Author Topic: Fattyfest 2012  (Read 41687 times)

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Fattyfest 2012
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2012, 02:27:33 PM »
also, dlew, what about that old drunk guy that came up and told us his roast beef sandwich recipe.  omg.
also, he was pretty deadset on going to an online law school

Jokes on you.  When your freezing your ass off up North, just think about that guy taking shots in Kites and streaming Torts lectures.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2012, 02:36:37 PM »
Can't believe I missed this thing, should probably stop posting

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »

Nah, just commit to going next year.  We'll give more notice and iron out all the bugs next time around.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2012, 02:54:03 PM »
I was in Manhattan and planning on coming, but the combo of a sudden family issue and me developing the flu kept me from being able to attend.  I just now got back out of bed.  Really, really bummed I missed it. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »
I was in Manhattan and planning on coming, but the combo of a sudden family issue and me developing the flu kept me from being able to attend.  I just now got back out of bed.  Really, really bummed I missed it.

yeah, I was wondering where you were.  wanted to thank you in person for the ticket hookup.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
Couldn't make it but I'm very glad you guys managed to pull it off successfully. Pretty proud of the site and all that you guys do.  :cheers:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
i'm very proud of all of you.  wish i could have participated.
"a garden city man wondered in april if the theologians had not made a mistake in locating the garden of eden in asia rather than in the arkansas river valley."

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2012, 03:25:19 PM »
Yep, very cool event. Sorry I couldn't be there. Will def plan to be there next year. Round of applause to everyone who donated, participated and coordinated the event.  :thumbs:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Fattyfest 2012
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2012, 04:31:26 PM »
Sounds so increds. Really wish I could've been there.   :cry:  Next time.   :emawkid: to everyone who made it work, though.

For those of us who weren't there, can you guys give us more info on items auctioned, money raised, and funny 'pak stories a la roast beef guy?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:35:35 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »
Sounds so increds. Really wish I could've been there. ????. Next time.

For those of us who weren't there, can you guys give us more info on items auctioned, money raised, and funny 'pak stories a la roast beef guy?
We went to O'Malley's at around 11, about 9 hours after Fattyfest kicked off.  A band was playing and one of the more enthusiastic members of the board went up and started talking to the lead singer between songs.  After about a minute and a half of discreet conversation, the aforementioned EMAW sauntered back, dejected.  The singer took the mic and made it clear to the audience that neither he, nor the enthusiastic 'pakr would rehash embarrassing anecdotes about donors or their granddaughters.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2012, 04:38:01 PM »
Sounds so increds. Really wish I could've been there. ????. Next time.

We went to O'Malley's at around 11, about 9 hours after Fattyfest kicked off.  A band was playing and one of the more enthusiastic members of the board went up and started talking to the lead singer between songs.  After about a minute and a half of discreet conversation, the aforementioned EMAW sauntered back, dejected.  The singer took the mic and made it clear to the audience that neither he, nor the enthusiastic 'pakr would rehash embarrassing anecdotes about donors or their granddaughters.

:excited:  more more more
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
LSOC cut the rough ridin' rug at Omalleys with an entire bachelorette party, got propositioned by a married gal from Tongie.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 24, 2012, 04:50:52 PM »
LSOC cut the rough ridin' rug at Omalleys with an entire bachelorette party, got propositioned by a married gal from Tongie.
Those ladies absolutely melted talking to the duo of LSOC/Y_LA

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 24, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »
Well wouldn't you?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Yeah, I forgot how much I own the crap out of the Ville.  Should rename Moro "limestone crossing"

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »
A truly incredible event.  I'm so proud to be a part of something like this.  goEMAW is a special thing - special enough where good people who genuinely like each other value it so much that they're willing to drive hours to do something good and honor one of their lost friends.  It must have been so special for Fatty's family to walk down into that cellar of a bar and see all of us eager to welcome them and pay tribute to our friend and their son. 

These are strange, but real friendships we have on here, and yesterday was our proudest moment. 

Well said.  I'm gonna start welling up again after barely making it out of lunch with fatty's family without bawling.  They are so appreciative of everyone's support.  Fatty's mom mentioned that this weekend was the brightest moment they've had in some time.

I think what I've taken away is that goEMAW isn't simply a website.  I guess it's like EMAW in that it's a state of mind or way of life that's really hard to explain.  Maybe goEMAW is just the most elite subset of EMAW.  From now on, when randoms ask me how I know any of you, I'll tell them "from goEMAW."  If that's not a sufficient explanation to them, so be it.

Also, fatty's sisters noted again how much fatty hated master threads, so it's really great how there's a half-dozen or so of these all over the board.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2012, 05:11:54 PM »
y-l_a, if you're trying to figure out where the other 5 are, keep in mind that some may be on "secret" boards.  :peek:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
Also, and this may not be as eloquent as dlew's words, but I love the post-event bbs'n at times like this where we all suck our own collective goEMAW dick.

But goddamn, we earned this blowjob.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2012, 05:13:53 PM »
Those ladies absolutely melted talking to the duo of LSOC/Y_LA
oh man.... like i said cougars gonna coug.. happily married my ass  :lol:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »
y-l_a, if you're trying to figure out where the other 5 are, keep in mind that some may be on "secret" boards.  :peek:

:lol: you obviously didnt hear that saul auctioned off to me the superest secretest board

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »
Also, and this may not be as eloquent as dlew's words, but I love the post-event bbs'n at times like this where we all suck our own collective goEMAW dick.

But goddamn, we earned this blowjob.
aptly put, trim.

Online _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »

Let's go together next year. You can lend me your Ed collection at that time as well.   :D

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »
BOWLING ALLEY LAWYER?!?!?

:ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2012, 05:47:26 PM »
Are we absolutely positive that LSOC isn't BSAC?