Author Topic: HBBIQ input only plz  (Read 3266 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
HBBIQ input only plz
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:10:13 PM »
so, luis colon gets to start every game. i have yet to determine legitimate reasons for this.

today we got off to a bad start (down ~6 in the first 5 or so minutes.) seems to happen a lot.

after the first few minutes, we seem to play okay.

if we didn't start luis colon, would we be better?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: HBBIQ input only plz
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »
Luis is worthless. I'd rather see JHR.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:13:24 PM »
what a dumbass thread.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »
he sucks, but he's there to protect our other bigs from foul trouble.

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »
The only thing I can think of is that he is physical and beats up the other bigs early.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »
so, luis colon gets to start every game. i have yet to determine legitimate reasons for this.

today we got off to a bad start (down ~6 in the first 5 or so minutes.) seems to happen a lot.

Pretty LBBIQ question, but here's your answer.

Luis is in the game to defend.  The bad start was purely offensive, the defensive effort at the start was fantastic.  Unless he is taking bad shots, stopping the ball, or turning it over, he cannot be blamed for the guards missing everything they threw up the first 4:30.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »
Luis should just dislocate the other bigs shoulder in Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)/uncoordinated manor and he will have done his job.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
Luis is in the game to try and push some people around . . . he really pretty much can't defend down low for crap (unless you consider a foul defense), and teams have pretty much figured out how to easily move around him when he tries to come out front.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 08:30:04 PM »
Putting Samuels in off of the bench is designed to let him survey the game and stay calm coming in.  Let Colon take the first few cheap fouls.  Samuels would consistantly foul out in 7 minutes of play if we did not do it. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »
Luis is in the game to try and push some people around . . . he really pretty much can't defend down low for crap (unless you consider a foul defense), and teams have pretty much figured out how to easily move around him when he tries to come out front.

KU had 5 points and Cole was 1-3 at the first media time out.  What more could you possibly expect from non-Dominican Lou?

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
I agree with parts of what you are saying here.  Luis is obviously worthless, and starting him is just asking for an early deficit.  The ONLY way to beat KU is to get a huge lead early.  Really think JHR should be getting significantly more playing time, especially when facing a guy like Aldrich. 

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »
I used to defend the 'start Luis' school of thought, but the more I think about it, it's senseless. Put in somebody else who can score from the start, then bring Luis in to pick up fouls and (somewhat) defend against the second rotation. We rarely ever lose control of a game, so why not give us a chance to go up early for once? And for shazbot!'s sake would we just start pulling the trigger when we have a good look? We spend 20 seconds looking for a WIDE open shot, ignoring three good looks, only to be forced into garbage shots and passes. wtf Frank?

:powerespect:

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 08:47:01 PM »
I agree with parts of what you are saying here.  Luis is obviously worthless, and starting him is just asking for an early deficit.  The ONLY way to beat KU is to get a huge lead early.  Really think JHR should be getting significantly more playing time, especially when facing a guy like Aldrich.  

LOL, he said HBBIQ input only.  Lou is our best option against meth mouth because of his bulk, JHR would get dunked on every time and might get his ribs broken from an Aldrich shoulder.  Martavious Irving is a better option than JHR.  Cole's biggest strength is his strength, so you combat that by putting a dude on him who is 7'0" 165 lbs.  
:facepalm:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:50:33 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »
Really think JHR should be getting significantly more playing time, especially when facing a guy like Aldrich.  

But JHR didn't earn it in practice thus potential matchup problems are ignored.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »
hey dumbasses, jhr sucks.  that's why he doesn't start.  has nothing to do with colon.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 08:53:19 PM »

Luis is in the game to defend.  The bad start was purely offensive, the defensive effort at the start was fantastic.  Unless he is taking bad shots, stopping the ball, or turning it over, he cannot be blamed for the guards missing everything they threw up the first 4:30.

i know the bad start was purely offensive, but doesn't that have something to do with lou?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »

i know the bad start was purely offensive, but doesn't that have something to do with lou?

I already answered that

Unless he is taking bad shots, stopping the ball, or turning it over, he cannot be blamed for the guards missing everything they threw up the first 4:30.

In that stretch he was 0-2, one of those was a missed tip-in on a Clemente miss.  He was on the court so of course he had something to do with it, but since he isn't responsible for scoring he was the least of the problems. 

Who cares?  All it amounted to was a 5-0 run, there were at least 7 of those in this game between the two teams.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 08:58:56 PM »
I agree with theKSU.  We should've just gotten that huge early lead.  What was Frank thinking?

Luis is in the game to defend.  The bad start was purely offensive, the defensive effort at the start was fantastic.  Unless he is taking bad shots, stopping the ball, or turning it over, he cannot be blamed for the guards missing everything they threw up the first 4:30.

Somewhat, but we don't have a lot of better offensive options in his place (Judge may be a bit better at this point but not much).  We basically have to have Judge/Colon in whenever Aldrich is in because they are the only ones with bodies to defend him.  

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »

KU had 5 points and Cole was 1-3 at the first media time out.  What more could you possibly expect from non-Dominican Lou?

I wasn't talking about 1 game.   Aldrich has been missing point blank shots all season . . . that's not Lu, that's Aldrich.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 09:02:04 PM »
Wally had a nice game.

Great job, wally.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »
he sucks, but he's there to protect our other bigs from foul trouble.

Fatty does his best stopped clock impersonation.

Lu plays to absorb the quick 2-3 fouls the refs always call early.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 09:50:18 PM »
We're 26-7.  I'm not at all concerned about Lu starting a couple more games before he graduates. 

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »
Damn you OK and your half full glass.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 10:49:45 PM »
We're 26-7.  I'm not at all concerned about Lu starting a couple more games before he graduates. 

damn you and your big picture