Author Topic: Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents  (Read 57017 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents
« Reply #250 on: July 17, 2015, 11:01:53 PM »
My parents are drunk in NYC and this just came in from my mom

'.

Now, understand my mom has never buttdialed (cause purses) me so this is probably her way of communicating

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2015, 05:10:50 AM »
You quoted an apostrophe and a period. If that is her way of communicating, then she is at a 7.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »

'.

Now, understand my mom has never buttdialed (cause purses) me so this is probably her way of communicating

Is she an alien?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 18, 2015, 07:11:48 PM »

'.

Is she an alien?
Unless AbeFroman is a Mexican or Canadian, I bet she's as American as you and me.  :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline BringBackEcoKat

• Fan
  • The Lady of Winters
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 18, 2015, 09:55:12 PM »
Maybe she tried to call and sent a text accidentally?
'Cause Cats

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2015, 11:04:51 PM »
Its clearly a male genitals and balls.  Interprate that how you may.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2015, 11:08:23 PM »

:D
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »
Just received this email from my Grandma:  FW: WHO IS DONALD TRUMP? A MUST READ

I thought about posting it for some additional laughs but it's kind of long.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2015, 01:29:33 PM »

Was it pro-Trump or anti-Trump?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »

I wonder what sys sees when he looks at it.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 11, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »

Was it pro-Trump or anti-Trump?

Oh it's extremely pro-Trump.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 11, 2015, 01:39:40 PM »

apostrophe period.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 11, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »

apostrophe period.

Deviant
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2015, 08:22:03 PM »
My parents are in vegas and apparently eating at this place http://battistaslasvegas.com/photo-gallery/ ...Dad just emailed me a selfie of them with a very old accordion player.

Text in the email was

"With Gordy!  He is somewhere around 100, but won't tell anyone.  20 years the song was Kansas City.  Tonight it was Come Back To Me, by Dean Martin."

30 minutes later I get another email

Much better pic of Gordy !

One of the few living legends of Vegas.

There was no picture attached.

#adorable

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2015, 08:25:33 AM »
My aunt, who is pretty old! Lots of great health advice! By the looks of the email, she actually copied the different ideas into the email.
This info about onions and the 1918 flu epidemic, as well as the Black Plague is not new! Be sure to take the few minutes to read this.

HERE'S SOMETHING TO REMEMBER FOR THE SUMMER TIME

Onions and Mayonnaise

Very interesting In 1919, when the flu killed 40 million people, there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could help them combat the flu. Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it, and many died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer, and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different, the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.

Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser in AZ. She said that several years ago many of her employees were coming down with the flu and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work....Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.

Now there is a P.S. to this.... I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:

Thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmers story.... But, I do know that I contacted pneumonia and needless to say I was very ill... I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion put it into an empty jar.....placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs.... Sure enough it happened just like that.... The onion was a mess, and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.

This is the other note.

Lots of times when we have stomach problems we don't know what to blame. Maybe it's the onions that are to blame. Onions absorb bacteria is the reason they are so good at preventing us from getting colds and flu's and is the very reason we shouldn't eat an onion that has been sitting for a time after it has been cut open!

LEFT OVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS

I had the wonderful privilege of touring Mullins Food Products, Makers of Mayonnaise.. Mullins is huge, and is owned by 11 brothers and sisters in the Mullins family. My friend, Jeanne, is the CEO.

Questions about food poisoning came up, and I wanted to share what I learned from a chemist.

The guy who gave us our tour is named Ed. He's one of the brothers Ed is a chemistry expert and is involved in developing most of the sauce formula.

He's even developed sauce formula for McDonald's.

Keep in mind that Ed is a food chemistry whiz. During the tour, someone asked if we really needed to worry about mayonnaise. People are always worried that mayonnaise will spoil. Ed's answer will surprise you. Ed said that all commercially- made Mayo is completely safe.

"It doesn't even have to be refrigerated. No harm in refrigerating it, but it's not really necessary." He explained that the pH in mayonnaise is set at a point that bacteria could not survive in that environment. He then talked about the quaint essential picnic, with the bowl of potato salad sitting on the table and how everyone blames the mayonnaise when someone gets sick.

Ed says that when food poisoning is reported, the first thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS and where those onions came from (in the potato salad?). Ed says it's not the mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade Mayo) that spoils in the outdoors. It's probably the Onions, and if not the onions, it's the POTATOES.

He explained, onions are a huge magnet for bacteria, specially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion.. He says it's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your refrigerator.

It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hot dogs at the baseball park!) Ed says if you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble.

Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad, will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down.

Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions.

Please remember it is dangerous to cut an onion and try to use it to cook the next day, it becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections 
because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.

Please pass this on to all you love and care about.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »
your aunt is basically the opposite of a #lunchacker

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2015, 10:11:02 AM »
I never eat onions or mayo and very rarely get sick so this checks out  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2015, 10:13:27 AM »
Yes, she probably would not approve of #lunchacker.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2015, 10:21:36 AM »

She just doesn't like to use onions in her #lunchhack. Mayo is ok though.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »

She just doesn't like to use onions in her #lunchhack. Mayo is ok though.
I am thinking that she might be "Big Onion". Destroy all onions once you cut them and then go out and buy more. Cut them up and put them in jars around you house and office. What in the hell is that crap?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »
Your aunt is an Onion Truther

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2015, 10:26:55 AM »
I've heard all this onion information before. Never tried it though so I don't know if it is true.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2015, 10:31:33 AM »
It lost all credibility when it called the virus a bacteria.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »
It lost all credibility when it called the virus a bacteria.
For me, it lost all credibility when it showed up in my inbox from my aunt.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
If my dad ever found gE he would LOVE the birther pit.

My favorite is how he calmly transitions from "OMG Its a huge conspiracy" to.....Your cousins is going to nationals and I'll be out of town and o hey do you want some seeds?

Kids,

A quick look at a lot of topics.

1)  immunotherapy (replacing chemotherapy in some cases)
X-prez Jimmy Carter had stage 4 melanoma, meaning sorry Jimmy, nothing more we can do.  They tried a new immunotherapy on him.  He is now melanoma free.  It is a concept where your own immune system is greatly strengthened so your own body can fight off disease (like melanoma cancer).

Who would have ever thought that?  Better get on the bee pollen and look into getting a couple hives of bees. :)  In another 20 years they will figure out venom therapy dramatically slows down the aging process.  (Success document has more details.)

Also, 3 months ago, some new pill came out that had their med in it AND some bee pollen.  Guess they figured out it gave them a success edge in showing improvement on patients in the USDA trial studies.  Too funny.

2)  ISIS for the world, ISIL for Barry.  Here is what you do not know about his use of ISIL.  ISIS refers to the Islamic State per Syria and Iraq.  ISIL refers to the Islamic state per pre-Israel and includes what is now Israel with Syria and Iraq.  So Barry by using the term ISIL is actually communicating a message to the Muslims in the Middle East that he does not believe in Israel having any right to exist where it is (aka its destruction).  Tie that with the Iran nuke treaty and multiple secret deals (protecting Iran) that were made and you can start putting together a clear picture of Barry (and the Dems he represents).

3) Recent "work place violence" by a fine American kid living the American dream.
Or "yet another Muslim terrorist act" this time by an American born Muslim in CA.  FBI messing with Barry by calling this "terrorism" just because they found a few IED's in their apartment.

You know how Barry calls Islam a religion of peace?  He is a Dem, his lips are moving, so you know it is a lie.  You really should know what some of the writings are in the Koran.  You will quickly learn that what our media (and Barry) call it Muslim extremism - in reality it is "normal behavior" spelled out in the Koran.
I repeat, what our media calls Muslim extremism is "normal" actions actually defined in the Koran, where you are to kill "infidels" (non Muslims) - which means convert of die.  It also calls out horrific acts like beheadings and hanging bodies for all to see.  The Koran and Muslims are no religion of peace.  Our liberal media propaganda wants you to believe that though.

4) Gov't shutdown, possibly coming.  Remember last time Barry instructed that the Arlington cemetery be shut down so that visiting veterans could not see it (while other smaller profile locations were kept open)?  This next 12 months should provide much entertainment on what Barry will do, who he will free from prison, what laws he will enact (bypassing Congress, the source of all laws).  I guess since Barry bypasses congress, his laws are "imposed".  Kind of fits the definition on a tyrant.  That is why the American Colonies broke away from Britain.

Other news.

Kaitlyn qualified for Nationals a week ago in the Pentathlon.

I am heading to Holyrood and Colby tomorrow, and Texas in January.

Also, let me know how many packets of each of these type seeds you, your kids, your friends could use.  Freebies for you that I got real cheap.

veggies -
Cherry tomato
Beefsteak tomato
National pickling cucumber
Muncher cucumber
Straight neck early yellow squash
California wonder pepper
Early golden acre cabbage
Hales best cantaloupe
Dark green zucchini
Cilantro coriander
Parsley
Jack-O-Lantern pumkin
Crimson Giant radish
Grand Rapids lettuce
White Lisbon onion
Early Golden bantam Sweet Corn
Danvers half long carrot

flowers-
Cosmos
Zinnia
Marigold
Bachelor buttons
Morning glory

I have lots of packets of seeds of most all these varieties.

Dad

------- venom

Southern Copperhead Venom and Proffessor Markland.  I found this PBS online video.  He is the only guy I know doing research on the protein in the venom, which can stop forms of cancer.  Key word here is "Southern" copper head.  The other four varieties of copperhead do not have the specific protein in their venom.  This is the stuff medical "Mikey" is taking to prevent any onset of any cancer (plus avoiding sugars and sweets).

Here is the link - http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/the-venom-cure-video-copperhead-venom-and-cancer-research/4419/

-------- Middle East

Democrats be proud as Barry shows Bush how to successfully defeat the enemy.

a)  Pull out of IRAQ just leaving it to whom ever wants it.

b) Call the army that comes in "JV" types, insulting them (aka ISIS or ISIL if you are a Dem).

c)  Spend $500,000,000 of our tax money to train (5) arabs to fight Syria's army.

d)  Thank Russia (aka John Kerry) for coming in to help fight ISIS, as Russia bombs the 5 arabs that were just trained by Barry in Syria.  I guess Russia did not get the email from Hillary that they were suppose to attack ISIS (aka ISIL) in Iraq NOT Syria AND Russia was not attacking ISIS, but rather the people Barry was funding so they could attack Syria's army (which now Russia is defending).  Barry is LUCKY to have John Kerry there to sort things out for him and give really good advice.

e)  Give the OK for Iran (who sponsors terrorists and hates the US) to green light to make Nukes AND signs some secret agreements to protect their Nuke program.  Again Barry was very lucky to have John Kerry there to give him really good advice.

If you doubt these are good things, I point out that Barry received the Nobel Peace Prize right after his 2008 election.  Jimmy Carter was the other US prez who was awarded that prize.

-------- the Pope

Something was not right.  The Pope with Fidel.  Happy.  The Pope with Barry, and Barry goes out to meet him at the airport he was so excited to see him.  The strange mix.  Chumming together like old friends, yet one would think they should have bitter disagreements.  Fidel a communist, no belief in God.  Barry with communists on his staff and is pro abortion stand plus the Dems no God stands - removing prayer from their conventions, the ten commandments from public institutions, etc.  Then you have the Pope, the human representative with God.  It does not make sense, until you look at what they have in common.

They are fundamental liberals.

The Pope story.  A Cardinal just wrote a book about how a group of leftist Cardinals called the Vatican Mafia had helped to depose the healthy last pope and get the current Pope elected.

So what Fidel, Barry, and the Pope share are some common fundamental beliefs -  the desire to see America decline, the desire to see communism/socialism flourish in the world.

I did some additional research.  The Vatican (aka the Church) is in major decline and has been declining since WWII.  If you get into the French prophet Nostradamus's writings, it is all predicted.

We are living in fascinating times.  Fascinating in that things are not as they should be.

---------  Hillary

There is an FBI investigation - state dept computers have been seized so expect an indictment, she will scream all the way to the exit door.  "Isn't it about time for a woman to be president?".  Yes, but not one named Hillary.

In case you ever wondered why she had her own server - follow the money.
She was shaking down countries for contributions to the Hubby Library, these communications could not be on a gov computer, or there would be backups.
There were 100's of millions of $'s given to the Hubby Library, many times just after the state dept ok'd certain financial dealings with countries.  Also her server was hacked by everyone.  The Brits would not send communications to her on her server even back in 2008 as their intelligence service to them it was "compromised".  Just remember how the media told us how she was the smartest woman on earth.  Think they said similar things about Barry.

----------  Dems

If your a Dem, be a proud Dem.  Make a big list of accomplishments and leadership displayed by this group.

Barry, Hillary, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi

Include in that list  Iraq, Iran, Syria, US debt, US military decline, private servers with US secrets, US welfare for illegal aliens, death of US ambassador in Lybia, support of "Muslim brotherhood" in Egypt, Vetrans hospital non care and lies, IRS being used to politically harass US citizens, Affordable Care Act (you have to vote to pass it to see what is in it), trading 5 terrorist leaders for one US deserter, ....... much more to be proud of .....

----------------

That is all.

Dad