Author Topic: BITB Today  (Read 96124 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BITB Today
« Reply #525 on: November 06, 2013, 11:56:03 PM »
Guys: hit the FM button. Then go to 102.5 if you're in KC. Then enjoy the sweet vocal nectar pouring from #Gottlieb4KSU's mouth and into your ears.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 07, 2013, 12:52:24 AM »
Guys: hit the FM button. Then go to 102.5 if you're in KC. Then enjoy the sweet vocal nectar pouring from #Gottlieb4KSU's mouth and into your ears.

DG mentioned today that he would love to get into coaching at the college level.  It made me sad but also hopeful.   Maybe oscar will fail so hard the administration will have no choice but listen to the fans and hire him?!    :Woot:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 07, 2013, 08:58:35 AM »
I like DP and Carrington Harrison, but I rarely listen to the show. Mostly just from twitter
They do fit your demographic.

What exactly differentiates my demographic from your demographic, WS08
:D Younger generations like 610. My old man Cain and I can listen to Petro own dumbasses and listen to BITB troll all day.

Own dumbasses? Is this the same Petro that still doesn't know that UMass is an FBS school? I don't listen to his pro sports segments because I don't give two shits about the royals and chiefs, but I can tell you he doesn't know jack krap about cbb and cfb.

Yeah, I enjoy listening to Petro talk about pro sports, because I DO care about the Royals and the Chiefs, but you're right on with his knowledge of college sports. He has a hard time predicting/explaining college sports, because the biggest sample size of stats you will get with any of the players is really only three years at most. He tries to understand college athletics through a professional lens, and it has never really worked out for him. Since he doesn't understand the game, he leans on his gambling experience to try and predict outcomes. It doesn't work very well.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 07, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »
To his credit, UMass switched over less than 3 years ago. It's better than the young dorks on 610 who can't even point Manhattan out on a map. My time there they went to Mizzou, KU, Chiefs, etc. Why? They hate K-State and their open about it. So much for non bias sports talk.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 07, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »
Binkley sounds fat and very cigarette-y. Parkins pronounces "s" sounds like "sh" sounds, which i cannot abide. Carrington harrison's voice (or whatever his name is) sounds exactly like Ryan Wallace, which i also don't like. Fescoe says "right now" about 70,000 times per show, and Jaaaaaash Klinger is very butt hurt and whiny about everything. also, those two have no clue what the phrase "was it worth it?" means, because they use it in absolutely asinine ways. the last time i heard them, Fescoe was like "do you know what the first thing i thought of when i heard that olivia wilde was pregnant? wow how lucky is jason sudeikis right now?" wooo-oooof.

petro says "ah" waaaaaaay too much. i hate the way he says "bob glauber" and "ah" and "robert brogdon" and "ah" and "bats" and "ah" and "arms" but he is pretty smart with baseball and i think his guests are the best.

BITB has his moments still (remember the nebraska rant in '10?)  :love: but he is pretty insufferable and more often than not, he is completely wrong although would never admit to it. also factor in the racin boys and the most commercial time per hour on planet earth, and no thank you is my reponse. i love danny though. what a curmudgeon.

SSJ/Nate are becoming far and away my faves. they keep it light and talk about everything, and SSJ allows Nate/Jake to talk soccer because he knows nothing. and gottlieb in the afternoon is great.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 07, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »
Pro-tip: No one would listen to "non-bias [sic] sports talk"
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 07, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »
Pro-tip: No one would listen to "non-bias [sic] sports talk"
There's ranges tho.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 07, 2013, 11:10:45 AM »
Big Petro fan here. I think he's great. I loved BITB yesterday just real life @'ing people left and right.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »
To his credit, UMass switched over less than 3 years ago. It's better than the young dorks on 610 who can't even point Manhattan out on a map. My time there they went to Mizzou, KU, Chiefs, etc. Why? They hate K-State and their open about it. So much for non bias sports talk.

@cdotharrison openly interacts with JO on twitter and won't stop praising #life's running ability, but I guess that's just how my demographic hates on people these days.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »
Big Petro fan here. I think he's great. I loved BITB yesterday just real life @'ing people left and right.

You are a baseball nerd.  For those of us who are not baseball nerds, Petro is BRUTAL between May and August.  I enjoy him the rest of the time.  He has lots of big timey guests, and he gets them to talk about KC area stuff.

I do not like Stump the Chumps.   

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 07, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »
goEMAW should get one of those blog things and start calling everyone out.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Thursday's Call out-Off

:dunno:

Yes.  It needs it's own thread though and it needs to start with calling out 'Clams for slacking so heavily on the Thrusday Howevers production.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 07, 2013, 11:17:04 AM »

You are a baseball nerd.  For those of us who are not baseball nerds, Petro is BRUTAL between May and August.  I enjoy him the rest of the time.  He has lots of big timey guests, and he gets them to talk about KC area stuff.

Who has the most stolen bases after eating a chicken (grilled) salad?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 07, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »

@cdotharrison openly interacts with JO on twitter and won't stop praising #life's running ability, but I guess that's just how my demographic hates on people these days.
I don't follow that dweeb, so I wouldn't know. Harrison came after my time there. I don't know what his agenda is.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 07, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »
So far, imo, his agenda is liking sports and being entertaining to listen to.  I enjoy Cdot and hope he and Park stay right where they are. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 07, 2013, 11:20:59 AM »

That's fair. His guests are baller if you ask me. Gottlieb is can't miss radio. I love his segments with Kevin Harlan because they often talk about media in sports. Also, his interviews with Frank were great back when Frank was our guy.

Plus no golf talk, smoke and fire, racing boys, etc.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: November 07, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »
Every 610 show is awful.  Just brutally terrible.  If you like a 610 show you need to reevaluate your life and determine what type of person you want to be.
Yup! Can confirm. They're ratings are in the cellar. They're lucky they have the Royals and 98.9 the rock at Entercom. They float eachother a boat.

I switch over to 610 only if 810, 980, and 710 - yes, even 710 - are all running ads, and even then I sometimes just switch back to ads. I don't know why the voices of the 610 afternoon guys annoy me so much, but holy crap they annoy the crap out of me.
They come off as non-perfessional. We all know it. After working a long day at our places of employment, the last thing we need, is a bunch of dorks geeking about about fantasy football and why the KC Chiefs cheerleaders are so hott and why Carrington thinks he has a shot at them, while he flies out to LV on the weekend on his families trust fund.
:D
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »

Pete nailed everything I think about Petro.

Stump the Chumps is the absolute worst. Brutal radio. I could listen to baseball nerd stuff all day over that.

Also, I'm a golf guy, so I like BITB's golf stuff. Don't mind smoke and fire. Don't like racing.

Gottlieb is the best sports radio I've listened to, by far my favorite host.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »
If you really think that's how you spell professional, you're a dumbass. Stay on point or don't post.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 07, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »

That's fair. His guests are baller if you ask me. Gottlieb is can't miss radio. I love his segments with Kevin Harlan because they often talk about media in sports. Also, his interviews with Frank were great back when Frank was our guy.

sure petro has the best guests, but don't confuse  petro with his guests.  petro is the idiot that is dumb enough to try to go toe to toe with his guests and continually gets clowned because he, contrary to popular belief, doesn't know crap about what he's talking about 90% of the time. 

he has the reputation that he does though, and for a lot of people that's good enough.  he relies on doug and curtis to google everything.

ah, great stuff as always though guys

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:30 PM »
Used to like Gottlieb a little, but he is most often wrong on many of his stances.  He also gets stuck on a subject and talks it into the ground, I know he has to fill time but still overkills it. Lastly, Gottlieb can't help but talk about his kids and raising them, no one wants to hear about your kids or pets , it's a fact.

Rome is the best at mixing it up on his show and nobody can make fun of their audience and make them come back for more like Rome.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 07, 2013, 12:19:16 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 07, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »

sure petro has the best guests, but don't confuse  petro with his guests.  petro is the idiot that is dumb enough to try to go toe to toe with his guests and continually gets clowned because he, contrary to popular belief, doesn't know crap about what he's talking about 90% of the time. 

he has the reputation that he does though, and for a lot of people that's good enough.  he relies on doug and curtis to google everything.

ah, great stuff as always though guys

I still think he's pretty good.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 07, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »
What time slit is Gottlieb on at 102.5?  I wonder if that means he won't be on Petro's show during college bball season anymore?  The only time i ever listen to Petro is when DG is on.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 07, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »
i hate petro, he's a bcj

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 07, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »
Used to like Gottlieb a little, but he is most often wrong on many of his stances.  He also gets stuck on a subject and talks it into the ground, I know he has to fill time but still overkills it. Lastly, Gottlieb can't help but talk about his kids and raising them, no one wants to hear about your kids or pets , it's a fact.

Rome is the best at mixing it up on his show and nobody can make fun of their audience and make them come back for more like Rome.

what in the blue eff did i just read?