Author Topic: Big Idea  (Read 10568 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Big Idea
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 05:47:38 AM »
Increased ticket sales from pending football success under Charlie Weis

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »
Increased ticket sales from pending football success under Charlie Weis

That stuck out to me as well.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 08:55:39 AM »
Lazy river full of NBAF mutants  :ohno:

Cute mutants like this, but in purple? Or scary mutants, like Bo Pelini?

I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2012, 12:41:36 PM »
Lazy river full of NBAF mutants  :ohno:

Cute mutants like this, but in purple? Or scary mutants, like Bo Pelini?

If the LR is stocked with Bo Pelini, we'll all know why it's warm.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »
Lil bro trying to square off stadium (like big bro's) and add lazy river (like big bro).

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=9046610&p=7

Quote from: LSLIQ
Am I the only one who would hate to see a new stadium built? There is a lot of history in that place, despite not hosting many winning teams. I think an east side renovation, along with lowering the field and removing the track would do just fine.

They know nothing about sight lines.  :rolleyes:

Offline BEFR

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 06:44:09 PM »
was thru town late last week and noted some heavy excavations and detouring on claflin west of denison... has dlew (our visionary friend) begun to execute his vast and brilliant hydro-scheme thru some special black ops funding? or, is that where the vast profits of the athletic dept build toward?  :thumbsup:

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 08:09:32 PM »
Lil bro trying to square off stadium (like big bro's) and add lazy river (like big bro).

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=9046610&p=7

oh man, i know sdub88 personally. when i went to nc state, she followed me, never wanting to end our personal rivalry and enrolled at UNC. she constantly tweets ignorant KU-loving tweets at me on twitter. she also roots for k-state over UNC, where she attends. i mean thanks for the support, but really? what is wrong with her?! any board she's on is automatically a joke.

also, who spells moat as 'mote'?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
Dlew, please see to it that the lazy river is big enough to accommodate my new tailgating setup.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=11985&promo=MidSummer2012

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »
Dlew, please see to it that the lazy river is big enough to accommodate my new tailgating setup.

oh wow. 

shouldn't be a problem

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2012, 03:58:15 PM »

lol @ anyone paying 50k for that

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »

lol @ anyone paying 50k for that

:dubious:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »
so if you buy that you get photoshopped into a farm pond scene?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2012, 04:10:45 PM »
Listen assholes.  Dlew and Schulz are making the lazy river a reality, and I will be first in the water with my barbecue dining boat.  Guess who won't be on the boat, cire and kim carnes?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »
Listen assholes.  Dlew and Schulz are making the lazy river a reality, and I will be first in the water with my barbecue dining boat.  Guess who won't be on the boat, cire and kim carnes?

no way currie allows that liability on our lazy river

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »
LOL that you guys think LHCBS will let anything "lazy" in his stadium.  If this river is ever going to happen we need to rename it.  Something like "the steady and determined river."  "The consistency and methodical river."  I'm sure one of you wil come up with a real winner for a name.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

He won't be around.  The Animal will be working the grill.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »

can't wait to try the animals meat

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »

can't wait to try the animals meat

I'll put you down for one of the 8 other seats.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2021, 10:38:41 AM »

So fellas, I've been doing a lot of research lately.  This was spawned by the realization that WE, THE FANS, can make a real difference in the way our favorite team (ksu) operates.  We've seen the stuff _Fan has done and the way the University has embraced it.  I know we've visited this subject in the past, but I think now, as LHOFHCBSFS embarks on a major construction project, is the time to really push for it. 

First of all, we all love LHOFHCBSFS.  It's a great stadium.  One of the best in the country.  But if we're being honest with ourselves, the stadium has a huge black eye.  That black eye is that idiotic asphalt track that goes around the stadium.  Squawk fans give us hell about that, and I'm humiliated every time they bring it up.  We need to replace that with a unique tradition that will give Kansas State an instantly recognizable brand.

What I'm trying to say is this, guys. It's time to get this Lazy River business off the ground.

I know this concept has been brought up in the past, but I think we were putting the cart before the horse.  Before, we had tried to give the greater MHK community a public transportation system with the river.  There were talks of it being underground and heated. 

Do not get me wrong; that should still be the endgame, but a project like that takes an insane amount of capital and cannot be achieved overnight. To assume it could is asinine and ridiculous.  Time to be rational about this.  There has got to be phases.  The first phase, I suggest, should be to replace the hideous asphalt track with an above ground, heated, river, which may or may not be lazy.  The river would be wide and deep enough to allow for big $$$ donors to float reasonably sized speed boats, clippers, gondolas and even yachts to float around the field.

In addition to the increased revenue supplied by said boat enthusiast-donors, we could also cover the lost revenue previously generated by Harley Day by creating a Kawasaki day.  Picture it: Hundreds of jet-skis circling BSFS on ABC minutes prior to the big game against in-state rival Kansas. 

The roar and mist created by them would drive students into a frenzy AND generate some SERIOUS cash flow, which, will support a wider river infrastructure down the road, possibly coinciding with UPKS's 2025 plan. I've contacted UPKS already with this plan, and am awaiting his response.  In the meantime, feel free to add any suggestions or concerns here.

I don't think anyone in the country has anything like this, but I could be wrong though.  The time for a lazy river is NOW, people.

What's the status of this? With the federal money spigot flowing, we should be able to get it in the Biden infrastructure bill if it's not in there already.
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »
our small time AD has a hard on for not taking any public money.  kiss it goodbye

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2021, 12:32:30 PM »
our small time AD has a hard on for not taking any public money.  kiss it goodbye

Even if we had the money, he's completely out of touch with what the fan base wants anyway.

I mean, he didn't even force them to put any turrets on the south EZ project.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2021, 08:45:49 AM »
"o'er the ramparts we watched"...it's in the national anthem!

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2021, 09:56:04 AM »
Could this be a combo log ride for the olds so they don't have to pack a bathing suit for GameDay?  You don't want me rolling into section 23 in nothing but trunks.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2021, 01:22:57 PM »
Long sleeve swim shirts with UV protection are what even the kids should be wearing anyway. You're good.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2021, 07:27:14 PM »

Even if we had the money, he's completely out of touch with what the fan base wants anyway.

I mean, he didn't even force them to put any turrets on the south EZ project.

I think we're at KU level with our AD and coach.  In Mean Gene's last interview he was giving info. on how to be a successful P5 AD.  Says to be a AD at smaller schools and then get on a P5 staff.  Do a good job and you'll get the opportunity to be an AD.  Once you'll there do a good job and you'll be there a long time.  Yes our lazy AD has found his retirement job and we're heading downhill all the way.  Just got an e-mail that Manhattan Hy-Vee is selling ten dollar tickets Thursday.  Great, we spent millions of bucks and practically give away tickets to fill the Bill.  THIS IS NOT LOOKING GOOD!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.