Author Topic: Speaking of oscar-ketball  (Read 51811 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2012, 06:33:21 PM »
he didn't even know the words.  frank would have made sure he knew the words.   why pick a song that you don't know the words to?  terrible decision making skills.   currie is probably behind this.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline IlliniTillIDie

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 26, 2012, 12:50:18 AM »

Good job supporting K-State.

Why should he support incompetence?  Does that make any sense at all? 

Maybe he is supporting K State.  The sooner Weber is gone the sooner you can enjoy regular NCAA appearances.

I just ask one thing as a fellow college sports fan. Whether you want to throw your money away on an unenjoyable product in support of your team, just don't dellude yourself into thinking that you enjoy watching ugly, uncoordinated, and unskilled basketball.  At that point you are hurting KSU because you will be enabling inadequacy. 

#### oscar Weber.  Right in his ear.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 26, 2012, 01:04:22 AM »
What if he just really hated you guys and this is all a big practical joke on Illinois in the end?  :dunno:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 26, 2012, 02:14:32 AM »
What if he just really hated you guys and this is all a big practical joke on Illinois in the end?  :dunno:
lol wut?
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 26, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »
came across these guys this weekend in chicago

http://chicago.metromix.com/events/mmxchi-chicagoten-alumni-challenge-bar-crawl-event

i approached the group of illinois alumni guys and asked them if they were mad that weber was gone.  without flinching, the guy says "if oscar weber were here right now, i would stab him.  we all would."

i was like, ya i get it that you're pissed he left and that he's ours now, no reason for violence :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 26, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »
man, they sound like jilted lovers.  oh well, their loss is our gain.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2012, 05:28:50 PM »
Currie decided frank was simply not worth the trouble (in curries opinion) of keeping around. If it was football, frank would have been on a much longer leash. Currie didn't do a thing to take care of frank beyond the absolutely necessary for a long period of time, basically begging him to take a job elsewhere. Currie made a simple risk/reward assessment, and basketball wasn't worth the "risk" (maybe a better word is headache). Most on here are already of course aware of all this, I just post it on response to the people who keep repeating the "frank left the first opportunity he had". This is true, but there were clear reasons forcing his hand. You could also even argue that frank deserved it. Both guys are ridiculously stubborn and came off as rough ridin' assholes in the whole situation. These characteristics are not surprising considering their respective professions, success, and personalities. It was simply not a relationship that was going to last. And it's perfectly reasonable to hate on both men.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »
Curries whole flabbergasted "AW SUCKS I DUNNO WHAT HAPPENED GUYS I DID EVERYTHING I COULD" charade afterwards probably deserves a large share of hate and was sad to watch.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:53 PM »
sys, I think you can go ahead and put Benja on the Nazi watch list

Sent from my GT-S5830M using Tapatalk 2
:adios:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 04, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »
I loved frank so much

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 04, 2012, 07:11:03 PM »
Currie decided frank was simply not worth the trouble (in curries opinion) of keeping around. If it was football, frank would have been on a much longer leash. Currie didn't do a thing to take care of frank beyond the absolutely necessary for a long period of time, basically begging him to take a job elsewhere. Currie made a simple risk/reward assessment, and basketball wasn't worth the "risk" (maybe a better word is headache). Most on here are already of course aware of all this, I just post it on response to the people who keep repeating the "frank left the first opportunity he had". This is true, but there were clear reasons forcing his hand. You could also even argue that frank deserved it. Both guys are ridiculously stubborn and came off as rough ridin' assholes in the whole situation. These characteristics are not surprising considering their respective professions, success, and personalities. It was simply not a relationship that was going to last. And it's perfectly reasonable to hate on both men.

yep

catzacker

« Reply #361 on: September 04, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »
After Snyder 2011, I can't trust this board's Weber predictions.

i enjoyed this post.  not because I agree with it, but it's good ol' fashioned bbs'ing.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2012, 08:13:40 PM »
I should probably clarify a couple things. Everything I post is probably not admittedly 100% dead on, but I would bet it's pretty damn close. I used to work in the athletic dept as a lowly barely paid intern, but still
Keep in touch with many friends that have moved up in the ad since that point. This frank/currie situation really was pretty mumped. Martin's "loyalty" talk really wasn't bullshit. Frank really is from the rough ridin' streets, and lives by street morals. Currie is a money man. Again, this is nothing new, I just feel it needs to be stated because frank really could of been a great coach for us for a long while. But considering the dynamics between the two personalities, this crap was just never going to last. It's fascinating. Reality tv show material. I'll always love frank. But he's a stubborn bad person by definition. Currie is a good ad and has and will continue to do good thing for us. But he's a money man, and without a doubt a stubborn bad person as well. That's really all there is too it. Go state.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:18:20 PM by Benja »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2012, 08:16:18 PM »
I should probably clarify a couple things. Everything I post is probably not admittedly 100% dead on, but I would bet it's pretty damn close. I used to work in the athletic dept as a lowly barely paid intern, but still
Keep in touch with many friends that have moved up in the ad since that point. This frank/currie situation really was pretty mumped. Martin's "loyalty" talk really wasn't bullshit. Frank really is from the rough ridin' streets, and lives by street morals. Currie is a money man. Again, this is nothing new, I just feel it needs to be stated because frank really could of been a great coach for us for a long while. But considering the dynamics between the two personalities, this crap was just never going to last. It's fascinating. Reality tv show material. I'll always love frank. But he's a stubborn bad person by definition. Currie is a good ad and has and will continue to do good thing for us. But he's a money man, and without a doubt and stubborn rough ridin' bad person. Go state.

A million times this.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »
It could have lasted if they weren't both complete dumbfucks. I think both could learn from the experience and maybe not be as big of dumbfucks in the future.

Chalking it up to, "well, their personalities just clashed" is bullshit and lets them both off the hook too easily.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
It could have lasted if they weren't both complete dumbfucks. I think both could learn from the experience and maybe not be as big of dumbfucks in the future.

Chalking it up to, "well, their personalities just clashed" is bullshit and lets them both off the hook too easily.

It became more important to each of them to "win" whatever conflict was going on than to act in the best interest of the university and themselves.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »

I totally agree

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2012, 09:10:33 PM »
So.....are we going to be going through the same conversation every week? 2 weeks? What are we looking at here?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2012, 09:13:42 PM »
So.....are we going to be going through the same conversation every week? 2 weeks? What are we looking at here?

I think it's seriously almost run its course.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2012, 09:14:50 PM »

This is Cat hoops for the next 6 years.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2012, 09:15:51 PM »

Seems that way

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2012, 09:16:25 PM »

Just wait til the first bad loss.  It'll be this conversation x10

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »
K state sports, as usual, is fascinating

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2012, 09:20:56 PM »

This is Cat hoops for the next 6 years.

Yeah

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »
Do you MHK'rs see Currie out and about?