Author Topic: How many hours of sleep do you need to function?  (Read 14912 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »
engineering students have no excuse for getting less than 8 hours a night.

if architecture students spent more time in studio and less time playing catch outside Seaton they would also have no excuse for getting less than 8/night.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »
Not a student anymore, but is xbox no longer a valid excuse?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 01:42:26 PM »

Someone didn't follow Hightower's schedule.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 02:19:17 PM »

if architecture students spent more time in studio and less time playing catch outside Seaton they would also have no excuse for getting less than 8/night.

100% agree. Engineering students should get plenty of sleep.

Arch students just like to boast about how much sleep they're missing out on. I find it hard to believe a student actually has 70 hours a week of projects/homework to do. Wouldn't they get paid a lot more if it was as hard as they make it seem?  :dunno:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »
architect students are very dumb so it doesn't surprise me that it takes them that amount of time to build their lincoln log houses

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
in a typical week i will have 3 nights where i get 11 hours and 4 where i get 5. it works pretty terribly for me.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: How man hours of sleep do you need to function?
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »
function for how long?  i can do 0 hours for one day, 3-4 hours for 3-4 days, etc.  probably about 6 or so sustainably.
THis

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »
can function on 4 or 5. prefer at least 7.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

I call bullcrap on this.  How the eff are you supposed to enjoy yourself (go to KSU Cats games, Aggieville, Greek events, talk to nice good looking girls, etc) at "Great College Experience U," be a decent (as in average) engineering student, AND get 8/night?  Obviously I am addicted to time wasters and crap (like goEMAW) but your assertion just doesn't compute. 

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
usually get 5 during the week. 10 on weekends. If i couldn't sleep in on weekends, id imagine i'd have to bump it up to 6-7 during the week. :dunno:

I would hate to do this.

what's your routine, HEMMY?

I wake up in the morning a little before work, go to work, do some crap after work, go to bed. Weekends I sleep in as long as possible.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 03:46:20 PM »

I call bullcrap on this.  How the eff are you supposed to enjoy yourself (go to KSU Cats games, Aggieville, Greek events, talk to nice good looking girls, etc) at "Great College Experience U," be a decent (as in average) engineering student, AND get 8/night?  Obviously I am addicted to time wasters and crap (like goEMAW) but your assertion just doesn't compute.

LOL

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »

LOL

oh. i get it. MEAN :cry:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 03:52:48 PM »

I'm not going to sit here and shoot you my "Great College Experience U" resume, but I am involved in every one of those things you mentioned (Talking to nice good looking girls is a bit of a grey area) and I somehow manage to get plenty of sleep every night. I know plenty of other engineering students who have done the same thing, probably much better. There are 24 hours in a day. You can't honestly tell me that engineering takes up over 16 hours a day so you don't have time to talk to a good looking girl or make it to a Cats game.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
I was involved in all that great stuff too, but I know this, my last two years I had a class every morning around 7am.  You do the math on the dual existence of a nightlife and 8 hrs of sleep.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
I was involved in all that great stuff too, but I know this, my last two years I had a class every morning around 7am.  You do the math on the dual existence of a nightlife and 8 hrs of sleep.

That sucks that you had class on Saturday and Sunday morning, man. Kids these days have it so much easier when it comes to class on the weekends...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »

That sucks that you had class on Saturday and Sunday morning, man. Kids these days have it so much easier when it comes to class on the weekends...

Thought we were talking about the weekdays too.  Fri and Sat nights are givens in college.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »

Thought we were talking about the weekdays too.  Fri and Sat nights are givens in college.

Yeah don't be a dumbass BTC

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2012, 04:43:23 PM »
Jesus Christ guys, some of you need to spend some time in the efficiency thread.  I graduated with a 3.5+ in engineering, and am 3 semesters into grad school, and I've rarely had weeks where I had to spend 40 hours on school, usually closer to 25.  You don't need to memorize crap, so "studying" beyond doing homework problems is a horrible waste of time.  I am pretty sure the people who spend shitloads of time on school outside of class are mostly bbsing, facebooking and watching tv.  Most college students are awful at time management.  I usually can get 8 hours of sleep unless I have a morning class and was in Aggieville that night where it is usually more like 5-6 with a nap the next day.
:adios:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »
usually get 5 during the week. 10 on weekends. If i couldn't sleep in on weekends, id imagine i'd have to bump it up to 6-7 during the week. :dunno:

I would hate to do this.

what's your routine, HEMMY?

I wake up in the morning a little before work, go to work, do some crap after work, go to bed. Weekends I sleep in as long as possible.

thanks Hemmy, this was a big help.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 04:49:06 PM »

Dunno. It was pretty easy for me to pull a 3.5+ and do everything you mentioned. Guess some of us are just smarter than others. :dunno:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »

Dunno. It was pretty easy for me to pull a 3.5+ and do everything you mentioned. Guess some of us are just smarter than others. :dunno:

This
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »
Emo EMAW, may I ask which Engineering discipline you are in? In order to help you give a better answer, don't say Industrial.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
5 hours is bare minimum for me.  Any less than that and I feel miserable the next day almost to the point of feeling hungover.  And if I'm gonna feel hungover I sure as hell would prefer to have gotten Pak'd the night before.