Author Topic: Doyel: Look for little brother to cheer against KSU.  (Read 842 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Doyel: Look for little brother to cheer against KSU.
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:37:57 PM »
Just as I expected.

1. K-State got the hose: Unless you're a Kansas fan, you have to feel sort of bad for Kansas State. The Wildcats earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament, which means they get to stay close to home, but that means a trip to Oklahoma City ... where Kansas fans will be running amok. The pod system is sending Kansas, the top overall seed, and its mini-group from the Midwest Regional to Oklahoma City along with the mini-group from the West Regional led by Kansas State. Look for Kansas fans to scoop up most of the tickets and show up at the arena with two thoughts in mind: cheer for the Jayhawks and boo Kansas State.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Doyel: Look for little brother to cheer against KSU.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:39:43 PM »
Why wouldn't you want to meet a team you are 3-0 against in the final 4?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:08 PM »
God dammit.  We have a lot to learn about both the tournament and being scumbags.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:13 PM »
Just as I expected.

1. K-State got the hose: Unless you're a Kansas fan, you have to feel sort of bad for Kansas State. The Wildcats earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament, which means they get to stay close to home, but that means a trip to Oklahoma City ... where Kansas fans will be running amok. The pod system is sending Kansas, the top overall seed, and its mini-group from the Midwest Regional to Oklahoma City along with the mini-group from the West Regional led by Kansas State. Look for Kansas fans to scoop up most of the tickets and show up at the arena with two thoughts in mind: cheer for the Jayhawks and boo Kansas State.

Are they suggesting that our fans are unable to purchase tickets?  Or that our fans are big enough dumb-asses to watch game just to specifically boo a particular team?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 11:43:40 PM »
He feels strongly about the disadvantage apparently, because he goes on to say this....

Yet here's Syracuse, a No. 1 seed from New York, facing the potential of a game in the regional final against BYU in Salt Lake City. That's what my bracket says will happen, actually. Which means it's impossible. So never mind.