Author Topic: Speaking of oscar-ketball  (Read 52937 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #300 on: August 18, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »
Anyways, calling out CC for questioning someones support is stupid. A lot of people say a lot more inflammatory crap than that.  CC shouldn't have to write an apology essay and everyone doesn't need to get super sensitive just because he works in the AD.  Hamburglar, I don't question your EMAW but I also don't give a crap if your feelings got hurt over that comment (not that you've been the one bitching about it).

no one's bitching about crap.  some people (not necessarily him) think we should all meekly swallow whatever load of crap cc is trying offload on the gullible public in gratitude that he posts here at all.  which is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), his posts are as fair game for disagreement, refutation or mockery as anyone's.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 18, 2012, 07:09:10 PM »
Anyways, calling out CC for questioning someones support is stupid. A lot of people say a lot more inflammatory crap than that.  CC shouldn't have to write an apology essay and everyone doesn't need to get super sensitive just because he works in the AD.  Hamburglar, I don't question your EMAW but I also don't give a crap if your feelings got hurt over that comment (not that you've been the one bitching about it).

no one's bitching about crap.  some people (not necessarily him) think we should all meekly swallow whatever load of crap cc is trying offload on the gullible public in gratitude that he posts here at all.  which is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), his posts are as fair game for disagreement, refutation or mockery as anyone's.

No question about it. I'm human, I eff up sometimes and I post emotionally sometimes. Dont want a free pass just cuz I know stuff.

I dont think I'm trying to offload crap on people. I post what I know, or what I think based off what I know. On this subject it is going to be difficult for alot of people to look past emotional investments made in people, for both good and bad.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 18, 2012, 07:51:09 PM »
I dont think I'm trying to offload crap on people.

it's in your very name; in your nature.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 18, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
The "he hasn't coached a game" argument is pretty embarrassing. Is this the company line in Bramlage?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 18, 2012, 08:02:39 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 18, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »
The "he hasn't coached a game" argument is pretty embarrassing. Is this the company line in Bramlage?

Just my opinion, man. No idea what the "company line" in Bramlage, I dont think there is one.

I hope K-State basketball does well, and so therefore I hope oscar does a good job. I'm willing to let him prove how good of a job he can do here. if it doesn't meet my standards, as a fan and alum i would voice my displeasure.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 18, 2012, 08:37:22 PM »
and i think people should buy season tickets  ;)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 18, 2012, 08:51:05 PM »

Currie's line was that he's coached and won a shitload more games than Frank and accordingly is better.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »

Currie's line was that he's coached and won a shitload more games than Frank and accordingly is better.

Yeah, that was pretty damn stupid on Currie's part.

I don't like how KSU has framed the Weber hire.  They won't come out and say why they hired him (obviously), but don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.  I can compartmentalize the "why" and live with it, but it wasn't some sort of coup that we should all be doing cartwheels over.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »

Yeah, that was pretty damn stupid on Currie's part.

I don't like how KSU has framed the Weber hire.  They won't come out and say why they hired him (obviously), but don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.  I can compartmentalize the "why" and live with it, but it wasn't some sort of coup that we should all be doing cartwheels over.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what we think. A fair amount (not all) of the national media that doesn't bother to pay close attention to us--think ESPN who doesn't know anything in-depth about our program--have eaten this hire up and called it a solid way to recover from Frank Martin leaving. As long as Currie's decision-making acumen is being praised nationally, our opinions mean nothing. The only time they ever will is if the big donors revolt, and the donors aren't going to revolt until at least year 3 or 4 if Weber sinks like most of us think he will.

Sure, Currie's torched his chances among schools that have a history of doing things under the table, but he's essentially raised his profile amongst schools that are obsessed with winning "the right way" or are about to get slammed/have been slammed by NCAA sanctions and need a new athletic director to come in and give an appearance of cleaning things up to the outside world. Considering how many schools are in the crosshairs of the NCAA these days, it's not necessarily a bad image for Currie to have.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »
The thing is, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what we think.

Of course it matters what we think.  If you hate your job, you'll leave.  Frank taught us that.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »

Of course it matters what we think.  If you hate your job, you'll leave.  Frank taught us that.

And there's no way Currie will get to that point until the tucks turn. That said, I'm certainly not encouraging anyone to quell their dissent. Letting top officials make decisions in a vacuum without any criticism is a recipe for disaster.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2012, 10:34:03 PM »

I think he's already actively trying, though.

Not that it matters in the context of this conversation.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2012, 10:38:03 PM »

The thing is, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what we think. A fair amount (not all) of the national media that doesn't bother to pay close attention to us--think ESPN who doesn't know anything in-depth about our program--have eaten this hire up and called it a solid way to recover from Frank Martin leaving. As long as Currie's decision-making acumen is being praised nationally, our opinions mean nothing. The only time they ever will is if the big donors revolt, and the donors aren't going to revolt until at least year 3 or 4 if Weber sinks like most of us think he will.

bitb bill reiter didn't. he actually wrote the article that i would have written if i would've written an article. so many absolutely amazing lines. just perfect.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Kansas-State-Wildcats-oscar-Weber-Frank-Martin-John-Currie-new-hire-spells-big-trouble-040112

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:09:23 PM by rick daris »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2012, 10:44:27 PM »
bitb bill reiter didn't. he actually wrote the story that i would have written if i would've written a story. so many absolutely amazing lines in this aricle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Kansas-State-Wildcats-oscar-Weber-Frank-Martin-John-Currie-new-hire-spells-big-trouble-040112

that's a rough ridin' fantastic article.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2012, 11:00:47 PM »

And there's no way Currie will get to that point until the tucks turn. That said, I'm certainly not encouraging anyone to quell their dissent. Letting top officials make decisions in a vacuum without any criticism is a recipe for disaster.

We've already caused Currie to leave where he was supposed to be on 3 different occasions. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 18, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »

Exactly.  If it sucks for him in Manhattan enough, eventually he'll lower his standards to the types of schools willing to hire him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 18, 2012, 11:07:02 PM »
bitb bill reiter didn't. he actually wrote the story that i would have written if i would've written a story. so many absolutely amazing lines in this aricle.

that's a rough ridin' fantastic article.

I don't know why I don't read it more often.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 18, 2012, 11:11:11 PM »

Exactly.  If it sucks for him in Manhattan enough, eventually he'll lower his standards to the types of schools willing to hire him.

Hey, I'm all for whatever gets him out of here faster.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2012, 11:27:51 PM »

Oh, I strongly disagree with CC's backing of Weber.  He is absolutely fair game, thats what makes this place great.  Some people were taking huge offense at his small slight and it seemed way overblown

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2012, 11:30:11 PM »
From butthurt to bitter.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2012, 11:57:22 PM »
Butthurt city

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2012, 01:35:26 AM »

bitb bill reiter didn't. he actually wrote the article that i would have written if i would've written an article. so many absolutely amazing lines. just perfect.

i had the animal read it. he told me it was hateful.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2012, 05:25:58 AM »
I don't completely disagree with that column, but its not balanced in any way.   He should follow up with the same kind of vigor on what its like to deal with the most hot headed, paranoid coach in college basketball (which is saying a lot considering the overall landscape).

And . . . what the NCAA does or doesn't do to UNC basketball will impact my thoughts on Jamar and other things.

Plus, we'll see how things go for Frank at SC since the guy who hired him left 3 months later.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 19, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »
This pic made me remember when Frank used to wear those sweet velour sweat suits on the sidelines.   :cry:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008