Author Topic: What is a good mattress  (Read 5688 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: What is a good mattress
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »
King size or GTFO!   :blank:

This is inarguable. Never settle for anything but a king, mattress-wise. The more room the better.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »
I've been looking for a new mattress. I don't like the foam mattresses. They feel funny.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2013, 09:10:56 AM »
just sprung for a king size tempur-pedic cloud luxe and pillows.  it'll be here tomorrow. :excited:

Did this about two yrs ago.  Love that bed.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 09:28:41 AM »
very happy with our Serta iComfort.      Tempurpedic made me too hot.  The iComfort has a different foam on top that helps.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »
Whatever you do, make sure you don't buy your mattress from those squawks that own Mattress Hub. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2013, 10:50:19 AM »
I'm going to invent a bed that is exactly like the passenger seat of a car.   

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »
Whatever you do, make sure you don't buy your mattress from those squawks that own Mattress Hub.

:horrorsurprise: :embarrassed:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 11:25:34 AM »

One of em used to be a BatHawk.  :shakesfist:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 12:13:34 PM »

One of em used to be a BatHawk.  :shakesfist:

And a fellow grizzly bear.   :runaway:   :sdeek:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 01:54:34 PM »
just sprung for a king size tempur-pedic cloud luxe and pillows.  it'll be here tomorrow. :excited:

bonus: I met bonus spends on 4 different cards. :dance:

Give a detailed report.
delivered this morning.  the "off gassing" or smell isn't nearly as bad as some dumbasses make it out to be in reviews.  it's slightly stronger than most other new mattresses, but not by much.  obviously more firm than the one in the store, but that's to be expected. 

I waited way too long to upgrade mattresses and my old one was starting to take a toll on my body, so I'll probably go to bed at like 7:00 tonight.  I'll try and remember to update tomorrow.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »

Give a detailed report.
delivered this morning.  the "off gassing" or smell isn't nearly as bad as some dumbasses make it out to be in reviews.  it's slightly stronger than most other new mattresses, but not by much.  obviously more firm than the one in the store, but that's to be expected. 

I waited way too long to upgrade mattresses and my old one was starting to take a toll on my body, so I'll probably go to bed at like 7:00 tonight.  I'll try and remember to update tomorrow.

Our guy told us to walk on it to break it in for a while before using it.  We let the kids get on it and go nuts for like an hour. 

Love that bed. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2013, 02:52:31 PM »
I would have figured out a better way to break it in.   :fatty:
@mikec2w

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2013, 03:11:27 PM »

Give a detailed report.

Our guy told us to walk on it to break it in for a while before using it.  We let the kids get on it and go nuts for like an hour. 

Love that bed.
our guy told us the same thing and I had the same thought!  :D
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2013, 04:44:34 PM »

That's his rough ridin' wife you're talking about man.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2013, 04:46:56 PM »

That's his rough ridin' wife you're talking about man.

As long as it is him with his wife I see no problem....JFC, who do you think I am?  Wackycat?
@mikec2w

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 01:09:27 AM »
Tempurpedic Cloud. King size. It has dual chambers.

Fing love it.  Costs like four grand, though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: What is a good mattress
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »

Yeah, but every night you laydown on it you tell your self that it was one of the best purchases you have ever made.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »

Give a detailed report.
first night was good.  it's going to take some getting used to.  my body felt significantly better when I woke up this morning.  I did wake up a few times in the middle of the night, but i think that was probably because it's such a different feel than a "traditional" mattress. it's also probably going to take a few weeks to really break it in.  I'll try to update in a few weeks.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2013, 07:56:11 PM »

Yeah, but every night you laydown on it you tell your self that it was one of the best purchases you have ever made.

No, I just sleep.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2013, 03:13:20 PM »
update: keep waking up sweating on the side that I'm laying on and cold on the other side because I've just got a sheet on. :frown: I've always slept really hot and this just makes it so much worse.  think I'm gonna take it back and try the serta icomfort wellbeing.  apparently the gel is supposed to help, but the guy at the store said that "tests" showed that the new tempurpedic hd foam in the cloud luxe is cooler than gel. guess I'll find out.  I really hope I can find a cooler memory foam because I love it other than the whole waking up cold/sweating part.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2013, 03:17:20 PM »
update: keep waking up sweating on the side that I'm laying on and cold on the other side because I've just got a sheet on. :frown: I've always slept really hot and this just makes it so much worse.  think I'm gonna take it back and try the serta icomfort wellbeing.  apparently the gel is supposed to help, but the guy at the store said that "tests" showed that the new tempurpedic hd foam in the cloud luxe is cooler than gel. guess I'll find out.  I really hope I can find a cooler memory foam because I love it other than the whole waking up cold/sweating part.

Gross.  Maybe you should keep the mattress and go to a doctor. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »

I'm a warm sleeper, and the iComfort has been fine.    We have the Revolution or something...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
I am a warm sleeper too and was super worried about this when I bought my tempur.   One tip, if you like the bed but get too hot, try sleeping in a tshirt or tanktop or something.   When I do, it is perfect. When I don't, outside of winter, I get a little hot.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 03:42:34 PM »
I am a warm sleeper too and was super worried about this when I bought my tempur.   One tip, if you like the bed but get too hot, try sleeping in a tshirt or tanktop or something.   When I do, it is perfect. When I don't, outside of winter, I get a little hot.

Why would putting on a T-shirt or tank top help me stay cool?

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
you can return a sweated up mattress?  what do they do with it?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."