Author Topic: Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents  (Read 57128 times)

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
Re: Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2014, 12:42:58 PM »
Okay just an old man story, no emails or texts but ben ji says it should go here.

This old man, he's a well witcher, and people think he's crazy (he isn't--for the most part).  At least he thinks people think he's crazy, so he's very reluctant to talk about anything to do with well witching or the aquifer or anything like that.

One time he was talking about how he knows the water is contaminated from these underground gasoline/diesel storage tanks, that somehow the fuel is leaking into the groundwater.  He's very concerned about this.  He mentioned some particular chemical, which I can't remember, but I looked it up afterwards and it seems like a legitimate concern, but without evidence.

We suggested he send sample to be tested, which he says he's done multiple times, but the people at the testing office are in cahoots with some other people and are suppressing the truth.  So I suggested he purposely contaminate a sample by putting a small amount of diesel in a sample and sending it to them.  If it comes back negative then he knows they are corrupt.  Well he didn't like this suggestion and wouldn't talk anymore the rest of the night about it.   He switched the conversation to why he drives to Plainville to go to the doctor, which is hours away, when there is a decent sized hospital in town.  The reason?  It's because they're trying to kill him.

my non professional opinion would be non specific delusional disorder w/ paranoid psychosis.

Not sure I agree with the diagnosis. 

I've seen water witching work.  I was super skeptical, but you can find a lot of underground stuff with two sticks or bent metal rods. I used to work on a drill crew and the lead driller would almost always double check the marks laid out by the one call guys, it always worked, or if one call hadn't been there yet...  Now I'm not saying for sure you can wander around and find a good spot for a well, but there is something to it.

Regarding the underground storage tanks-they pretty much have a super high failure rate, so it is likely they have leaked. If the tanks held gas/diesel, it is likely the concern would be benzene. Also, it would be likely that a lab wouldn't take a sample from rando old man...there are several things that have to be done to ensure the validity and quality of the sample, so he could be confused on that front, however they are probably not giving him the answers he seeks.

oiuja boards. also, you thinking that people can find water underground by carrying around a bunch of tree limbs has nothing to do w/ my diagnosis and i stick by it.

psychosis could be a result of benzene exposure... :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »
Okay just an old man story, no emails or texts but ben ji says it should go here.

This old man, he's a well witcher, and people think he's crazy (he isn't--for the most part).  At least he thinks people think he's crazy, so he's very reluctant to talk about anything to do with well witching or the aquifer or anything like that.

One time he was talking about how he knows the water is contaminated from these underground gasoline/diesel storage tanks, that somehow the fuel is leaking into the groundwater.  He's very concerned about this.  He mentioned some particular chemical, which I can't remember, but I looked it up afterwards and it seems like a legitimate concern, but without evidence.

We suggested he send sample to be tested, which he says he's done multiple times, but the people at the testing office are in cahoots with some other people and are suppressing the truth.  So I suggested he purposely contaminate a sample by putting a small amount of diesel in a sample and sending it to them.  If it comes back negative then he knows they are corrupt.  Well he didn't like this suggestion and wouldn't talk anymore the rest of the night about it.   He switched the conversation to why he drives to Plainville to go to the doctor, which is hours away, when there is a decent sized hospital in town.  The reason?  It's because they're trying to kill him.

my non professional opinion would be non specific delusional disorder w/ paranoid psychosis.

Not sure I agree with the diagnosis. 

I've seen water witching work.  I was super skeptical, but you can find a lot of underground stuff with two sticks or bent metal rods. I used to work on a drill crew and the lead driller would almost always double check the marks laid out by the one call guys, it always worked, or if one call hadn't been there yet...  Now I'm not saying for sure you can wander around and find a good spot for a well, but there is something to it.

Regarding the underground storage tanks-they pretty much have a super high failure rate, so it is likely they have leaked. If the tanks held gas/diesel, it is likely the concern would be benzene. Also, it would be likely that a lab wouldn't take a sample from rando old man...there are several things that have to be done to ensure the validity and quality of the sample, so he could be confused on that front, however they are probably not giving him the answers he seeks.

oiuja boards. also, you thinking that people can find water underground by carrying around a bunch of tree limbs has nothing to do w/ my diagnosis and i stick by it.

psychosis could be a result of benzene exposure... :dunno:

well we will all just have to take your word for it i guess, since my whole knowledge on the issue at stake is about two hours worth of a computer and a google search engine from around two months ago.

also, tree limbs, stick by it and issue at stake all in two posts is pretty impressive given the topic at hand and should somehow be acknowledged by somebody. these things just don't write themselves you know.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:01:05 PM by rick daris »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »
"but they do write themselves and i have documents on the secret government program that was developed in order to do it, to prove it." -old guy emo knows

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2014, 01:06:53 PM »
"lead based paint"-slucat

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2014, 01:07:23 PM »
"see guys. completely normal"-emoemaw

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
holy crap missed ben ji's life bible pics  :horrorsurprise: amazing. you are truly blessed ben ji.

I've actually picked it up and read some of it. It's BAD ASS!!
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »
holy crap missed ben ji's life bible pics  :horrorsurprise: amazing. you are truly blessed ben ji.

I've actually picked it up and read some of it. It's BAD ASS!!

we will need one signed copy to auction off at fattyfest

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »

On Tue, May 20, 2014 MOM wrote:

Tequila

Another hard liquor that's great for hair is tequila. It gets rid of product build-up and clears pores, which promotes hair growth. In Alexis Wolfer's DIY beauty book The Recipe for Radiance, she recommends mixing a half cup of tequila with three sliced jalapeno peppers as a scalp toner. Click here for the full instructions! philosophy senorita margarita, $17, philosophy.com

Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014
To: MOM
Subject: Re:

You cant think that this is serious...

On Tue, May 20, 2014 MOM wrote:

Yea…………………did you see the article I sent you about it?  Hell, it’s worth a shot….shot….get it?

Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014
To: MOM
Subject: Re: Re:

Rubbing jalapeno tequila on my scalp...

:facepalm:
:dance:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2014, 12:56:27 PM »
Having lunch with my dad at strouds and he starts telling me about how I should write down my goals everyday etc etc.

I notice that he has some goals written down on a manila folder next to him so I ask him what goals he has for today.

1. Be more disciplined in following the daily goals.

Another one was to keep a pen and paper in his car to write down ideas.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »
Also just found out Eisenhower signed a treaty with the gray aliens in the early 50's to stop them from buzzing the white house.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2014, 01:02:05 PM »
Having lunch with my dad at strouds and he starts telling me about how I should write down my goals everyday etc etc.

I notice that he has some goals written down on a manila folder next to him so I ask him what goals he has for today.

1. Be more disciplined in following the daily goals.

Another one was to keep a pen and paper in his car to write down ideas.

This guy sounds like a dream. I want to 'pak with him so bad.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2014, 01:04:39 PM »
Men in black existed before the movie and are real, visiting people who say they have seen ufo and telling them to be quite.

The MIB are probably not even humans, people say they have no facial hair etc etc.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2014, 01:04:51 PM »
Email forwarded to me from my sister:

SISTER UNRULY

Jun 30 (3 days ago)

to me

So, this is your Mom…………………

This should probably go on the internet somewhere….I am just sayin’

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 11:39 AM
To: SISTER UNRULY
Subject:

I thought I still had the link, but would you please send me the link again to get to Facebook?  I am going to set up my account at lunch.

She has already signed up for facebook. Twice.

This will be her third go around, if only she could find that pesky link.

:facepalm:
:dance:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
Also just found out Eisenhower signed a treaty with the gray aliens in the early 50's to stop them from buzzing the white house.
We agreed to let them abduct people if they shared their anti matter technology with us 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:05 PM »
ben ji's dad is definitely a top five poster :lol:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
Heard a lot of old timey western ks UFO stories, favorite was this quote "and a deputy was driving back from rexford and saw it too"

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
Rexford!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2014, 05:32:03 PM »
My grandpa was coordinating a family vacation at a condo that was supposed to be the week of June 21-28. He got the dates ever so slightly wrong. It actually ended up being June 20-27, so it was moved up one day and basically no one was inconvenienced at all. When he emailed us all to tell us that he had messed up, his email subject was

"BOMBSHELL ! ! ! "

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:53:18 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »
what yr were u born?

u think I would be able to remember. lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2014, 07:40:14 PM »
"By

competingvwithvthectigscyouca"

-papa ksupamplemousse

He was trying to text me during the Royals game, pretty sure he was at about a six.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2014, 08:35:14 PM »

"By

competingvwithvthectigscyouca"

-papa ksupamplemousse

He was trying to text me during the Royals game, pretty sure he was at about a six.
:lol:

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
 :love: :love: :love: :love:

ben ji,

Very proud of you and your accomplishments !

Your are on the right track in life, enjoy the ride !

The next step, invest in yourself.

Feed your brain, become a better person, better professional, etc,

Consider getting your MBA.  Consider ingesting some personal improvement books.

I use to provide my favorite Nieces and Nephews "Lemon Juice", letters about such books I read with the key points provided in an email.  I'll send you some of them periodically.

Here is one of my latest clips from August 4th to my favorites -

============================= 

Watch for Barry to really cut loose writing executive orders after this fall's elections are over.  He is daring congress to impeach him.  He will really push it as it helps the Dems with fund raising and it helps to throw gas on the fire to pit Americans against Americans.  It is called being "divisive", creating friction between different groups.  It is also a fundamental element in the communist power play book.  Divide internally and conquer.   

Stock market alert --  Last year the government put a trillion $'s in the stock market (buying bonds which gives money to companies cheaply so they can grow).  This has artificially inflated values of stocks.  The government will cease this action of buying bonds this coming October.  Watch out.  The market is over due for a correction and this could trigger it.

I did hear talk this weekend that an economist was finding striking similarities between our current market and the 1928, 1929 market.  In case you are not familiar with that history, in 1929 the stock market crashed very badly.  It was followed by massive unemployment in the early 1930's.

Also, be aware that after the November elections, there are 30 new EPA (and related) changes which will be imposed on businesses and have a 34 billion $ impact.  This may also trigger a big market down turn.  This is another example of using government agencies to implement new regulation bypassing the constitutional process of having the congress write laws.  You could say we will be suffering from "taxation without representation" because of this process.

I'm kinda pissed I have never gotten a "Lemon Juice" email before.

Also loved the fact that he thought I might not be familiar with the history of the 1929 stock market crash.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2014, 08:21:06 AM »
So much :love: in there. My favorite is that he urged you to get an advanced business degree but also thought you might not be familiar with the most cataclysmic business event in our entire history.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2014, 08:37:01 AM »
well it's pretty obvious that ben ji's grandpa or whover wrote that thinks ben ji is pretty stupid. sorry ben ji.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread