Author Topic: Currie really hates basketball (WHAT NOW CAPTAIN CRAP?)  (Read 24465 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Currie really hates basketball (WHAT NOW CAPTAIN CRAP?)
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »
I wonder if currie offered to have KSU take a smaller chunk to get us the FSN deal done

I will retract some hate if this is the case.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2012, 03:10:14 PM »
I wonder if currie offered to have KSU take a smaller chunk to get us the FSN deal done

I will retract some hate if this is the case.

Didn't even take an airplane banner threat this time.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2012, 03:11:50 PM »
If you took from this:

"1. Ath Dept, and Currie specifically, are not at all involved in negoations. It is the job of the rights holder (Learfield / K-State Sports Properties) to negotiate on behalf of K-State, they are the ones making/rejecting offers."

That John Currie was getting ready to get involved and save the day, you are indeed a rocket surgeon and are way smarter than me. Apologies.

no, i took cc saying he wasn't involved in the past when things weren't getting done, to cc now saying adjc has been involved in helping get things done, to mean that adjc got involved and helped get things moving towards resolution. 

tin foil hats are popular around here but i've got a beautiful head of hair (i'm in sales) and refuse to wear them.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »
Reported today that 3 other Big 12 schools got their 3rd tier deals done with Fox.  I'm glad Currie moved mountains to make us the 4th!

Excellent, but not my fave. Keep at it!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
If you took from this:

"1. Ath Dept, and Currie specifically, are not at all involved in negoations. It is the job of the rights holder (Learfield / K-State Sports Properties) to negotiate on behalf of K-State, they are the ones making/rejecting offers."

That John Currie was getting ready to get involved and save the day, you are indeed a rocket surgeon and are way smarter than me. Apologies.

no, i took cc saying he wasn't involved in the past when things weren't getting done, to cc now saying adjc has been involved in helping get things done, to mean that adjc got involved and helped get things moving towards resolution. 

tin foil hats are popular around here but i've got a beautiful head of hair (i'm in sales) and refuse to wear them.

Pro-tip: Exacerbates your Bell's palsy-ness (that you don't have :thumbsup:).  Less hair makes your head look smaller and therefore less obese.  :thumbs:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »
Reported today that 3 other Big 12 schools got their 3rd tier deals done with Fox.  I'm glad Currie moved mountains to make us the 4th!

Hey, I'm just looking forward to the story of Currie's heroic efforts on this issue. 

OT: any chance he'll fight me in a big event inside the former OOD or somewhere with all proceeds going to the winner's charity (#fatty4ksu)?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
If you took from this:

Pro-tip: Exacerbates your Bell's palsy-ness (that you don't have :thumbsup:).  Less hair makes your head look smaller and therefore less obese.  :thumbs:

during/after chicago =MODS=PAK, i've grown a beard because of how great michigancat looked with his.  even more hair = even less bell's.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Currie really hates basketball (WHAT NOW CAPTAIN CRAP?)
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2012, 04:02:22 PM »
Man, maybe I'll blow out a beard?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »

CC,

In your opinion, what are the odds that I will be able to see my KSU cats on KC airwaves without changing my cable provider?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »
If you took from this:

during/after chicago =MODS=PAK, i've grown a beard because of how great michigancat looked with his.  even more hair = even less bell's.

Fighting fire with fire.  :thumbs:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »
Well, when I read Kansas State University Athletic Director John Currie's last newsletter.   Because, well, unlike some I actually pay attention and understand that you can find out lots of stuff on this crazy Internet thingy . . . you know, instead of rehashing dumbass "Fire Snyder" threads from 2010 . . . but I digress.

Had you read the newsletter completely, you would have noticed this:

5:30 p.m. - I arrive back at the DFW airport to meet with Learfield Sports executive VP Andy Rawlings. Learfield Sports is our multi-media rights holder and partner. It does a great job managing our corporate partnerships, our signage and videoboard, as well as the radio network and third-tier TV. In those rapidly evolving areas there is always much to catch up on and strategize about.

Now, being a brilliant mind, I quickly told myself, "You know Dax, I bet that John Currie's talking about that whole Fox Sports KC thing with that Andy Rawling's guy from Learfield."    That's just how I roll.   I kept it myself so I could then  :lol: as the Too Cool for School crowd continued their usual inane and infantile meltdown in this thread.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2012, 05:30:18 PM »
Good job posting that when you read it daxdumbass

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2012, 05:32:29 PM »
Good job posting that when you read it daxdumbass

Don't be mad.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2012, 06:13:03 PM »
Deal with FSN is close. Credit should go to ADJC when done.

So it wasn't the AD's fault when this crap got stupid, but now that it's going to get fixed it's all to Curries credit?

hmmmmmm....seems a lot like the religious people/God dynamic...  :barf:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
T-Y, lukeoflukeluke.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3457.msg595161#msg595161

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3457.msg595167#msg595167

That's the football board, and posted with no comment . . . BFD.

Word

Let's just sit tight until we hear about the herculean efforts made by John Currie to wrest back control from the evil Learfield people down the hall and make the same deal 1/3 of the rest of the conference just did as well.  I'm just glad we had a hand in motivating this reversal of fortune.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
T-Y, lukeoflukeluke.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3457.msg595161#msg595161

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3457.msg595167#msg595167

That's the football board, and posted with no comment . . . BFD.

Word

Let's just sit tight until we hear about the herculean efforts made by John Currie to wrest back control from the evil Learfield people down the hall and make the same deal 1/3 of the rest of the conference just did as well.  I'm just glad we had a hand in motivating this reversal of fortune.

Okay

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2012, 07:43:48 PM »

i haven't shaved in close to two weeks now.  :dance:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

i haven't shaved in close to two weeks now.  :dance:

:surprised:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2012, 08:05:02 PM »
michigancat!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
If you took from this:

Well Mr. Clams & CC the $56.29 question is if this is about Currie riding in to save the day, why didn't it happen sooner?  We have already lost programming because the FSKC deal isn't done.  This is why when this was brought up two weeks ago and we were led to believe that Currie had no control we gave a collective  :rolleyes:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
i don't know any more than anyone else here but since you asked, i'll give you my guess as to what took place.  but first it's important to clear up an issue in your post.  cc never posted that currie had no control, he posted that it wasn't currie who was negotiating with fox sports.  i hope you never thought that currie had no control, you seem smarter than that.  anyway, there's a difference there which i'm sure you're able to discern. 

here's my guess as to what happened-

fact- learfield owns negotiating responsibilities as our rights holder.

guess- currie trusted that they would come to an agreement with fox sports to work out a deal and stayed out of it.

fact- learfield and fox sports didn't come to an agreement.  learfield asked for too much.

guess- currie underestimated learfields ability to negotiate a deal.

guess- currie, two weeks ago and once it came out that the two sides weren't able to work out a deal, began pressuring learfield to get a deal done.  while he can't negotiate w/ fox sports, he can certainly negotiate with learfield as it relates to K-State and Learfield's future relationship together.

guess- learfield, reacting to currie's involvement and pressure, went back to the table with fox sports with more reasonable terms for both sides.

guess- the situation will be resolved in short order.  and it very well may have been worked out w/o adjc's involvement.  or maybe not. 

does any of this really matter, it's resolved.  sorry you missed out on a vball game. 

:dunno:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
Its cool that it got worked out but is also BS that the deal got botched originally.  Kinda casts a bit of doubt on our relationship with Learfield.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »
Its cool that it got worked out but is also BS that the deal got botched originally.  Kinda casts a bit of doubt on our relationship with Learfield.

it's really not a big deal, this happens all the time.  did you know that i missed an episode of the bachelor this summer when kc's local ABC affiliate owner, hearst, couldn't come to terms with time warner?  it sucked.