Author Topic: government is responsible for all successful business  (Read 7916 times)

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
government is responsible for all successful business
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
The biggest driver of innovation in the 20th century was war...I assume government had something with that innovation.

also the space race

Which was driven by war.

Sent from my iPhone using DealWithItBitches.

Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: government is responsible for all successful business
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »
The biggest driver of innovation in the 20th century was war...I assume government had something with that innovation.

also the space race

and, captured alien technology

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »

also the space race

and, captured alien technology

which was driven by the space race

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 05:54:58 PM »
Space and war, the two departments B.O. and dems have/want to cut.  Think about that libtards.  Even when you're pursuing your false premises, mistruths and lies your rough ridin' yourselves.  Hilarious.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 06:27:39 PM »
I don't understand your point of view.  Who in this thread are the lib tards? Libertarians or liberals?  Based on the discussions that have taken place, who is rough ridin' themselves?  I may have missed some hypocrisy, but I feel it is more likely that you're confusing posters.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 10:33:14 PM »
I don't understand your point of view.  Who in this thread are the lib tards? Libertarians or liberals?  Based on the discussions that have taken place, who is rough ridin' themselves?  I may have missed some hypocrisy, but I feel it is more likely that you're confusing posters.

God help us all if the libertarians ever start subscribing to the mindless drivel pouring out of B.O. and the libtards mouth.

Anyone one that thinks space and war are the primary drivers of innovation in this era or any other is either hopelessly naive or so indoctrinated, and therefore ignorant, they can't be taken seriously. I just assumed many of the posts concerning the same were tongue-in-cheek.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2012, 06:49:39 AM »
Anyone that thinks any portion of government can lead innovation clearly doesn't know anyone that works for the government.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 09:00:59 AM »
 :lol:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 09:09:51 AM »
Maybe if the government did not build all of the frickin' roads, we'd all be flying planes today! :lol:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:27:43 AM by dobber »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »
Why do you feel the need to take B.O. out of context here.  That's not at all what he's saying.

Weird how you came full circle from your snotty self righteous little rant. Hypocrite

I do not think I took him out of context.  I'm genuinely confused. 

If what he's saying isn't what I believe it was, I'd be interested to hear (1) what you think he was saying, (2) why he was saying it, (3) why he contradicted himself 3 sentences after he said it and (4) whether or not his apparent argument was in his self interest, . 

Secondly, I'm not a hypocrite.  Participating in something I dislike, because I feel compelled to do so, doesn't make me a hypocrite.  I believe everyone that regularly participates in "discussions" (and I use that word extremely loosely) like the one we're having is prone to polarity, which I think we can all agree, is dangerous.  So it's important to keep that in mind when we do it.

I don't believe my argument was snotty or self-righteous, but I regret if it came across that way.

GMAFB.  You're comment about "all he's saying" is probably further out of context than Dougie's bait and reel comment. 

To read that quote and come up with that interpretation, taken in context, inter alia, with the 3 1/2 years of bitching and moaning about "fair share", the 3 1/2 years of not-so-thinly-veiled class warfare and more recently the ridiculous Jane character, makes you look painfully naive and out of touch.  You are either that, or the hypocrite I accused you of.

Do we really need to be reminded that trucks drive on highways and that checks are delivered via the USPS?  eff no, that's not at all what he's saying. 

If "all he's saying" is that we all benefit from public goods, why frame it so it appears that the "successful" people are just lucky benefactors of public goods and that there's lots of identical people doing the same thing as those "successful" people and it's just not working out?  He does it to set up the phony and non-existent social compact which is in danger of being destroyed.  The social compact where everyone puts in and benefits in proportionate and "fair shares" (as decided by B.O. and crew), the one he needs to set up his straw man.  Unfortunately our country has never been further from this phony social compact, as we have more people putting nothing in while taking more out than ever.

He continues to develop his false premise, that we're all in this together, that we all live by the social compact.  He sets up and burns down the liberals' favorite straw man; that all republicans are against public goods, regulation, etc. (as you called it "pure libertarianism").  Nevermind nobody is debating the country needs roads, bridges and education (and he didn't bother with them in his first 3 1/2 years).  He does this to confuse the republican opposition to the enormous, damning, social welfare state that already exists, and which he wants to expand, as opposition to so-called public goods*.  This of course is to misrepresent that these luck-of-the-draw "successful" people, who would not have anything but for the benefit of the phony social compact (public goods), want to take away the public goods that allowed them to be successful in the first place.  That they want to rip away the very lifeblood of success that would otherwise allow those who haven't been successful (lucky) so they can have it all to themselves, on the back of the working man.

It's a horrifically dishonest message.  It's also a horrifying look into the vision of our society that our elected leader possesses.

It's these types of speeches, which expose the B.O.'s values and morals and which were kept under wraps until now, that are going to propel Romney into the WH in November.  Ironically, Obama is the exact person Fox News portrayed him as, and the more and more he has to talk about something more substantive than Hope and Change, the more people are starting to recognize it and run from it like it has leprosy.

*The part about the government inventing the internet so everyone can make money is so utterly asinine I can't even begin to address it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2012, 02:49:59 AM »
GMAFB.  You're comment about "all he's saying" is probably further out of context than Dougie's bait and reel comment. 

To read that quote and come up with that interpretation, taken in context, inter alia, with the 3 1/2 years of bitching and moaning about "fair share", the 3 1/2 years of not-so-thinly-veiled class warfare and more recently the ridiculous Jane character, makes you look painfully naive and out of touch.  You are either that, or the hypocrite I accused you of.

Do we really need to be reminded that trucks drive on highways and that checks are delivered via the USPS?  eff no, that's not at all what he's saying. 

If "all he's saying" is that we all benefit from public goods, why frame it so it appears that the "successful" people are just lucky benefactors of public goods and that there's lots of identical people doing the same thing as those "successful" people and it's just not working out?  He does it to set up the phony and non-existent social compact which is in danger of being destroyed.  The social compact where everyone puts in and benefits in proportionate and "fair shares" (as decided by B.O. and crew), the one he needs to set up his straw man.  Unfortunately our country has never been further from this phony social compact, as we have more people putting nothing in while taking more out than ever.

He continues to develop his false premise, that we're all in this together, that we all live by the social compact.  He sets up and burns down the liberals' favorite straw man; that all republicans are against public goods, regulation, etc. (as you called it "pure libertarianism").  Nevermind nobody is debating the country needs roads, bridges and education (and he didn't bother with them in his first 3 1/2 years).  He does this to confuse the republican opposition to the enormous, damning, social welfare state that already exists, and which he wants to expand, as opposition to so-called public goods*.  This of course is to misrepresent that these luck-of-the-draw "successful" people, who would not have anything but for the benefit of the phony social compact (public goods), want to take away the public goods that allowed them to be successful in the first place.  That they want to rip away the very lifeblood of success that would otherwise allow those who haven't been successful (lucky) so they can have it all to themselves, on the back of the working man.

It's a horrifically dishonest message.  It's also a horrifying look into the vision of our society that our elected leader possesses.

It's these types of speeches, which expose the B.O.'s values and morals and which were kept under wraps until now, that are going to propel Romney into the WH in November.  Ironically, Obama is the exact person Fox News portrayed him as, and the more and more he has to talk about something more substantive than Hope and Change, the more people are starting to recognize it and run from it like it has leprosy.

*The part about the government inventing the internet so everyone can make money is so utterly asinine I can't even begin to address it.
I typed a pretty long winded and annoying response that I felt uncomfortable with, upon re-reading it, when I think we could progress this discussion more efficiently if you answer the 4 questions in the post you quoted.  I'm not trying to be an bad person, I just think I could better understand your argument if you said exactly what you thought Obama meant and why he was arguing it, why he contradicted himself, and whether it was in his own self-interest.

Before you do, though, I'd like to reiterate that I don't think BO's (sic) argument was necessarily at all profound or new or worthwhile, only that I think that what he was arguing wasn't to the effect of "business owners are in no way responsible for building their businesses."  Which, to my understanding, is what most of his criticizers (in this instance) are claiming his argument was.  If I'm wrong about that*, I'm happy to concede that we both agree on the subject.

*when I say "that" I'm referring specifically to the opinions of those with whom i disagree with about their analysis of the President's argument.  There seems to be some serious confusion focusing solely on the subject of demonstrative pronouns in this whole argument, so I'm trying to be as specific as possible here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:57:07 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:36 AM »
I think the nonsensical contradictory statements can be explained quite easily. It seems his teleprompter was inoperable that day due to the rain.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »
Why do you feel the need to take B.O. out of context here.  That's not at all what he's saying.

Weird how you came full circle from your snotty self righteous little rant. Hypocrite

I do not think I took him out of context.  I'm genuinely confused. 

If what he's saying isn't what I believe it was, I'd be interested to hear (1) what you think he was saying, (2) why he was saying it, (3) why he contradicted himself 3 sentences after he said it and (4) whether or not his apparent argument was in his self interest, . 

Secondly, I'm not a hypocrite.  Participating in something I dislike, because I feel compelled to do so, doesn't make me a hypocrite.  I believe everyone that regularly participates in "discussions" (and I use that word extremely loosely) like the one we're having is prone to polarity, which I think we can all agree, is dangerous.  So it's important to keep that in mind when we do it.

I don't believe my argument was snotty or self-righteous, but I regret if it came across that way.

Honestly enjoyed about 80% of this post as well thought out position, the rest is asinine dribbling that makes all conservatives look like idiots.  I really like the class warfare argument...I mean its not like your corporate master haven't been leveling that gun at middle America for the past 10 years. 

The rest is just a distortion of history.  The staple industries in America which spur innovation, investment, and growth are entirely there because of US government intervention.  My favorite is using rail roads and autos.  The only reasonable response to some of your claims is the willy wonka  meme.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
Honestly enjoyed about 80% of this post as well thought out position, the rest is asinine dribbling that makes all conservatives look like idiots.  I really like the class warfare argument...I mean its not like your corporate master haven't been leveling that gun at middle America for the past 10 years. 

The rest is just a distortion of history.  The staple industries in America which spur innovation, investment, and growth are entirely there because of US government intervention.  My favorite is using rail roads and autos.  The only reasonable response to some of your claims is the willy wonka  meme.

80% well thought has to be some kind of record for the Pit. Thanks.

Also thanks for inserting another libtard favorite strawman, the corpoboogieman.

Seriously, I don't think anyone with a brain is unwilling to recognize the endless class warfare drivel pouring out of B.O.'s mouth, Seriously.

Your comment re: government intervention is hilariously analogous to B.O.'s speech.  Confuse innovation and intervention as the same thing.  Plug in strawman that someone is arguing against public goods like roads, a line item which equals less than 1% of the fed budget, and then credit the government with everything.  So Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 09:41:33 AM »

Nevermind nobody is debating the country needs roads, bridges and education (and he didn't bother with them in his first 3 1/2 years). 

The ARRA 2009 set aside $100 billion for education and nearly $50 billion for transportation, the majority went to highways and bridges. :dunno:
:adios:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2012, 11:46:04 AM »

Nevermind nobody is debating the country needs roads, bridges and education (and he didn't bother with them in his first 3 1/2 years). 

The ARRA 2009 set aside $100 billion for education and nearly $50 billion for transportation, the majority went to highways and bridges. :dunno:
I saw somewhere that our infrastructure is a D-. It was needed. Education can suck it.
EMAW

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »
If mitt romney hadn't sent all our jobs overseas we wouldn't be in this mess.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
probably lukes
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/07/23/570621/romneys-you-didnt-build-that-attack-ad-stars-businessman-who-received-millions-in-government-money/?mobile=nc

maybe the right can get their head's out of their ass' before launching an attack add with someone that violates the principles they are fighting for. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2012, 10:49:55 PM »
probably lukes
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/07/23/570621/romneys-you-didnt-build-that-attack-ad-stars-businessman-who-received-millions-in-government-money/?mobile=nc

maybe the right can get their head's out of their ass' before launching an attack add with someone that violates the principles they are fighting for. 

lol's

also, love how well romey's "we did build this" rolls off the tongue.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2012, 12:47:36 AM »
probably lukes

lol's

also, love how well romey's "we did build this" rolls off the tongue.

Sounds socialist.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2012, 01:31:28 AM »
I wonder if Romeny, savior of the Salt Lake Olympics, did it by himself as well....he only received the most federal dollars....EVER for the games (even discounting federal road monies which were coming anyway).

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »
didn't realize the government invented the internet.   :dunno:

Saying the govt created the internet is like saying the Wright bros invented the space shuttle.

Good call Fake Sugar Dick....because in fact, government played a huge role in funding, developing, and building the space shuttle. Not to mention many governments who pooled resources for the Int. Space Station.