Author Topic: Chick-Fil-A  (Read 34241 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Chick-Fil-A
« Reply #400 on: February 13, 2023, 05:58:40 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 14, 2023, 11:25:28 AM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 14, 2023, 11:32:48 AM »
Popeyes >

He gets us ads are great

I thought they were fine, was even willing to overlook them both siding white supremacy rallies and social justice protests, but them using false pretenses to rally support is a bridge I can't cross

what do you mean the both siding. legit asking.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 14, 2023, 12:26:43 PM »
Popeyes >

He gets us ads are great

I thought they were fine, was even willing to overlook them both siding white supremacy rallies and social justice protests, but them using false pretenses to rally support is a bridge I can't cross

Did you see the ad I'm referring to? It was a lot of contrasting images of people yelling at each other, the theme was, I presume that belief in God could help us move past that. I don't have an issue with that message, at all, I do have an issue with placing images of people protesting for civil rights with those yelling at marching white supremacists and presenting them as if they are the same. The ultimate irony is we know they're are plenty of bigots who rally in the name of God.

The message of those ads need to be a strong rebuke of hate, in the name of God, instead of this everybody love everybody garbage. Christianity has been hijacked by bigots and those stoking division, if you're going to spend $100 million on an ad campaign, instead of feeding the hungry, your campaign must take a stand. This is a marketing campaign for anti abortion support dressed up as a call for unity. I have to tell you, it almost worked on me, I visited hegetsus.com. They will absolutely get some supporters and by extension more funders, but it won't be in the name of pushing past division by insisting on equity.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 14, 2023, 12:33:42 PM »
Popeyes >

He gets us ads are great

Did you see the ad I'm referring to? It was a lot of contrasting images of people yelling at each other, the theme was, I presume that belief in God could help us move past that. I don't have an issue with that message, at all, I do have an issue with placing images of people protesting for civil rights with those yelling at marching white supremacists and presenting them as if they are the same. The ultimate irony is we know they're are plenty of bigots who rally in the name of God.

The message of those ads need to be a strong rebuke of hate, in the name of God, instead of this everybody love everybody garbage. Christianity has been hijacked by bigots and those stoking division, if you're going to spend $100 million on an ad campaign, instead of feeding the hungry, your campaign must take a stand. This is a marketing campaign for anti abortion support dressed up as a call for unity. I have to tell you, it almost worked on me, I visited hegetsus.com. They will absolutely get some supporters and by extension more funders, but it won't be in the name of pushing past division by insisting on equity.

:love:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 14, 2023, 12:36:43 PM »
Popeyes >

He gets us ads are great

:love:

Thanks, glad you agree

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 14, 2023, 01:10:48 PM »
I saw the ad. I don't love the campaign or the money being spent but I thought that particular spot was interesting and thought provoking at least. Didn't quite see it the same as you MIR.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 14, 2023, 01:25:41 PM »
I saw the ad. I don't love the campaign or the money being spent but I thought that particular spot was interesting and thought provoking at least. Didn't quite see it the same as you MIR.

How did you see it?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2023, 10:41:13 AM »

How did you see it?

Sorry, forgot to respond to this. When I saw the spot I assumed it was going to end with "Jesus was spat on and hated too" or something like that. To make it a spot about loving enemies I thought was good, IMO.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 20, 2023, 11:12:36 AM »
I think the campaign shouldn't exist.

I think that what I know of Jesus' message is not well represented by the current faction of his followers that are loud in the public arena right now.  As a non-believer, that isn't 100% up to date on the bible, I think that some of these people are the least christ like that they could be.  I also feel like churches of the christian religion would do well to police their own before trying to do anything else.  Clean up your house before you try to impose your cleanliness standards on mine. 

Again, I am a non-believer.  I recognize what faith has done for some ppl that were close to me when tragedy struck them and I saw that as useful at that time.  However, I have seen many more negative things come from it, outside looking in.  So, maybe all of the above is just my ignorance talking while tempered by my distaste. 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2023, 11:16:04 AM »
there is a lot of unspeakable cruelty done in Jesus' name...which i think is what he would have wanted.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2023, 12:09:12 PM »

I think that what I know of Jesus' message is not well represented by the current faction of his followers that are loud in the public arena right now.  As a non-believer, that isn't 100% up to date on the bible, I think that some of these people are the least christ like that they could be.  I also feel like churches of the christian religion would do well to police their own before trying to do anything else.  Clean up your house before you try to impose your cleanliness standards on mine. 

Again, I am a non-believer.  I recognize what faith has done for some ppl that were close to me when tragedy struck them and I saw that as useful at that time.  However, I have seen many more negative things come from it, outside looking in.  So, maybe all of the above is just my ignorance talking while tempered by my distaste.
I think I agree about the campaign not existing because I don’t understand it’s purpose at all, which indicates it’s not effective.

As far as bad people screaming in Jesus’s name, I think that’s just part of the human condition. Major religions will always attract bad people looking to exploit them to advance their own agendas.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 20, 2023, 12:37:16 PM »

I think I agree about the campaign not existing because I don’t understand it’s purpose at all, which indicates it’s not effective.

As far as bad people screaming in Jesus’s name, I think that’s just part of the human condition. Major religions will always attract bad people looking to exploit them to advance their own agendas.

The campaign exists to bring nonbelievers who care about social injustices into the faith. It falls flat when those people look into the group and figure out that they spend money to perpetuate social injustices.