Author Topic: Harley Day....Love it or hate?  (Read 21924 times)

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Harley Day....Love it or hate?
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2012, 05:33:08 PM »
is harley day inclusive of other brands?  i didn't think so.  which is why i oppose it.

Yes, it is.

True story, someone on this board once seriously contemplated entering a scooter into this.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »
Harley Day has got to be the most K-Stateoiest of all things K-Stateo, therefore I love it.  You could watch an hourlong fireworks show synchronized to Journey and Asia songs and it still wouldn't touch Harley Day.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Harley Day....Love it or hate?
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »
Pretty sure that 1: this thread already happened and 2: all you bitches claiming to love it are either liars or weren't there to back me up when I was the ONLY person to defend harley day for the shear awesomeness that it is. :dubious:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »
Don't want to turn this into a "reasons why I hate motorcyclists" thread, but one of the reasons why I hate motorcyclists is that too cool for school below the belt piece sign they give any and every passing douche on a bike.

Also hate motorcycles when you're stuck in a traffic jam and they blast past you in between the lanes.  :shakefist:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
Pretty sure that 1: this thread already happened and 2: all you bitches claiming to love it are either liars or weren't there to back me up when I was the ONLY person to defend harley day for the shear awesomeness that it is. :dubious:

prove it or shut up, bad person

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2012, 01:19:24 AM »
sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk has probably been the worst thing to happen to HeinBallz on goEMAW-related bbs' in the last six months or so

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
Don't want to turn this into a "reasons why I hate motorcyclists" thread, but one of the reasons why I hate motorcyclists is that too cool for school below the belt piece sign they give any and every passing douche on a bike.

Also hate motorcycles when you're stuck in a traffic jam and they blast past you in between the lanes.  :shakefist:

On I135 near park city, I got passed by a newish Corvette.  As they pulled in front of me a guy on his motorcycle comes screaming up beside them.  This guy proceeded to step onto his seat and popped a wheelie and passed that Corvette on one wheel at somewhere near 100mph near as I could tell.  At first I was mad because I thought he would fall and all the cars would swerve into one another and we'd all die.  Now I just think that it was pretty awesome.  It certainly wasn't a Harley though.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk has probably been the worst thing to happen to HeinBallz on goEMAW-related bbs' in the last six months or so

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using DealWithItBitches.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2012, 01:31:47 AM »
and btw:
eff you guys.  Kids love harley day and it's the one thing KSU does that doesn't seem to be a rip off from some other school.   It also gives the TV analyst & color guys something memorable and kind of brands us with a "we like to party, don't give a eff attitude".  And claiming they're white trashy?   Seriously?  only upper middle class dudes that don't know crap about motorcycles going through mid-life crises buy Harley's.  And don't get me started on Big Dog - that has to be a rough ridin' joke.  Big Dog is a white trash bike.   Why bitch about Harley day when band day is seriously the most lame thing ever.  It's one game a year and it's rough ridin' brilliant - I can't believe KSU hasn't sought Harley's sponsorship.  Would be a hell of a lot rough ridin' cooler than "This game brought to you by Dillons"  GTFOOH.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2012, 01:46:15 AM »
yeah wow heinballs.  touche.  looks like you were really a maverick in that thread.  a real you v. the world type dynamic there.  if only some one else would've joined you in your "pro harley day" stance.

wait a second:

The way I see it, we can either get embarrassed/humiliated by Harley Day, or embrace it and lather ourselves in it.

<-----This guy is taking a bath in Harley Day.

:cool:

VROOM

whoa, maybe your "all you bitches claiming to love it are either liars or weren't there to back me up when I was the ONLY person to defend harley day for the shear awesomeness that it is," comment was a little off base.  maybe a few people deserve some apologies.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:49:49 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
http://www.theonion.com/articles/wow-check-out-that-motorcycle-revving,10729/

Whoever wrote that is an idiot. Motorcycle revving is so rough ridin' annoying. (aside from Harley Day)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
It's a matter of perception.  People that know motorcycles and aren't peer-pressured into conformity recognize Harley's as the overpriced status symbols that they are to middle-age farts with a misplaced sense of identity.

However, since many non-motorcyclists don't know any better, they think Harley's are awesome. 

So, does K-State cater to the misinformed masses and go with the flow to soak up the adulation?  Or does K-State go all contrary and disavow Harley day?

My answer:  Whatever will get rid of that ridiculous track at BSFS.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2012, 09:52:18 AM »
yeah wow heinballs.  touche.  looks like you were really a maverick in that thread.  a real you v. the world type dynamic there.  if only some one else would've joined you in your "pro harley day" stance.

wait a second:

The way I see it, we can either get embarrassed/humiliated by Harley Day, or embrace it and lather ourselves in it.

<-----This guy is taking a bath in Harley Day.

:cool:

VROOM

whoa, maybe your "all you bitches claiming to love it are either liars or weren't there to back me up when I was the ONLY person to defend harley day for the shear awesomeness that it is," comment was a little off base.  maybe a few people deserve some apologies.

Stop taking things so personal.

Sent from my iPhone using DealWithItBitches.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »
should do it for basketball...just a straight line through the octagon bowl of chicken nuggets

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »
question...what's our record on Harley Day? I think it's pretty good  :emawkid: :sdeek:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2016, 05:55:28 PM »
I just saw on Twitter its harley day at BSFS  :ksu:

The Big Train

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2016, 11:41:29 PM »
It was extra loud today, closing off the NE corner really keeps the sound in

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2016, 08:19:31 AM »
I ride a BMW. I wouldn't go near those old farts trying to look badass in black leather, half of whom can only get down the road in trikes.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2016, 08:35:08 AM »
I think it's great, you guys.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2016, 10:15:14 AM »
Lose my crap love it

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2016, 10:22:11 AM »
Somebody said it last year but it's just old dorks dressed in leather that used to be young dorks playing D&D. Not really my thing.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2016, 11:56:16 AM »
I thought there were fewer harleys and not nearly as loud this year