFL games?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 08, 2013, 02:34:50 PM »
I liked when 8man tried to say that students dressing up is the same as 35+ year old men dressing up.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 08, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »

Didn't you have a thread about how trashy your family was?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 08, 2013, 02:44:35 PM »
The NFL superfan is generally, but not always, a super-townie.  The biggest fans are usually people that grew up there and never left.  In addition, as MiR said, they are less educated than college fans.

Do NFL fans travel a lot for away games?  That is something that I don't think transfers from college to pros.  Probably too difficult to get the time off at the factory to travel for away NFL games, I guess.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #638 on: November 08, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »
Cheeseheads take it to a whole new level.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 08, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »

Didn't you have a thread about how trashy your family was?
I don't think so. My moms side is pretty bad (like living under rocks in the flint hills), but my dads side is the complete opposite. My parents had my brother when they were 17, they had me 5 years later, I think they were just trying to make me happy with what they had. :dunno:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 08, 2013, 03:09:12 PM »

RODGERS

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 08, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
so if you guys are not talking about "NFL fans" but rather "NFL superfans" then i guess i can roll with it. sure it's weird to paint your face and go nuts for DeSean Jackson but a freaking psychiatrist with a "Dr." in front of his name did it in the Oscar-winning film Silver Linings Playbook

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 08, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »
so if you guys are not talking about "NFL fans" but rather "NFL superfans" then i guess i can roll with it. sure it's weird to paint your face and go nuts for DeSean Jackson but a freaking psychiatrist with a "Dr." in front of his name did it in the Oscar-winning film Silver Linings Playbook

NFL superfan mocat can't even tell the difference between reality and fiction anymore.

very sad day indeed  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 08, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »

Its strange that two elites like mocat and 8man aren't understanding what's being said here. We know these people exists seems weird to be butthurt about acknowledging their existence, if you don't fit the category why get mad?

Of course the NFL superfan is generally a lower class and less educaated fan. Are there any college schools or leagues that have the fan violence issue that the NFL does? And no alcohol in the stadium is notthe issue because these people fighting and killing other fans are getting drunk in the lot, just like in college. So ask yourself, why are there so many fights at NFL games?

This is a very good point.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 08, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »

I've been to Lambeau, and lived in Wisconsin for a short time.

I never saw people get dressed up in the crazy costumes, but they go all out with the beads and crap....they treat the games like they are a mardi gras or new years type event.  Even at bars you'll see people with all kinds of party beads on and stuff.

Also, there are TONS of guys that were those animal pelt hats to the games.  They are EVERYWHERE

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 08, 2013, 04:41:05 PM »
Did you see the cheese grater hats by Bears fans? Those are great!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 08, 2013, 05:35:33 PM »
anyone remember the chiefs superfan that was in witness protection and was kicked out or nearly kicked out for being so visible on TV?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 12, 2013, 03:28:19 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 12, 2013, 03:35:05 PM »
So Gottlieb isn't Petro's college basketball guy anymore. Its Jeff Goodman now.  :Crybaby:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 12, 2013, 04:04:09 PM »
http://www.talkers.com/?page_id=24658&preview=true

Good lord I can't imagine how awful 3-4 hours of Boomer Esiason would be