Author Topic: RANKINGS...  (Read 130415 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: RANKINGS...
« Reply #675 on: August 02, 2016, 10:47:30 PM »
http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Not bad at all. LOL at ISU slumming with Fordam and Holy Cross.

yeah, will take
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 02, 2016, 11:03:35 PM »
6th all time state school
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 03, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
How they putting Army that low and Nebraska that high.  Seems like a double standard.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 03, 2016, 08:42:03 PM »
How they putting Army that low and Nebraska that high.  Seems like a double standard.

um...

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 04, 2016, 11:36:47 AM »

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 04, 2016, 11:41:35 AM »
http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

:shakesfist:

how many top 10 road w's do our cats have? ou in 2012...and ?? be good to get another on sept 2.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 04, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »
Do not want.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 04, 2016, 09:42:16 PM »

um...

How is Nebraska ahead of Miami?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 04, 2016, 09:44:20 PM »

um...

do people not know nebraska was really good for a really long time?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 04, 2016, 09:53:19 PM »

um...

Old people do
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #686 on: August 04, 2016, 10:05:03 PM »
#blessed

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 05, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »

um...

Old people do

Yeah, but younger than people who can remember Army ever being good and the same age as people who can remember Miami being good.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 19, 2016, 11:31:10 AM »
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Receiving 4 votes in the coaches.  :Woot:

The Big Train

« Reply #689 on: September 20, 2016, 09:46:08 PM »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 20, 2016, 10:28:13 PM »
 :excited:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 05, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »
Athlons way early top 25 for next year https://athlonsports.com/college-football/very-early-college-football-top-25-2017

18. Kansas State
Looking for a dark horse title pick in the Big 12 next year? Take a look at LHC Bill Snyder’s Wildcats. Kansas State quietly finished 2016 at 9-4 and returns most of its core from both sides of the ball. On offense, quarterback Jesse Ertz is back after rushing for 1,012 yards and 12 scores last season, and running back Alex Barnes could be one of the Big 12’s top breakout players. Byron Pringle and Dominique Heath return at receiver, and the Wildcats should have one of the conference’s best offensive lines with four starters returning. End Jordan Willis is a big loss on defense, but cornerback D.J. Reed (the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year in 2016) and linebacker Elijah Lee headline the key returnees. Big 12 frontrunner Oklahoma is slated to visit Manhattan in mid-October next year.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 05, 2017, 04:30:10 PM »
On the topic of whether or not we'll be ranked in the final AP poll this year....i'm afraid the answer is no.

We're currently ranked 38th.  I arbitrarily picked 17 as the cutoff point to those teams that could drop from the T25 as a result of losing their bowl games.  Five teams ranked 17th or lower lost:  17. Auburn (L OU); 21 Iowa (L Florida); 22 PITT (L Chicago's big 10 Team) 23 Temple (L Wake) 24 Nubb (L VOLS).  Assuming ALL of those teams drop from the top 25 that leaves 5 teams who could sneak in and take their spots. 

Of the teams who were RV but not ranked in the AP poll (of which their were 13) 8 won their bowl games.  Here are my predictos for RV teams that will be ranked by Season's end.

Utah (ranked 27th, W over Indiana); Tennessee (ranked 33rd, W over UNL); SDSU (ranked 34th W over Houston); and Miami (Ranked 36th, W over WVU).  Auburn will probably still be ranked.  Although with 5 losses, maybe not.  If Auburn is out then I bet GT takes their spot.

Air Force was receiving more votes than Tennessee, but I don't think Air Force's W over South Alabama carries as much weight as the others.   

I bet the Cats receive about the 27th most votes.  I expect the RV group to look something like Georgia Tech, KSU, AFA, Nubb and so on.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 05, 2017, 04:35:05 PM »
Get a life dlew, good grief

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 05, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
I made a little chart the other day when I was bored.  When I saw this thread pop back up I thought I'd share my findings with my bros.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 05, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »
I agree dlew, I was thinking it would be a long shot to be ranked at the end of this year. Which is fine, w/e. But I fully expect to start next season in the 21-25 range. I think Athlon's pick of #18 would be a stretch.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 05, 2017, 05:50:57 PM »
I agree dlew, I was thinking it would be a long shot to be ranked at the end of this year. Which is fine, w/e. But I fully expect to start next season in the 21-25 range. I think Athlon's pick of #18 would be a stretch.

Eh, the more I look at the teams they have us above, and the ones that are IMO perpetually overrated (Tennessee, Georgia) LSU will be good of course but from the write up they look like they lose a ton of dudes. I'm mildly shocked Louisville is as low as they are with Lamar Jackson returning. Oh well, typical "let's put like 50% of the SEC in the 8-20 spots" mentality. Not changing our preseason ranking, just with as much as we return, we should gain a lot of ground. tOSU will be stupid good next year.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 06, 2017, 06:56:26 AM »
18 seems about right but I wouldn't be shocked if we started as high as 15.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 06, 2017, 04:55:19 PM »
Athlons way early top 25 for next year https://athlonsports.com/college-football/very-early-college-football-top-25-2017

18. Kansas State
Looking for a dark horse title pick in the Big 12 next year? Take a look at LHC Bill Snyder’s Wildcats. Kansas State quietly finished 2016 at 9-4 and returns most of its core from both sides of the ball. On offense, quarterback Jesse Ertz is back after rushing for 1,012 yards and 12 scores last season, and running back Alex Barnes could be one of the Big 12’s top breakout players. Byron Pringle and Dominique Heath return at receiver, and the Wildcats should have one of the conference’s best offensive lines with four starters returning. End Jordan Willis is a big loss on defense, but cornerback D.J. Reed (the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year in 2016) and linebacker Elijah Lee headline the key returnees. Big 12 frontrunner Oklahoma is slated to visit Manhattan in mid-October next year.

:angry:
bears are fast...

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 07, 2017, 07:12:52 PM »

18. Kansas State
Looking for a dark horse title pick in the Big 12 next year? Take a look at LHC LHC Bill Snyder’s Wildcats. Kansas State quietly finished 2016 at 9-4 and returns most of its core from both sides of the ball. On offense, quarterback Jesse Ertz is back after rushing for 1,012 yards and 12 scores last season, and running back Alex Barnes could be one of the Big 12’s top breakout players. Byron Pringle and Dominique Heath return at receiver, and the Wildcats should have one of the conference’s best offensive lines with four starters returning. End Jordan Willis is a big loss on defense, but cornerback D.J. Reed (the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year in 2016) and linebacker Elijah Lee headline the key returnees. Big 12 frontrunner Oklahoma is slated to visit Manhattan in mid-October next year.

:angry:

There goes our top 25 ranking.... cannot we not Michael Beasley this situation and just move his mom to Manhattan and get her gainfully employed for just one more year?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW