Author Topic: Big Idea  (Read 10570 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Big Idea
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »
So fellas, I've been doing a lot of research lately.  This was spawned by the realization that WE, THE FANS, can make a real difference in the way our favorite team (ksu) operates.  We've seen the stuff _Fan has done and the way the University has embraced it.  I know we've visited this subject in the past, but I think now, as LHOFHCBSFS embarks on a major construction project, is the time to really push for it. 

First of all, we all love LHOFHCBSFS.  It's a great stadium.  One of the best in the country.  But if we're being honest with ourselves, the stadium has a huge black eye.  That black eye is that idiotic asphalt track that goes around the stadium.  Squawk fans give us hell about that, and I'm humiliated every time they bring it up.  We need to replace that with a unique tradition that will give Kansas State an instantly recognizable brand.

What I'm trying to say is this, guys. It's time to get this Lazy River business off the ground.

I know this concept has been brought up in the past, but I think we were putting the cart before the horse.  Before, we had tried to give the greater MHK community a public transportation system with the river.  There were talks of it being underground and heated. 

Do not get me wrong; that should still be the endgame, but a project like that takes an insane amount of capital and cannot be achieved overnight. To assume it could is asinine and ridiculous.  Time to be rational about this.  There has got to be phases.  The first phase, I suggest, should be to replace the hideous asphalt track with an above ground, heated, river, which may or may not be lazy.  The river would be wide and deep enough to allow for big $$$ donors to float reasonably sized speed boats, clippers, gondolas and even yachts to float around the field.

In addition to the increased revenue supplied by said boat enthusiast-donors, we could also cover the lost revenue previously generated by Harley Day by creating a Kawasaki day.  Picture it: Hundreds of jet-skis circling BSFS on ABC minutes prior to the big game against in-state rival Kansas. 

The roar and mist created by them would drive students into a frenzy AND generate some SERIOUS cash flow, which, will support a wider river infrastructure down the road, possibly coinciding with UPKS's 2025 plan. I've contacted UPKS already with this plan, and am awaiting his response.  In the meantime, feel free to add any suggestions or concerns here.

I don't think anyone in the country has anything like this, but I could be wrong though.  The time for a lazy river is NOW, people.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:31:15 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Big Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
We could put sharks, electric eels, alligators, and lions in it, in hopes that the opposing teams players will fall in it.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »
Could be a huge benefit to KSU Cats Rowing teams.  The footbal stadium could double as one of the premier rowing venues in the Big-12.  It would be kind of like having a track around your football field to conduct track and field events.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
Coming 2013*

Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 02:45:02 PM »
"Sams is at the 20, the 10, 5, Touchdown Kansas State! Daniel Sams has run for his 4th touchdown of the day, and now he's going to celebrate it with a pina colada from the the Lazy River bar while floating in the official goEMAW river raft."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
"Sams is at the 20, the 10, 5, Touchdown Kansas State! Daniel Sams has run for his 4th touchdown of the day, and now he's going to celebrate it with a pina colada from the the Lazy River bar while floating in the official goEMAW river raft."
Sams at the 10, 5 TOUCHDOWN.  TOUCHDOWN KANSAS STATE.  And here comes the signature Powercat Splash!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »
Sams at the 10, 5 TOUCHDOWN.  TOUCHDOWN KANSAS STATE.  And here comes the signature Powercat Splash!

Labeau Leap eat your heart out! 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
Now we bring it down to the sideline to catch up with Jim Knox

"Hows it going down there Knoxy?"

"ITS GREAT! I'm having a Rum Runner, catching some Rays and (Knoxy's tube is flipped by a gaggle of 10 yr olds) flub flub flub"

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »
Judging by the current renderings, there will be mass carnage at the intersection of Claflin and Denison. How do you plan to avoid that, Dlew12?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »
I have been reluctant to embrace the lazy river concept in the past (for obvious reasons).  However, this is different.  I could be persuaded to support this.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 04:20:31 PM »
Judging by the current renderings, there will be mass carnage at the intersection of Claflin and Denison. How do you plan to avoid that, Dlew12?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
The keepers of the MHK Lazy River should be modeled after Team Zissou.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 04:22:07 PM »
The Chill at the Bill?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »

:thumbs:

Also, the motto for K-State students on gameday could be, "Let's get crazy, then get lazy!"

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »
Also, the motto for K-State students on gameday could be, "Let's get crazy, then get lazy!"

:emawkid:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »

Round about pools

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Big Idea
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 04:37:49 PM »
Not gonna lie, this idea is awesome!!! Would it be legal to have a lazy river around the field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 04:40:11 PM »
Not gonna lie, this idea is awesome!!! Would it be legal to have a lazy river around the field?

Don't want to be that guy, but I am pretty sure this dream died when we declined to offer the Pirate.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »

DELETE THIS Thread. Don't let the NCAA brass know our plans. If they covered "lazy rivers around the stadium" in any of the rules, more power to them, but don't tip our hat before it just "shows up" at opening kickoff 2013.
(I am in full support.)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 04:50:15 PM »
"It is brutally cold here at BSFS and too make matters worse for Mack Brown's squad, their starting RB has fallen through the ice after being pushed out of bounds on a sweep."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »
"It is brutally cold here at BSFS and too make matters worse for Mack Brown's squad, their starting RB has fallen through the ice after being pushed out of bounds on a sweep."

Apparently the young man failed his cold water suit deployment test multiple times in pre-game yet was still allowed by the Texas staff to play.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »
Instead of throwing water on LHOFHCBS after a big win, we could throw him in the lazy river! Plus, chances are we'd be looking for a new coach the next year  :emawkid:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »
I'll start digging the lazy river tonight!

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »
Can the bottom and sides of the lazy/non-lazy river be lined with limestone?  Because, if so:  :thumbs:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 05:17:12 PM »

Uh.  No crap.