Author Topic: Rank the top 5 WRs in KSU history  (Read 20105 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Rank the top 5 WRs in KSU history
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:49 AM »
Man, this is going to get a little messy with the quote function, but here goes nothing.

You have a hard-on for his stats or something? Why is throwing for 44 TDs impressive when you also throw 34 INTs? That isn't the TD/INT ration I like.
The thing about Freeman that a lot of people forget, is that he started as a freshman.  His freshman season, he had terrible statistics.  6 tds, 15 ints (the Phog guys were so mean after that season).  Which begs the question, how does his freshman statistics fit in the context of the rest of his careers, and the context of the rest of the KSU qbs in the discussion.  Well, the thing is, in the last two decades, NO FRESHMAN QB AT KSU HAS BEEN GOOD.  Hardly any have had the opportunity.  The youngest guy I can remember starting as even a RS freshman under Snyder was Evridge (HA!).  Besides him, Roberson started as a RS Sophomore and his numbers that year (when he was already 2 years older than Freeman was) were just dreadful.

My point is, is that Freemaw's TD/INT ratio is completely skewed because of his 6/15 freshman year disaster.  During his final two years, he threw for 38/19 which isn't bad. 

Career completion percentage is under 60%.

So was Chad May's (56.1), Ell's (48.9), Bishop's (49.4), Lynn Dickey (50.4) and probably every other qb in K-State history.  FWIW, Freeman's completion percentage is over 59%.

If there was a chance for Freeman to crap his pants, he usually found a way. Blaming his career record on the defense is laughable.

Well, he certainly had a chance to crap his pants against UT at home, and didn't, so you're wrong.

Interesting, take on the defense though.  Let's look at the numbers.  In Freeman's 18 losses, the defense gave up an average of 41.5 points.  I mean, averaging 42 points a game is a tall order for anyone.  I think most people that were paying any attention in 2007/2008 would agree that the offense wasn't the issue; giving up over 33 points a game was.

I defense the last three years has been damn near as terrible as the Prince years (if not worse in some respects). Snyder has simply willed them to make the big plays in big situations.......must to the disliking of Cosh.

I'm not sure what your point is here, but, you're wrong.  Under Snyder, the defense has given up an average of over 6 fewer points (or about a touchdown fewer) a game. 

TL;DR:

You're a complete idiot who is ignoring the best passer Kansas State has ever had (8k yards in 2.5 years) because you don't like his head coach and the rest his shitty team, especially the defense.

Wake up, dumbass.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 12:50:11 AM »
Also, he was an incredible quarterback and anyone with eyes could see that. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »
Yeah, dlew has great points, but not my battle. Freeman was/is a horrible human being. We don't have to put a * next to his career (cause of prince), he's got great intangibles, but lost ( a lot w/ bad numbers). However, of all time greats? Put that ass hat freeman behind all the greats, even May. I need winners!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 01:10:16 AM »
Yeah, dlew has great points, but not my battle. Freeman was/is a horrible human being. We don't have to put a * next to his career (cause of prince), he's got great intangibles, but lost ( a lot w/ bad numbers). However, of all time greats? Put that ass hat freeman behind all the greats, even May. I need winners!
Fine. 

You guys take winner Brian Kavanaugh. I'll take loser Josh Freeman.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 01:17:02 AM »
Fine. 

Let's not get crazy here.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 01:19:12 AM »
Fine. 

Great, welcome aboard #TeamFreemaw, Fanning.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 01:21:07 AM »
Fine. 

Great, welcome aboard #TeamFreemaw, Fanning.
:lol:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2012, 06:29:36 AM »
The lack of James Terry on all of these lists is perplexing. He deserves big ups and mad love and he simply isn't getting it.

Lockett
Morgan
Nelson
McDonald
Terry

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2012, 07:02:00 AM »
Also, he was an incredible quarterback and anyone with eyes could see that.

:thumbs:

best in KSU history w/o a doubt

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
Freeman at least deserves to sneak in at #5 or 4
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 08:08:55 AM »
dlew running circles around fanning.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 08:43:15 AM »
Simoneau
Brown
Pierce
Leber
Beisel

Brown is better than Simoneau.  Pierce at 3 is debatable.  Beisel wasn't a linebacker.

We all like to joke around on this board from time to time, but if you say that Brown is Simaneau you are a rough ridin' stupid head.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »
If I had to choose between Percell Gaskins and Arthur Brown, I'd tell Arthur Brown to go eff himself (in the nicest possible way).

Percell was a rough ridin' freak.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 08:50:47 AM »
Josh Freeman would have won 3 heisman trophies playing for our '97-'99 teams

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »
here's the thing about our fans.  they are, for the most part, rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  the uniforms we had under prince were far superior to the snyder striped uniforms.  josh freeman would have been one of if not the best QB LHC Bill Snyder ever recruited/coached.  our fanbase apparently, based on their reactions, see these things and just see a huge floating Ron Prince head where the uniforms and QB would be and freaks the eff out.  they are completely blind to anything good or superior that occurred during that timeframe. if jordy nelson hadn't been a riley kansas white kid who originally signed with bill our majority Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) fanbase would hate his guts for looking exactly like a floating ron prince head. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 09:10:59 AM »
I will admit my dislike for freemaw is way more personal than anything. I know he's great.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 09:33:26 AM »
If I had to choose between Percell Gaskins and Arthur Brown, I'd tell Arthur Brown to go eff himself (in the nicest possible way).

Percell was a rough ridin' freak.

no idea who that is

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »
What sd would rather the football team wear over the Snyder unis:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »
i know we like to joke and whatever, but anyone's linebacker list without Sean Lowe is rough ridin' stupid.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »
I will admit my dislike for freemaw is way more personal than anything. I know he's great.

What did he do to you?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »
Freeman was fantastic. Just look at the numbers he put up with Logan Dold and Lamark Brown at running back. It's not his fault that Ron Prince chose to not recruit a defense and then run an offense that puts continuous pressure on that defense.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:39 AM »

What did he do to you?
I was the first person to show him around campus cause I was his ambassador at the time. He showed up so nice and motivated. By the time he had left: He'd brag to ppl about how he wanted to make a bronze male genitals of himself once he had hit up to a thousand girls, was usually passed out on some pool table every weekend, actually hooked up with two girls I was seeing in college, and just ended up being an arrogant douche overall . But other than that, I like the guy.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »
I would do all that stuff and more if I was Josh Freeman

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »
Lulz at Dlew and his supporters

what was Freemaw's record against the teams people care about other than Texas?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2012, 09:55:18 AM »
actually hooked up with two girls I was seeing in college,

You go out and prey on married women under the auspices of owning this site.