Author Topic: your favorite tv show ever  (Read 14514 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: your favorite tv show ever
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »
LAS VEGAS!!!!

jk, but kinda serious.  If I'm in front of a T.V. in the 11am-1pm time slot, you bet your ass I'm watching Las Vegas re-runs on TNT.  I literally can't start watching one and not finish, it's saddening.

Last time I went to Vegas we stayed at the Montecito.  It's much nicer than it looks on TV

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »

they're making an ALF movie.  ALF will be cgi.   

:flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2012, 07:22:12 PM »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
If I was on a desert island and the only show I could watch was "Cheaters," then I would not choose that situation.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
your favorite tv show ever
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2012, 10:46:21 PM »
If I was on a desert island and the only show I could watch was "Cheaters," then I would not choose that situation.

Dunno. TV can't get much better than when the host got stabbed on camera.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2012, 10:56:50 PM »

That was fake.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
your favorite tv show ever
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »

That was fake.

That's fake.

Offline CanConfirm

• Fan
  • Mercurial MS Paint enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2012, 07:53:47 AM »
Hey, Gang. Your old pal CanCo here with a pretty big DNR. Normally I only like to post on KSU Cat-related topics, but I had to post in this one.

I’ve seen virtually every show that’s been mentioned in this thread. RD and Dlew, I agree that the Wonder Years is great. Jakesie60 and KatKid, Breaking Bad is my favorite show currently on TV and one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. 

But it’s AppleJack who has it right.

I’m going to just guess that those of you who have said anything besides “The Wire” just haven’t gotten around to seeing it yet. There’s literally (literally) nothing like it. Literally. It’s the only show I’ve seen every episode for, and want to watch them all again. It’s the only show worthy of an entire class at Harvard University (one of our sister schools). It’s the only show that I would bet dollars to Daylight Donuts SD would watch at least two episodes.

To put some of the shows mentioned in this thread in KSU Cat Fan terms:

The Wire: 1998 KSU Cats American Football Program
Something you’ll talk about/remember forever that never gets old. You can only really understand both if you experienced them. Aching for something like it to come back. Absolutely amazing, absolutely heartbreaking.

Breaking Bad: 2011 KSU Cats Purple University
A memorable star (Klein/Walt) who is like no one else. Lots of wild rides. Very solid performances from role players, lots of overachieving. Definitely in the conversation for most memorable, but no one who has seen it all would say it was the most talented.

Seinfeld: 2003 KSU State Football Wildcats
Some unforgettable stars and moments. Very high highs. Incredibly talented cast of characters, definitely in the HOF. But if you look at it with a closer lens, some pretty bad swings and misses (Marshall/early seasons of Seinfeld).

HIMYM/BBT: Any Ron Prince/Wooly/Asbury team
Some big moments I guess (?). Some people like mediocrity.

Boy Meets World/Saved By The Bell: Those Krazy Kopper Bowl WildKats
Man oh man does it get any better than this?!  Turns out that it does. It gets way better. But at the time, you think it’s the greatest thing that could ever happen to you.

Do yourself a favor and go down to your local library. ( :cyclist: ) Get a library card. Check out Season 1 if you can.  (If you do it this way, you’ll get to watch the season all at once, rather than waiting on Netflix to send you two episodes at a time.)   Oh, just note: I said “if you can” because the show has been over for like, 8-10 years and it’s still getting checked out on the regular.

Or, spend the $$ and get HBOgo.  (You are  :kstategrad: after all.)

MODS: please change title of this thread to “favorite tv shows [because I haven’t seen The Wire yet]”

FTB. Go ‘Cats.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
Hey, Gang. Your old pal CanCo here with a pretty big DNR. Normally I only like to post on KSU Cat-related topics, but I had to post in this one.

I’ve seen virtually every show that’s been mentioned in this thread. RD and Dlew, I agree that the Wonder Years is great. Jakesie60 and KatKid, Breaking Bad is my favorite show currently on TV and one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. 

But it’s AppleJack who has it right.

I’m going to just guess that those of you who have said anything besides “The Wire” just haven’t gotten around to seeing it yet. There’s literally (literally) nothing like it. Literally. It’s the only show I’ve seen every episode for, and want to watch them all again. It’s the only show worthy of an entire class at Harvard University (one of our sister schools). It’s the only show that I would bet dollars to Daylight Donuts SD would watch at least two episodes.

To put some of the shows mentioned in this thread in KSU Cat Fan terms:

The Wire: 1998 KSU Cats American Football Program
Something you’ll talk about/remember forever that never gets old. You can only really understand both if you experienced them. Aching for something like it to come back. Absolutely amazing, absolutely heartbreaking.

Breaking Bad: 2011 KSU Cats Purple University
A memorable star (Klein/Walt) who is like no one else. Lots of wild rides. Very solid performances from role players, lots of overachieving. Definitely in the conversation for most memorable, but no one who has seen it all would say it was the most talented.

Seinfeld: 2003 KSU State Football Wildcats
Some unforgettable stars and moments. Very high highs. Incredibly talented cast of characters, definitely in the HOF. But if you look at it with a closer lens, some pretty bad swings and misses (Marshall/early seasons of Seinfeld).

HIMYM/BBT: Any Ron Prince/Wooly/Asbury team
Some big moments I guess (?). Some people like mediocrity.

Boy Meets World/Saved By The Bell: Those Krazy Kopper Bowl WildKats
Man oh man does it get any better than this?!  Turns out that it does. It gets way better. But at the time, you think it’s the greatest thing that could ever happen to you.

Do yourself a favor and go down to your local library. ( :cyclist: ) Get a library card. Check out Season 1 if you can.  (If you do it this way, you’ll get to watch the season all at once, rather than waiting on Netflix to send you two episodes at a time.)   Oh, just note: I said “if you can” because the show has been over for like, 8-10 years and it’s still getting checked out on the regular.

Or, spend the $$ and get HBOgo.  (You are  :kstategrad: after all.)

MODS: please change title of this thread to “favorite tv shows [because I haven’t seen The Wire yet]”

FTB. Go ‘Cats.

:thumbs:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2012, 02:03:04 PM »
If that CanCo post doesn't win Post of the Year, we shouldn't have awards.
:adios:

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
i really liked rome. especially the first season, but also the second season a little bit less, but more than other shows.  made me want to stab and eff people.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."